Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 9:13 Quote
fullbug wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
fullbug wrote:
not gonna lie. tried a spesh e-bike. tried to hide my grin but like bein on a jet ski i just couldn't hide it.
disclaimer - i'm still on 26s...so..

I'm only annoyed you are still on 26". Don't you dare follow that up by saying you are still running tubes as well. If that's the case... get a rope.
Snicker snicker.

dead man walkin here, shred.

Snicker snicker snicker.

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 9:21 Quote
jerome wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
d-man wrote:

Damn that sucks, 5.4l?

No the smaller engine. It was a coolant leak that shorted out one of the plugs.

While the thing was in being fixed I test drove a jeep and am pretty close to pulling the pin. its a 2010 tj 4 door. 45000km for 28000...

The price of trucks is kind of stupi right now and there is very few for sale... going to sleep on it and if i still like the idea tomorrow then maybe....

don't do it, unless it is a second or third vehicle, short wheelbase is terrible for long drives and the maintenance schedule that Jeep want to you to follow is ridiculous!
You should expand your search to Fernie and come ride some trails in my neighbourhood

Long wheelbase on those 4 doors, they're really like a small truck like a Canyon.

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 9:50 Quote
husstler wrote:
jerome wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:

No the smaller engine. It was a coolant leak that shorted out one of the plugs.

While the thing was in being fixed I test drove a jeep and am pretty close to pulling the pin. its a 2010 tj 4 door. 45000km for 28000...

The price of trucks is kind of stupi right now and there is very few for sale... going to sleep on it and if i still like the idea tomorrow then maybe....

don't do it, unless it is a second or third vehicle, short wheelbase is terrible for long drives and the maintenance schedule that Jeep want to you to follow is ridiculous!
You should expand your search to Fernie and come ride some trails in my neighbourhood

Long wheelbase on those 4 doors, they're really like a small truck like a Canyon.

I like jeeps and would own one, but driving my neighbours four door jeep still feels like.... Driving a jeep. Boingedy boingedy boing.

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 9:53 Quote
46 years old. Three degrees, wife, kids, job.
I just used "boingedy boingedy boing" to complete a point I was trying to make.
And here I am wondering why the illuminati admissions personnel haven't contacted me yet.

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 9:56 Quote
obee1 wrote:
And here I am wondering why the illuminati admissions personnel haven't contacted me yet.

Hahaha....that is f*cking awesome Obee! I know the feeling all to well.

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 9:58 Quote
obee1 wrote:

I think we all got it ... brevity through improvised onomatopoeia.

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 10:07 Quote
husstler wrote:
obee1 wrote:

I think we all got it ... brevity through improvised onomatopoeia.

I'll take " three words I use to sound intelligent but have no idea what they mean", for 300 points Alex.

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 10:34 Quote
It cool ob you can jointhe illuminati on line now.... A googlez away

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 10:54 Quote

Welcome to a thirty minute rabbit hole of " oh f*ck, f*ck yeah, and why the f*ck do I remember this shit when I can't even remember today's date?" blueberry kush not included.

Mod
Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 11:25 Quote
Love my new jeep, and the maintence schedule isn't that bad on it, maybe because of its more of a highway and less of an off-roading vehicle type. Put over 17 000 Kms on since I bought it in March. It is a bit tall though and doesn't corner like my car could.

Also I have 3 26 inch bikes with tubes.

Good to be home from whistler. See doctor tomorrow. If I get cleared to ride I'm going to take off on the long weekend for somewhere.. to do some lift assisted.

I don't mind e bikes. If I had an option on riding one I'd be more inclined to go out for longer rides/ get more exercise. Even when I was in good shape a few minutes of climbing would cook my asthmatic lungs and I'd end up walking up the mountainside.

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 11:26 Quote
obee- puff n stuff!

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 11:27 Quote
Jeeps are sick, I tried to get the wife on board with a 4 door but was denied. She wanted an Explorer, which I am ok with since it meant not having to drive the mini van....lol.

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 11:47 Quote
d-man wrote:
Riyadh wrote:
husstler wrote:
Electric bikes can f*ck off, unless you're commuting.

That's all I have to say on the topic.

More or less agree. Over here majority of people dont mind them on the same trails. Personally i despise them on the same trail after one sneaked up on me as I was huffing and puffing up a hill. I didnt even hear it until it passed me at speed. Now if it had been someone pedaling like me, then at least they would of been a couple of seconds next to me as they pass.

I've been passed by local pro xc racer going uphill and I don't despise him..... was it that he was faster or putting in less effort that pissed you off?
Mountainbikers need to get off their high horse and quit complaining about ebikes. The community is becoming way to similar to hikers.
I hope manufacturers get rid of the boost button, then they are a bicycle with electric assist.

I have been seeing a few ebikes out here and by the body shape of the riders it's a good thing they are out riding. Any amount of extra physical activity is good for not just the individual but society in regards to health and wellness.

Had nothing to do about the effort etc. He passed me so quickly, I nearly fell off my bike from fright. This thing was flying and was out of sight in mere seconds. As I mentioned I only heard him when he passed. Maybe some courtesy like slowing done when approaching riders, or ringing a bell
I will most likely get an ebike in 10years time to afford me the ability to blast down by climbing easier.
Maybe Despise is too strong a word. I should of said dont like them creeping up on me.

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 12:25 Quote
Pro human power...
Pro any motor on any thing...
Pro any wheel size...
Pro tubes or tubeless...
Pro matchy-matchy or non matchy...
Pro goofin' off and having some levity in your day to day life...
Pro upsetting the status quo of current governance with all it's greed and corruption...
Pro going one step further than the last Pro and taking down to their knees the sinister and greedy groups that own our governance...

Pro giving a f*ck...
Pro not giving a f*ck...

...and Pro longer wheelbase than Suzuki's and 2dr Jeeps for hwy travel...they suck at that

el oh el

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.052411
Mobile Version of Website