Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 13:01 Quote
Riyadh wrote:
d-man wrote:
Riyadh wrote:

More or less agree. Over here majority of people dont mind them on the same trails. Personally i despise them on the same trail after one sneaked up on me as I was huffing and puffing up a hill. I didnt even hear it until it passed me at speed. Now if it had been someone pedaling like me, then at least they would of been a couple of seconds next to me as they pass.

I've been passed by local pro xc racer going uphill and I don't despise him..... was it that he was faster or putting in less effort that pissed you off?
Mountainbikers need to get off their high horse and quit complaining about ebikes. The community is becoming way to similar to hikers.
I hope manufacturers get rid of the boost button, then they are a bicycle with electric assist.

I have been seeing a few ebikes out here and by the body shape of the riders it's a good thing they are out riding. Any amount of extra physical activity is good for not just the individual but society in regards to health and wellness.

Had nothing to do about the effort etc. He passed me so quickly, I nearly fell off my bike from fright. This thing was flying and was out of sight in mere seconds. As I mentioned I only heard him when he passed. Maybe some courtesy like slowing done when approaching riders, or ringing a bell
I will most likely get an ebike in 10years time to afford me the ability to blast down by climbing easier.
Maybe Despise is too strong a word. I should of said dont like them creeping up on me.

Fair enough, I agree blowing by someone without giving them a heads up is a douche move.

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 13:40 Quote
OMFG.

Guns and Roses are the real f*cking deal. Unbelievable show.
My daughter will have a hard time topping that one.

3 hrs of loud ear drum splitting tunes . Axel sounded great. Slash is an animal.

Was epic day. I'll fill you guys in on a few of the stories in a bit. Man we laughed so hard watching her people watch.

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 13:52 Quote
Turned jeep down for now. Decided to not go into further debt. Wanting is not a need as was pointed out. My truck is fixed. In golden turning south. Soon to be in the promised land.

Remnants of forest fire just easy of golden and they are still Cleaning up an avalanche. Beautiful area but hard terrain.

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 16:00 Quote
Just ordered 2.5 lift and shocks for my jeep.
Gona bolt it up and see what kind of rubber I can squeeze under it. Then go shuttle

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 16:32 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
Gona bolt it up and see what kind of rubber I can squeeze under it. Then go shuttle

When I was in Moab they showed me how You can fit all kinds of rubber on a jeep depending on the fenders you add.

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 16:34 Quote
fullbug wrote:
obee- puff n stuff!

For real. I watched as much of it as possible then slid over to the hilarious house of frightenstein and watched a whole episode. Gold I tell ya. Fat Albert completed the night. Hooray for 70's entertainment!

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 16:50 Quote
loopie wrote:
Pro human power...
Pro any motor on any thing...
Pro any wheel size...
Pro tubes or tubeless...
Pro matchy-matchy or non matchy...
Pro goofin' off and having some levity in your day to day life...
Pro upsetting the status quo of current governance with all it's greed and corruption...
Pro going one step further than the last Pro and taking down to their knees the sinister and greedy groups that own our governance...

Pro giving a f*ck...
Pro not giving a f*ck...

...and Pro longer wheelbase than Suzuki's and 2dr Jeeps for hwy travel...they suck at that

el oh el

Fence sitter. Razz

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 18:14 Quote
obee1 wrote:
fullbug wrote:
obee- puff n stuff!

For real. I watched as much of it as possible then slid over to the hilarious house of frightenstein and watched a whole episode. Gold I tell ya. Fat Albert completed the night. Hooray for 70's entertainment!

ha! mushmouth lives!

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 18:30 Quote
fullbug wrote:
obee1 wrote:
fullbug wrote:
obee- puff n stuff!

ha! mushmouth lives!

I hold mushmouth partially responsible for the sorry state of hip hop today.

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 18:46 Quote
obee1 wrote:
fullbug wrote:
obee1 wrote:

ha! mushmouth lives!

I hold mushmouth partially responsible for the sorry state of hip hop today.

you're onto something, obee. lil wayne is direct descendant.

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 18:53 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
loopie wrote:
Pro human power...
Pro any motor on any thing...
Pro any wheel size...
Pro tubes or tubeless...
Pro matchy-matchy or non matchy...
Pro goofin' off and having some levity in your day to day life...
Pro upsetting the status quo of current governance with all it's greed and corruption...
Pro going one step further than the last Pro and taking down to their knees the sinister and greedy groups that own our governance...

Pro giving a f*ck...
Pro not giving a f*ck...

...and Pro longer wheelbase than Suzuki's and 2dr Jeeps for hwy travel...they suck at that

el oh el

Fence sitter. Razz

My mind is so open I can't even see a fence.

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 19:51 Quote
obee1 wrote:
jamezyo wrote:

When I was in Moab they showed me how You can fit all kinds of rubber on a jeep depending on the fenders you add.

When I was in Moab they showed me how You can fit all kinds of rubber on a jeep depending on the pieces you cut off.

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 20:27 Quote
loopie toons....lots to hear... this one is on my ears now...

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 22:24 Quote
husstler wrote:
obee1 wrote:
jamezyo wrote:

When I was in Moab they showed me how You can fit all kinds of rubber on a jeep depending on the pieces you cut off.

Yeah I suppose that too. But these dudes I was cabin-Ing beside were pretty jazzed up about these high fenders, really high floppy ones that allowed some big ass tires under them, with less of a lift kit iirc.

Bunch a boingedy motherf*ckers.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.060255
Mobile Version of Website