PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 7:11 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
Looks like your bc trails will have to wait a few years for me to work onFrown
So kids really kill your dreams hey....
No more moving to Vernon .
Buying a house in Calgary Frown
Dead broke paying off all my outstanding bills from over the last 20 years .
Barely has enough money for shuttle gas never mind heading out to ride silverstar for birthday/closing weekend.
Booooooooooooooooooo

I know there is no creativeness but one of the guys we ride with works with H2S and says that anyone witht he ticket and a pulse can get employed right now.Huge trade of to the dream but 20 years of bills disappears pretty nicely.

To bad though. I saved you a stupid big drop to deal with.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 8:59 Quote
d-man wrote:
Road trip to Golden last night to ride bikes since all land access is closed around home. High on the fun factor, if you are looking for a great burger stop at the Wolfs Den
[PI=15161988 size=h align=c]Wicked tuna burger @wolfsden[/PI]

Wicked tuna burger wolfsden

You send me one of those for fixing!!

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 9:31 Quote
[Quote="vernonjeff"]
jamezyo wrote:
Looks like your bc trails will have to wait a few years for me to work onFrown
So kids really kill your dreams hey....
No more moving to Vernon .
Buying a house in Calgary Frown
Dead broke paying off all my outstanding bills from over the last 20 years .
Barely has enough money for shuttle gas never mind heading out to ride silverstar for birthday/closing weekend.
Booooooooooooooooooo

happy birthday james. don't let reality bring you down too far. living in Valhalla is for dead people. we can enjoy the Okanagan visits from the land of grit and rigor. and employment.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 10:16 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
jamezyo wrote:
I'd say the right hand alternate hit on lower Jedi is largest on Jedi.
Right before the pulloff in clearing.
You can send the right hip landing for a long distance.
But coming into it over all the brake bumps at top speed is unnerving. Then pop! Your up! Lol

I would have agreed with you in the past, but I've seen pics of myself on the alternate gappy thing you speak of and I look like even less amplitude than this one. I think the gap just makes that one feel big (blue trail).

I buy shred measuring stick to develop rampage style data graphics for all features on mountain.

Hummmm. James may be correct. That alternate jump on Jedi might be the biggest but the 4 pack is a better set and more fun. That and you can send the last one long into the bank/hip.
Simple test though. It's closing weekend and I have a small tape measure. More info to come.

HBD James!
Having kids always crushes dreams. That's why I have no plans to hop on the parent train.
That said once you have them your dreams will just refocus to their safety and happiness.
The second is the less selfish dream... but hey... I have three bikes and just ride whenever I want. Where shall I go today?
Snicker snicker.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 10:59 Quote
Having kids always crushes dreams. That's why I have no plans to hop on the parent train.
That said once you have them your dreams will just refocus to their safety and happiness.

once again, burr tells it like it is.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 11:12 Quote
lol. 25yrs. gotta barter for parole or have minimum security for regular escapes.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 11:25 Quote
Hey Obee yea moved to the island after twenty years in Fernie. I took a job up north as the writing was on the wall for the Finning branch in the valley. So doing the big commute which is working out good.Living on the island its like living in Fernie with the ocean close by.Good biking good skiing lakes rivers all that good stuff. Do miss looking at the ski hill from my bed room window though. One thing which totally surprised us is the abundance of good fresh food which is accessible and affordable. One other thing a while back you where asking about the tensile tent,my kid has one and he loves it. He has had it for a couple of years and it is bombproof just some info.
Levelfingers Steven Exely the event organizer of the Mt Washington race posted the photos of the trophy and shared them with me.He said NS Billet made them so i assumed that you had a hand making them. I also know Steven from my time in Fernie as i was involved the bike community and we worked together on the some of the races he organized.Also my kid has a couple your medals that you made a few years ago for Steven they are still hanging up in the garage. Smile

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 11:35 Quote
finning wrote:
Hey Obee yea moved to the island after twenty years in Fernie.

Got myself all excited thinking "hey do I know you", then realized I moved away 27 years ago with just a brief six month return 20 years ago. Almost all our friends live in Fernie now so this summer we've spend a disproportionate number of weekends there.

Fernie on the ocean sounds like magic!!!

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 11:39 Quote
I've seen the trophies as well. They were briefly up on pinkbike but appear to be have taken down, are still up on Facebook land though. Very nice.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 12:21 Quote
Yep those trophies. Chris made them, and I helped out a bit. It's not really what we do, but it was a good thing to do. I'm just old fashioned when it comes to social media. Of course there were pictures right away. From Chris, from Stephen, from Pinkbike maybe, who knows.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BY57YE2BbqE/?hl=en&taken-by=nsbillet

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 12:22 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Jamezyo and Loopie need one of these for route clearing...

Gee Zuzz.....private property private project? .....Russia?
Who the hell signed off on that? LOL

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 12:25 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
Yep those trophies. Chris made them, and I helped out a bit. It's not really what we do, but it was a good thing to do. I'm just old fashioned when it comes to social media. Of course there were pictures right away. From Chris, from Stephen, from Pinkbike maybe, who knows.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BY57YE2BbqE/?hl=en&taken-by=nsbillet

Nice work Boys!

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 13:31 Quote
loop - big krit is nice set.

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032601
Mobile Version of Website