Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 9:06 Quote
I just watched the Luke Strobel on the Whole Enchilada trail video.

I gotta say; they really highlighted the trail destruction. Sooper close up slo mo of him braiding trail, roosting all over and littering. I am not opposed to MTB in sensitive areas, but this stuff was so touted that it drew my attention away from what goods the video had to offer.

Are they not fighting for trail access down there?

He probably widened the trail 6" by just riding it once.

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 9:52 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
I just watched the Luke Strobel on the Whole Enchilada trail video.

I gotta say; they really highlighted the trail destruction. Sooper close up slo mo of him braiding trail, roosting all over and littering. I am not opposed to MTB in sensitive areas, but this stuff was so touted that it drew my attention away from what goods the video had to offer.

Are they not fighting for trail access down there?

He probably widened the trail 6" by just riding it once.
I agree, not the image that should be out there. Gives the tree huggers ammunition in arguments against trail access.

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 10:46 Quote
Yeah I tend not to share videos where bikes are being used as a wmd or chasing mamottes

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 11:05 Quote
I think that trails like that should be enjoyed by all. I just wouldn't race down every trail. We always ride less aggressively in situations like that. In order to reduce the risk because help is really far away. In order to enjoy the scenery because we don't get to ride stuff like that every day. In order to not to piss people off who have put in a big effort to get away from the hustle and bustle and faced paced everything.
And many more related reasons.

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 11:36 Quote
The cryptobiotic soil in Moab is very important to the area, and it's super fragile. EVERYWHERE you go in that region there's signage stressing it's unique and critical position in the local ecosystem. So yeah lever, you're right. Posting a video showing trail "painting" doesn't help the fight for access.
I personally don't think this video presented too too much braiding or trail abuse, but no doubt they could have done a better job impressing upon the viewership the needs to respect the area.
I actually think this very point is a struggle that Moab itself has not yet resolved. Riding places like slick rock, mag 7 and the enchilada have so many otherworldly sandstone play lands that improvisation and trail interpretation becomes a natural experience for any rider. Choosing your own line is a problem that has riders encountering cryptobiotic soil and cacti- and the whole adventure/adrenaline vibe usually means the soil gets f*cked.

Here's where I mention that I will be in Moab again this march the 25th until April fools day. And if you are there too, we will ride majestic translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of hemdale.

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 11:50 Quote
obee1 wrote:
The cryptobiotic soil in Moab is very important to the area, and it's super fragile.

A direct contrast to this video is the Tatenishimi (sp?) video from the other day where they were very careful to leave no trace, and get proper permission from the first nations in the area. I think responsibly producing a video is getting to be essential.

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 12:27 Quote
Being responsible in general is going to be essential Smile

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 13:25 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Shred Buggzie...Have you played a Baritone guitar yet?

I have not played a Baritone guitar. I was considering one of these a while back but never pulled the trigger.

ster- definitely dig those baritones. try one thru the new doctor z 40watt combo. push it past 6 and it breaks up so nicely! might need to clear the house first. hehe
congrats on the drum kit. shoulda told me ya wanted one! had a 5 pc with 2 crashes and ride cymbals i gave away over the summer!

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 13:37 Quote
Ray-Neary wrote:
Being responsible in general is going to be essential Smile

Keeper.

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 14:53 Quote
fullbug wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
Shred Buggzie...Have you played a Baritone guitar yet?

I have not played a Baritone guitar. I was considering one of these a while back but never pulled the trigger.

ster- definitely dig those baritones. try one thru the new doctor z 40watt combo. push it past 6 and it breaks up so nicely! might need to clear the house first. hehe
congrats on the drum kit. shoulda told me ya wanted one! had a 5 pc with 2 crashes and ride cymbals i gave away over the summer!

Thats ok shipping would have been a kller! Someone got a stoker from you Smile

My buddy from early days tagged me on facebook with a slayer live undead shirt and a black flag wasted again vinyl album i gave him for his 12th birthday... Kinda made me choke up a little.... We were so metal lol

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 15:36 Quote
So in-laws won a Samsung 60 inch smart LED t.v. last night and gave it to us for all the help my wife has provided when the father-in-law had his stroke.

So after 12 years I get to watch a tv in hd .

Ill get watch my Mapleleafs hopefully kick the senators ass! Holy f*ck it's so clear. Lol. Just need a sound bar and sub and stand. So free tv will cost me 500 but hey.

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 16:19 Quote
husstler wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
4XL? Thats some Shane Carwin shit right there! Please take photos and release me from this big hands fantasy

Loopie is for sure going to Google image that one ...

Big hands are no laughing matter Sir!
Think of all the girls that never got to experience the gentle progression of ThisLittlePiggy up to the Whole Hog

...plus...

If you ate this with huge hands...would it be called Pound Cake?

photo

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 16:23 Quote
We need to get you a censor. Someone who checks your posts before you hit submit. But that would be no fun so as your were.

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 16:25 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
We need to get you a censor. Someone who checks your posts before you hit submit. But that would be no fun so as your were.

One of the edgier ones for sure...I thought about it....LOL

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 16:39 Quote
For half a millisecond...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.045999
Mobile Version of Website