Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 11:26 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Didnt they tell you you had hernia, cut you open and give it a whoopsie daisy, no hernia? I might be upset a little.... Did you send the doctor to the dentist Smile

No dentist but Im done with them for a while. We are again tal;king abotu heading down to Bellingham or someplace similar in march Sterling.. If Im in ok enough physical shape and I can get my shit together (which are not easy tasks).

Kid story

We have a troubled kid that has moved into the neighborhood. Nice enough but has stories about how he was forced to eat 5 jalipinos because he was caught lying by his grandmother. Im not sure it is true as this kid lies but I still take him in a feed him almost every weekend as he is/was friend with my oldest.

The last couple of weeks though he has been getting a little strange. Creating drama with his mom and her calling me about things like he is being left out of things here (even i fed him lunch almost every weekend day for the last month and he is at my house at 9 am weekends and 7:10 week days and i paid for swimming for him couple of weekends) he is a strange kid who got suspended from his last school for punching a supposedly friend.

A couple of days ago they are walking up from the bus and my oldest must of irritated him somehow as this kid hit my oldest with a bottle and pushed him in the bush. This isnt the first time he has taken a shot at one of the kids either. I have always told my kids you fight it better be worth it as you are going to get into trouble and they have never been in a fight. My younger who is probably 20 lbs lighter grabs this kid and uses ju jitsu to put him down and uses just enough force to get this kid to apoligise and then puts him on notice he wont be hitting either of them again. He used just enough force to get his attention, According to the other kids in the neighborhood he was cool as a cucumber. No fight... just defused the situation. When he was telling me the story he says 'Hes so much bigger but I think he's scared of me dad'

of course i got a phone call later from the others mom saying my kids are picking on hers and she told her's to defend himself next time. I just told mine to stay away from him.

Does he live with his parents or his grandparents? Any chance of abuse by either the parents or g-parents?

Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 11:29 Quote
VJ... glad that your boy stepped up for his bro. When we were young (100 years ago) if you talked shit or acted like a donkey, someone sorted you out. Not always with the fist but a solid body check or a good old take down. That sort of thing rarely happens anymore and so many kids (and adults) just run their mouth with zero consequences. I am not saying that I would like to see a bunch of kids beating the shit out of each other...but I am sure there would be a different vibe if kids/teens had a few more consequences for their behaviour.

Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 11:37 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Didnt they tell you you had hernia, cut you open and give it a whoopsie daisy, no hernia? I might be upset a little.... Did you send the doctor to the dentist Smile

No dentist but Im done with them for a while. We are again tal;king abotu heading down to Bellingham or someplace similar in march Sterling.. If Im in ok enough physical shape and I can get my shit together (which are not easy tasks).

Kid story

We have a troubled kid that has moved into the neighborhood. Nice enough but has stories about how he was forced to eat 5 jalipinos because he was caught lying by his grandmother. Im not sure it is true as this kid lies but I still take him in a feed him almost every weekend as he is/was friend with my oldest.

The last couple of weeks though he has been getting a little strange. Creating drama with his mom and her calling me about things like he is being left out of things here (even i fed him lunch almost every weekend day for the last month and he is at my house at 9 am weekends and 7:10 week days and i paid for swimming for him couple of weekends) he is a strange kid who got suspended from his last school for punching a supposedly friend.

A couple of days ago they are walking up from the bus and my oldest must of irritated him somehow as this kid hit my oldest with a bottle and pushed him in the bush. This isnt the first time he has taken a shot at one of the kids either. I have always told my kids you fight it better be worth it as you are going to get into trouble and they have never been in a fight. My younger who is probably 20 lbs lighter grabs this kid and uses ju jitsu to put him down and uses just enough force to get this kid to apoligise and then puts him on notice he wont be hitting either of them again. He used just enough force to get his attention, According to the other kids in the neighborhood he was cool as a cucumber. No fight... just defused the situation. When he was telling me the story he says 'Hes so much bigger but I think he's scared of me dad'

of course i got a phone call later from the others mom saying my kids are picking on hers and she told her's to defend himself next time. I just told mine to stay away from him.

That sounds really frustrating Jeff.
Your sons deserve credit for showing that kind of reserve. Are they taking jits classes?

As an outsider to the experience, it sounds like the mom is guilty of enabling her son to behave poorly without consequence, and it is likely the foundation of- by what you said here- his social difficulties. Is she bringing him up herself? This is a significant question in my professional opinion.
If the conversation occurs again, you Might have difficulty providing her with constructive criticism or advice, but it would be kind of you to try to provide it. this kind of behaviour with that kind of parenting sounds like a predictable direction towards a lot of difficulty in life to follow.

Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 14:04 Quote
Well handled. Kid probably hasnt had the best guidance

Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 15:01 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

That song by mastodon needs more lyrics. I wanna hear the swamp thing get his revenge and save the hot chick and whatnot.

Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 15:10 Quote
Kid lives with his mom and grandmother. father not really around. I asked her about the jalipinos but she had no comments. I feel for him. I hate to admit that how he is being raised I can relate to and it slightly pisses me off.

Both my boys are in ju jitsu. The youngest did a tourney last summer and came in second in his weight and both want to start tourneys next year.

Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 15:20 Quote
Damn. How old is he? What do you think of a heart to heart with him (assuming you haven't already)?

Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 16:05 Quote
therealtylerdurden wrote:
Damn. How old is he? What do you think of a heart to heart with him (assuming you haven't already)?

About what? Thats kind of the problem with this stuff is that it is his normal. His mom has banned him from hanging with my son . I was going to get him reading with Jake afer this kids report card but we will see what happens from here. There really isnt much you can do except hope that you are doing alright by your own spawn.

He is 10.

Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 16:44 Quote
obee1 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

That song by mastodon needs more lyrics. I wanna hear the swamp thing get his revenge and save the hot chick and whatnot.

Ostracized ...

Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 16:44 Quote
Or is it Ostrich Sized ?

Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 17:58 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:

About what? Thats kind of the problem with this stuff is that it is his normal. His mom has banned him from hanging with my son . I was going to get him reading with Jake afer this kids report card but we will see what happens from here. There really isnt much you can do except hope that you are doing alright by your own spawn.

He is 10.

I guess you have a point. Not all stories have happy endings, eh?

Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 20:56 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
obee1 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Ostracized ...

not in the swamp. swampy can make friends with the gators, the crayfish, the nutria, the frogs. all friendly and delicious.

Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 21:00 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:

He is 10.

sounds like the kids needs a father figure, boundaries and the practical understanding of consequence.
at the very least he needs overnight camps- away from his mom.

jeff, i got a buddy whose kids got into jits early as well. good for you getting them into an intelligent and practical martial art. not that you need any advice, but as a friend, just keep a sharp eye on the arm and leg locks- as kids that young can extend further than they should and its bad for their joints.

Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 21:01 Quote
The nutria lol love that obscure addition ...

So xmas gathering #1 out of the way. Incuding but not limited to, last visit of dying alcoholic uncle and wifes junkie cousin showing up last minute for cash and run after shooting up in the car outside.... Crust. Stay in school kids. And say no to drugs... Or if you say yes.... Do them well and shut'r down.

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 21:34 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
The nutria lol love that obscure addition ...

So xmas gathering #1 out of the way. Incuding but not limited to, last visit of dying alcoholic uncle and wifes junkie cousin showing up last minute for cash and run after shooting up in the car outside.... Crust. Stay in school kids. And say no to drugs... Or if you say yes.... Do them well and shut'r down.

Went searching on the google.... on scale of alrighty then to wtf I give this a full WTF!?!?!?!

[YT=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0msBwUfGjc8]

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.042638
Mobile Version of Website