Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Feb 12, 2018 at 21:11 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
whoadragon wrote:
I no leave this thread.

Maybe that's what happened to BBLB, Gnar and the tattoo guy from day one. ......down the rabbit hole.

Was thinking about this the other day... are they content with no need to come in here and blab about it... or drunk in gutter... or what... kinda like wondering what ever happened to the Ewoks... do they still exist???

Gnar
Sam
Astorms
NATO
SuperG
OceanP Rockdog
Phish
Bblb
Stever
Mcbutters

Miss some of these guys for sure.
Shondo got out of biking because of tinnitus iirc?
Gnar moved to hobbiton I believe
Miss NATO. That f*cking guy was on "drop in". Which is as OG as can be.
Ocean p and rock dog are living right on the BC coast. My wife says they are super happy, and I'm happy for them.
Phish is in.... The loops? Chrisco?
Guzzler was a legit cat too.
Mr. Brett was a good guy too.

But yeah, as for Grover, I'd like to know how he is doing as well. He was a super good guy and a generous person. Seems like he hit some challenges for sure, hopefully that chapter is done for him.

Posted: Feb 12, 2018 at 21:23 Quote
I think it was Phish posting a few mths back about buying property in the Shuswap area?? Salmon Arm?

Posted: Feb 12, 2018 at 21:25 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
Wow, what an accomplishment!! Swimming at a high level is humbling. What's his event? Back? Stroke? Fly? Like a white guy?

Douche....

No soup for you! One year!

Posted: Feb 12, 2018 at 21:27 Quote
Add 420 to the list.... he vanished after loopiefest....

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 6:36 Quote
CJF1972?

I feel like we need to pour a 40 out on the ground or something.

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 6:57 Quote
I can talk to A few of these

GRover went off the rails nd things didn’t work out so well in kelowna town. He was back in Calgary staying with his brother and getting some help.

NATO I should probably check in with but last I talked to him just raising kids making snow boards and long boarding. No bike but he clocked 100 km on his long board.

Gnar just disappeared. I am planning to just show up on his door step one day. Hopefully he hasn’t gone full hill billy.

Phish is living in a log cabin and moved into this area. He came riding with us once and it wasnt a good day so i think it scared him off. but he got a transfer here and just bought a dirt bike.

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 7:13 Quote
I don't know if I ever told you guys how i met Nato. Nato is actually who put me onto this group. but about 7 or 8 years ago on the VRT I posted I was looking for a ride and was going to do this god awful trail here called addiction. This is just big gap and big gap, a wall ride that is missing boards and hip jumps that have no apparent landing. Probably one of the best trails ever made.

So we go to addiction and we are sitting on this bottom and this guys is sitting in what i remember as an old Corolla that has seen better days with a bike hanging out the back of the trunk that looks like it would be safer not to ride it.

Then we got on the trail and I seriously had no idea. He was half the speed and twice the distance. The guy can fly. He made it look so effortlessly that I hit one of the gaps going his speed and almost didnt survive. After that we rode Falkland and Silver star but his bike was just not holding on and unfortunately the next year he only came a couple of times and less from there.

Gnar on the other hand the first time I was to ride with him didnt show up and sent a message he found someplace better to ride but that ok. 2 years later i scratches hi bike with a pedal and he didnt go off on me so we must of been finally friends.

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 7:20 Quote
loopie wrote:
I think it was Phish posting a few mths back about buying property in the Shuswap area?? Salmon Arm?

Yep...phish is good. Up to his neck in snow but loving his new life in BC. Hope to catch up with him soon.

I reached out to gnar a few times and no luck. He was getting tired of the rat race so might be hiding in the bush somewhere. Enjoyed that fella.

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 7:42 Quote
I rode Addiction in the early days before that big ass wallride was built with some Kelowna boys, including Nato. Must’ve been like 2006 or something. VJ you’re 100% right. The dude just seemed to be able to pick his bike up and put it down wherever he wanted. Regardless of what speed he was going. I’d imagine he’s a beast on the snowboard and longboard as well.

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 8:36 Quote
There's a guy out here we ride with who hits jumps at 70% of the speed everyone else does, and just floats as well. Great rider, great air instincts.
I was watching some of the half pipe yesterday and saw these little Japanese cats just f*cking sending it huge. It reminded me of exactly that. Some are born to fly.
But f*ck the Olympics otherwise.

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 10:55 Quote
Nice...I can participate in this story too!
2002 maybe 3....I can't recall if we randomly bumped into each other or met up via Nsmb....I showed a young gun named Romaniuk, & friends...Rosehill Trail (R.I.P.)
Rommi/Nato/Schnepf(sp?) were coming over to rip Rosehill like every other weekend.....
SO.f*ckING.SMOOTH on the jumps and in the air......just watching helped me progress big time!
Finally got over to Kelowna myself to ride an afternoon.....oh boy all that gorgeous butter smooth wood-to-wood stuff!!! (R.I.P. Gillard) ....followed the boys best I could...maxed out at about 15ft true vertical...me, not them
Got to watch the Boys hit the Gillard road gap a bunch of times...train it....Ridiculous Razz Eek Razz ...but so perfect.

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 11:07 Quote
The entire Drop-in Series has been online for quite a while now too eh...in case anyone needed Smile

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 11:21 Quote
Dood the snowboarding is out of control on there.....

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030789
Mobile Version of Website