Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Mar 23, 2018 at 20:41 Quote
[Quote="sterlingmagnum"]Its lazy too....

yeah, thats the outsourcing struggle that i'm referring to.
the thing that sticks in my craw is that skateboarding, whether you like it or not, has one fundamental reality that is obvious to even the stupidest of people- progress takes sacrifice in skateboarding. anyone who can do anything on a skateboard has done it through perseverance and the unwillingness to "stay down", or give up. its a consequence sport/recreation, and you will fall. it builds character, and it takes effort.
even longboarding- but apparently not anymore. these boards are just fancy segue machines(or whatever those f*cking two wheeled loser buggies are called).

f*cking spring break bitches.
and thanks for the slow season introduction. they good.

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 at 20:44 Quote
Phones should default to shoot in landscape mode. You should have to actively override it to shoot in portrait. My wife films in portrait almost 50% of the time, it drives me absolutely crazy.

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 at 21:00 Quote
[Quote="obee1"]
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Its lazy too....

the thing that sticks in my craw is that skateboarding, whether you like it or not, has one fundamental reality that is obvious to even the stupidest of people- progress takes sacrifice in skateboarding. anyone who can do anything on a skateboard has done it through perseverance and the unwillingness to "stay down", or give up. its a consequence sport/recreation, and you will fall. it builds character, and it takes effort.
even longboarding- but apparently not anymore. these boards are just fancy segue machines(or whatever those f*cking two wheeled loser buggies are called).

If I had the money I'd be tempted to strap one of those you fit ems onto a long based pool deck and see how far you could ollie at 30 MPH.... snicker snicker.

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2018 at 21:14 Quote
For getting around I'd be all over an e-longboard... way better than an ebike... easy to throw in the truck or car, take into he office or store. Just compact fast awesome at a decent weight. As far as craft and culture e stuff generally has no soul.

Here's haro's first e-bmx offering
Ok so it's not an e-bmx

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2018 at 7:07 Quote
[Quote="obee1"]
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Its lazy too....

On red bull tv there is a skate vid called pretty sweet. Is a gooder!!!!!!
Gona head to moose today and see if I can burn some saw gas.
Been long time!!!

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2018 at 7:18 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
For getting around I'd be all over an e-longboard... way better than an ebike... easy to throw in the truck or car, take into he office or store. Just compact fast awesome at a decent weight. As far as craft and culture e stuff generally has no soul.

Here's haro's first e-bmx offering
Ok so it's not an e-bmx
Watched the whole thing looking for an e-bmx!

Sick riding though. Damn those drops or hops or whatever to flat with no suspension would destroy my ancient ankles!

Posted: Mar 24, 2018 at 7:23 Quote
In vangroovy to become a better coach. Great course but the weather was brutal. Snow sleet hail rain... I havent been that cold in a long time. Gross.

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2018 at 7:50 Quote
[Quote="jamezyo"]
obee1 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Its lazy too....

Been long time!!!

Can you please post snow conditions? I’m thinking there might be some rideable spots on a fatbike.

Posted: Mar 24, 2018 at 8:04 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
In vangroovy to become a better coach. Great course but the weather was brutal. Snow sleet hail rain... I havent been that cold in a long time. Gross.

Its brutal out deah’

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2018 at 8:11 Quote
[Quote="husstler"]
jamezyo wrote:
obee1 wrote:

Been long time!!!

Can you please post snow conditions? I’m thinking there might be some rideable spots on a fatbike.
Word

Posted: Mar 24, 2018 at 9:48 Quote
just out of curiosity... I know there were a few folks in here willing to give Ol" Trump the benefit of doubt early on.... still think so? or total f*cking train wreck?

my stance stands.... f*cktard.

just curious.... carry on...

Posted: Mar 24, 2018 at 10:15 Quote
Kidlets havew a Jujitsu tourney this afternoon. Wish them luck.

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2018 at 10:31 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
just out of curiosity... I know there were a few folks in here willing to give Ol" Trump the benefit of doubt early on.... still think so? or total f*cking train wreck?

I'm an avoider and would rather avoid talking about anything serious for the rest of my life... trump tactics have been fully learned, practiced and now engrained in my work and community and it's made my life a living hell. I want to run away and become a hermit where I don't have to hear a lie or half truth ever again.

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2018 at 10:42 Quote
Speaking of running away...

These two are tooooooooo freakin awesome!
https://www.gonewiththewynns.com

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2018 at 10:46 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

TFTW

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.218933
Mobile Version of Website