Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: May 20, 2018 at 18:44 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:
I’ll stick to my slinger... never run out of ammo.

They can teach a young lad a hard lesson about the UV breakdown of rubber tubing.... pow right in the eye.
Rubber... I’m talking hemp string with a leather pouch. Old school ancient stuff

lol ... rad. You are kinda like a Neanderthal

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 19:27 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:
I’ll stick to my slinger... never run out of ammo.

They can teach a young lad a hard lesson about the UV breakdown of rubber tubing.... pow right in the eye.
Rubber... I’m talking hemp string with a leather pouch. Old school ancient stuff
Can you get down on one of those? I tried one time, literally sent the stone in the opposite direction I was aiming and figured I should probably have someone show me how to do it before I f*cked something up.

O+
Posted: May 20, 2018 at 19:55 Quote
I’m in the same boat as you! I’ve tried several times and haven’t had good luck. One in 10 makes it to it’s mark. I’m better with a bow and arrow or rifle! Handguns and I don’t get along, I’m a terrible shot!!!

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 21:03 Quote
my cousins had to shoot a shotgun at polar bears more than once, and they might strategically run away, but they come back.
i had to use bear spray in a yukon trip when a griz meandered up behind me while i was pumping water. the sound of the spray and my high pitched effeminate screaming scared him away, and i got the worst of the spray. i woulda preferred a glock, a sig, an AK, HK, the KKK, a slingshot, anything besides that spray. but i suppose it worked.

i've played with slingshots since i was a kid, and i'm a good shot. we have a half dozen of them in the camping trailer, and we setup targets and shoot everytime we camp. its a great time and the kids have a blast. the number of kids asking to try it is only outmatched by the number of parents "concerned" about their precious shooting a "weapon."

O+
Posted: May 20, 2018 at 21:17 Quote
obee1 wrote:
my cousins had to shoot a shotgun at polar bears more than once, and they might strategically run away, but they come back.
i had to use bear spray in a yukon trip when a griz meandered up behind me while i was pumping water. the sound of the spray and my high pitched effeminate screaming scared him away, and i got the worst of the spray. i woulda preferred a glock, a sig, an AK, HK, the KKK, a slingshot, anything besides that spray. but i suppose it worked.

i've played with slingshots since i was a kid, and i'm a good shot. we have a half dozen of them in the camping trailer, and we setup targets and shoot everytime we camp. its a great time and the kids have a blast. the number of kids asking to try it is only outmatched by the number of parents "concerned" about their precious shooting a "weapon."

Maybe the more careful parents would prefer if their kids just rolled the rocks at the cans? Throwing is too violent and aggressive.

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 21:28 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Comparing a compact polymer automatic to a steel framed wheel gun with a 5" barrel is idiotic.

That you think you're gonna hit a charging bear or pig (bullshit on your only round hot enough claim also), let alone do anything but piss it off, with a glock 29 is damn near the funniest thing I've heard all day. After hopefully avoiding putting a round in your thigh as you try to draw condition 0 while in fear for your life, all you're gonna do is get one round in the general direction of the bear and three more in the air before he eats your ass. It's only purpose is impressing yourself because you think you're firing big loads. You'd be better off carrying that vcomp. And if you want the AK47 of sidearms, it's a CZ75... an eastern block piece of shit that just works, not a crappy polymer compact that's picky about ammo and has a tendency to blow up. The Glock 29 is more like the sawed off shotgun of handguns, totally useless except as an ego boost or a rap video prop. I guess it just comes down to whether you carry because you want to play at king of the jungle talking yourself up about taking down bears and charging boar or whether you carry because you want to be prepared to defend your life with effective lethal force and get shots on target.

Approved roster only applies to new purchases through an ffl for civilians... you can private party any off roster sidearm you want provided it meets Cali's draconian regulations in terms of not being an assault weapon, 10 round magazines, no threaded barrel, etc... you just process the transfer through an ffl so they can dros you and verify it's legal and you're good.

No, my friend. I am about as confident hitting an animal from 29 as I was from my 627. And more than from 629 on follow up. And it is the same damn power than a 357mag with modern loads. It works. There is no better semiauto woods carry option right now. If lugging around a bigger gun, better be a revolver.

People who blew up a leaded hex barrel with a badly supported fifth reload in a half blown brass - don't care about them. KKM barrel has far better support, and I only use new factory loads. I reload my .308, but that is mostly for fun.

I never had anything but wheelguns and a target rimfire (Hämmerli. Love this thing) for a long time, later got Beretta. Revolvers are great, but a pain to lug around, was often leaving it behind because of that. Switching to 29 for woods carry was a long, long research, talking to actual users.

After I picked it up, I spent four times its cost on two very full days of training - with an actual expert. And I keep practicing. I ain’t some hot shot, but that’s life, can’t learn everything.

I will go with what he and other taught me, not with random interwebz wisdom. That shit works, sorry it is not poseur compliant.

Searching for private deals because of the f*cking roster is such bollocks. It makes me sad.

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 22:52 Quote
Axxe wrote:
More interwebz “expertise” I see.

No, my friend. I am about as confident hitting an animal from 29 as I was from my 627. And more than from 629 on follow up. That thing kicks. And it is the same damn power than a 357mag with modern loads. It works. There is no better semiauto woods carry option right now. If lugging around a bigger gun, better be a revolver.

People who blew up a leaded hex barrel with a badly supported fifth reload in a half blown brass - don't care about them. KKM barrel has far better support, and I only use new factory loads. I reload my .308, but that is mostly for fun.

I never had anything but wheelguns and a target rimfire (Hämmerli. Love this thing) for a long time, later got Beretta. Those a great, but a pain to lug around, was often leaving it behind because of that. Switching to 29 for woods carry was a long, long research, talking to actual users. After I picked it up, I spent four times its cost on two very full days of training - with an actual expert. And keep practicing. I ain’t some hot shot, but that’s life, can’t learn everything.

I will go with what he and other taught me, not with random interwebz wisdom. That shit works, sorry it is not poseur compliant.

Searching for private deals because of the f*cking roster is such bollocks. It makes me sad.
Two whole days!?!?! Why so much???

lol lol

But you're running your mouth about other people being interwebz experts? Holy shit... was that intentional irony for theatrical effect or are you actually just that stupid?

You go ahead and keep on carrying whatever you want, we all need someone to laugh at when we go the range and Lucien Black videos only stay funny for so long.

It is kinda telling that a super well informed expert like yourself doesn't associate with enough professional shooters that you actually think you need to search for private deals though. At least it's an adorable topper to the rest of the ignorance you've been laying down. Solid work.

Beer

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 22:55 Quote
OMG, an interwebs "expert" talking me down, without actually reading. What I am going to do?

You are full of it and you don't know what you are talking about. Keep you gilded 1911 on display, chicks dig it I have heard.

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 22:56 Quote
Alright you two.... 20 paces! lol

But maybe with those string sacks things... that way no one gets hurt.

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 23:02 Quote
obee1 wrote:

Best bear spray video ever was chick with the kayak and the horrific voice...

Honestly, you're pretty well f*cked regardless of what you're packing if a bear is pissed off and looking to tear into you. Outside of a few very large rifle calibers, nothing is stopping a bear before it tears into your ass. You're basically just hoping you make him reconsider.

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 23:03 Quote
Axxe wrote:
OMG, an interwebs "expert" talking me down, without actually reading. What I am going to do?

You are full of it and you don't know what you are talking about. Keep you gilded 1911 on display, chicks dig it I have heard.
Can you tell me more about your two days of in depth training? Or is like classified or something?

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 23:06 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Alright you two.... 20 paces! lol

But maybe with those string sacks things... that way no one gets hurt.
I don't what you're on about... I almost took off my own head with that thing, those things are deadly.

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 23:10 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Nerf then.
For his last birthday, my godson did a huge nerf war... it was awesome... I got him this bad as double barreled dual magazine monstrosity that was just puking out nerf darts. That shit has come a long way.

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 23:21 Quote
Their pretty awesome. The cousins have those things, their like 5’ long lol We just keep loosing the bullets... good thing too, my kids starting laying in wait like Kato from the Pink Panther movies. Poppin me in the face & ass every time I came around a corner.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.040652
Mobile Version of Website