Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: May 20, 2018 at 23:48 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Axxe wrote:
OMG, an interwebs "expert" talking me down, without actually reading. What I am going to do?

You are full of it and you don't know what you are talking about. Keep you gilded 1911 on display, chicks dig it I have heard.
Can you tell me more about your two days of in depth training? Or is like classified or something?

Can you read the part about keeping practicing? No?

The class I took was to get familiar with a new gun of a new kind - for me. It was at Reed's range. http://www.reedsindoorrange.com/training.html It was a lot of useful information, and a lot of good pointers on how to keep practicing. I would recommend that to anybody. Though it does not deal with hunting situations. For that, I listen to guides I have hired or met and other actually experienced folks.

Frankly, I am not inclined by now to have a serious conversation with you. You have proven that you are just spouting things your have heard on forums with a thick coat of smug. Not entertaining.

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 3:17 Quote
Like BBLB said...... if a cougar or bear wants to eat you your f*cked I'd think. But I am going down swinging .

Or could do like in the " up the creek " movie.

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 3:32 Quote
Like BBLB said...... if a cougar or bear wants to eat you your f*cked I'd think. But I am going down swinging .

Or could do like in the " up the creek " movie.

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 3:58 Quote
Pissed pussy

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZJEFwnlTVf/

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 5:35 Quote
Almost 10yrs ago now...young guy hitch hiking down from SunPeaks...notices a cougar following/stalking him...he keeps walking, cougar keeps following. He starts throwing rocks at it...keeps following. Figures maybe a quick run would put some distance between'em......bad call. Cougar immediately charged him and jumped on....Dude had a decent rock in his hand and beat the cougar about the head...it did go away. Somewhat minor injuries as I recall.

Slingbows are sweet....I think I showed you guys the ghetto-fab one I made one of my Brothers a while back. It's all about matching the band strength to the pull distance...as the arrow length determines max pull

O+
Posted: May 21, 2018 at 7:39 Quote
Loopie!!! Big hugs !!! Poor puppers!

O+
Posted: May 21, 2018 at 7:48 Quote
Ok MT7 is completely f*cked and f*ck the golden mountain bike club.
My girl and I dropped into 10k and rode the steeps to Eric’s trail the f*ck me if there wasn’t blow down after nearly impassable blow down.
Each one of their trail markers had now warning of a impassable trail.
So for 3-4 km I had to carry two DH bike plus scout out way through the nightmare of a mess.
There were closure signs up for some stupid flow trail they are trying to build , to keep people off the fresh work. But the main trail at trail head had no indication that the trail was so f*cked!
Oh and I was told by some f*ck head kids that 10k was rideable !!! And they claimed to be builders on the mountain.
I was looking for those little pukes after the 3 hour hike out of that trail.
I was gona burn that whole mountain to the ground!!!
f*cking joke of a bike club!!!
First camp trip with the baby was a blast though. Grammy and grandpa joined up out here with the rest of the uriedog/caravan crew.

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 8:31 Quote
Thx Tops and James.

Sorry to hear about the blowdown........especially being told it was clear....f*ck eh

O+
Posted: May 21, 2018 at 8:51 Quote
Sun peaks was a big deal when it was new. The big talk in Whistler. Some even moved out there, but they are back now.

I've skied there once. At the time, there was one big lift that went top to bottom and several smaller lifts up top. The top ones were closed for maintenance - this is during Christmas Holidays. The snow did not go all the way to the bottom. So you would take the chair up, ski down to the end of the snow and walk 45 minutes down to the lift. And repeat. And they charged large for that.

Some of us were ski patrol at the time and entitled to a discount, but we all paid full price and had 4 or 5 shitty runs that day. Sun peaks can keep it.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2018 at 8:53 Quote
Oh, and I'm a f*cking poser who knows nothing about bikes or bike parts. It's opening weekend at WBP! And our pub is polluted with out of towners who know everything about it.

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 8:59 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
Oh, and I'm a f*cking poser who knows nothing about bikes or bike parts. It's opening weekend at WBP! And our pub is polluted with out of towners who know everything about it.

Stand back, drink beer & watch it all unfold

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 8:59 Quote
SunPeaks 30+ years ago??? Yeah, the bottom of the Burfield wasn't and still isn't the best part up there.
It's kinda changed since then eh....lol

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 9:04 Quote
Getting out on that Chromag much levers?

How bout you loops, get all your parts dialled & fitted?

O+
Posted: May 21, 2018 at 9:05 Quote
I am very entertained. As are my riding buddies. We like to see how far down their throat they can get that foot.

Chromag has been ridden a bunch. At first with a bunch of weird test parts, but on Friday I took her for a real ride in finished state and was impressed. I think that I'm gonna like it. My first ride was a steeps test and the grip is insane. The point at which I need to let go of the brakes and shoot the chute is way farther down the rock than with the old steed. Which allows me to shoot the chute on a HT without blowing up.

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 9:05 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
I am very entertained. As are my riding buddies. We like to see how far down their throat they can get that foot.

lol tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.042857
Mobile Version of Website