Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 20:05 Quote
Obee I just hope I don't see any sketches of it lol

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 20:51 Quote
love that Cramps clip Chef.... Cant think of a better suited venue for them. Used to really dig on some bad music for bad people.

anyone else have one pair of shoes that stands out from the rest by smelling oddly good and bad at the same time.... distinctly of buttered movie popcorn?

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 4:18 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

anyone else have one pair of shoes that stands out from the rest by smelling oddly good and bad at the same time.... distinctly of buttered movie popcorn?

Me work boots. One mill I stop at daily only processes cedar. It's lovely.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 4:20 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
loopie wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:

Watch out for heelie....

Hee the worst.
Last I heard tho he was admiring another mans sausage and showing it to all his friends.

????

Nuttin' But Love For The Heelie - Dee Mcee and the Bugzies (Heavy-D cover band)

photo

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 7:28 Quote
loopie wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

No shoe smells but my ball hockey gloves have a distinct order that’s not necessarily completely unpleasant to me. The wife always says “Uggg, those stink.”
I just tell her “That’s the smell of good times Dawn, the smell of good times.”

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 7:50 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:
The wife and I are doing some hiking this summer with a 7 day being the biggest adventure. We are trying to figure out what makes most sense for photos. Our two options are use the smart phones and get a solar charger or buy a small weather resistant point and shoot.

Here's where you guys come in. I would like to get some beta on light weight solar chargers and/or small point and shoot weather resistant point/shoot cameras. I am learning toward the solar charger as we would probably use it after the summer where the point and shoot will end up with my kids. Thanks.

https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/topics/camping-and-hiking/best-solar-charger?specs=n&n=0&sort_field=#compare

I know that this may sound weird, but consider taking nothing of the sort. The last time that I backpacked was before mountain biking entered my world - 70's basically. I did have a flashlight which used batteries, but other than that, no electricity at all. I never thought of bringing a camera, that space/weight in the pack could mean a few more days of food.

7 days is enough time that you will, for lack of a better word, find peace. Real peace. When you get back to civilization, people will be talking too loud and too fast, cars will be going by at unfathomable speeds, and you will know that you have truly unwound and calmed down. If I still did a few trips a year, there would be one that was unplugged. If I only did one, it would be sans appliances.

The reset is the point for sure lever. Its been years since I stepped off the grid for that length of time. I totally feel you on the no appliance program but as a parent, I just can't do it. I also like photos of cool places so I need a camera.

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 8:19 Quote
Disconnecting from news and social media is a wonderful thing Beer

That said, the camera has connected me with my surroundings in ways that wouldn't have come about without it. Waterfall hunting, seeking out glacial seracs, nights out under the stars, milky way, aurora, sunset rides for that vibrant evening light. If not for the camera pushing me to explore beyond the beaten path, I'd probably have a far more beige life Camera

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 8:25 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
Disconnecting from news and social media is a wonderful thing Beer

That said, the camera has connected me with my surroundings in ways that wouldn't have come about without it. Waterfall hunting, seeking out glacial seracs, nights out under the stars, milky way, aurora, sunset rides for that vibrant evening light. If not for the camera pushing me to explore beyond the beaten path, I'd probably have a far more beige life Camera

Wonderfull... it pleases the rest of us as well Salute

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 8:26 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
loopie wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

No shoe smells but my ball hockey gloves have a distinct order that’s not necessarily completely unpleasant to me. The wife always says “Uggg, those stink.”
I just tell her “That’s the smell of good times Dawn, the smell of good times.”

Nice

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 8:35 Quote
http://digg.com/video/tug-of-war-lion-zoo

FFS, three big dudes cant budge one avg sized lion. one human would be so fufufufuf*cked if they had to fight a mtn lion or a bear.

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 8:41 Quote
Bridge building on nwj
  Bridge building on nwj
My buddy Simon has milled all the cedar for the bridges we built
New bridges on nwj
  New bridges on nwj
Last bridge on nwj
  Last bridge on nwj

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 8:54 Quote
d-man wrote:
Bridge building on nwj
  Bridge building on nwj
My buddy Simon has milled all the cedar for the bridges we built
New bridges on nwj
  New bridges on nwj
Last bridge on nwj
  Last bridge on nwj

Awesome wood work right there. Thumbs up.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 9:05 Quote
obee1 wrote:
http://digg.com/video/tug-of-war-lion-zoo

FFS, three big dudes cant budge one avg sized lion. one human would be so fufufufuf*cked if they had to fight a mtn lion or a bear.

Humans had been taking on bears with nothIng more than a sharpened stick for centuries. Not the city dwellers, obviously.

Prime apes are all strong, aggressive, and smart. Even humans.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.046855
Mobile Version of Website