Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 9:32 Quote
Axxe wrote:
obee1 wrote:
http://digg.com/video/tug-of-war-lion-zoo

FFS, three big dudes cant budge one avg sized lion. one human would be so fufufufuf*cked if they had to fight a mtn lion or a bear.

Humans had been taking on bears with nothIng more than a sharpened stick for centuries. Not the city dwellers, obviously.

Prime apes are all strong, aggressive, and smart. Even humans.

when was the last time you were within ten feet of a bear in the wild? because i got a lot of times that i've been within the distance of a bear that, if they so chose to f*ck me up, i'm f*cked. and all the pointy sticks lying around me wouldn't have done shit. but i likely fall under your city dweller slight. but its good to have confidence, good luck with that.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 9:36 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
I'd probably have a far more beige life

I think this is the anti-beige crew, in here.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 9:46 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
nwj... nut wart j!zz Very confused
Lol, no way Jose...
Jose is a Chilean import who put an old outfitters trail together for the last year's Enduro and was tagged NWJ.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 9:50 Quote
obee1 wrote:
Axxe wrote:
obee1 wrote:

FFS, three big dudes cant budge one avg sized lion. one human would be so fufufufuf*cked if they had to fight a mtn lion or a bear.

Humans had been taking on bears with nothIng more than a sharpened stick for centuries. Not the city dwellers, obviously.

Prime apes are all strong, aggressive, and smart. Even humans.

when was the last time you were within ten feet of a bear in the wild? because i got a lot of times that i've been within the distance of a bear that, if they so chose to f*ck me up, i'm f*cked. and all the pointy sticks lying around me wouldn't have done shit. but i likely fall under your city dweller slight. but its good to have confidence, good luck with that.

Last time I was within ten feet of a black bear in the wild was last summer. Whiskeytown area. It run away. So did I. But I am a city dweller. Yes, if it decided to attack and I could not use pepper spray, I would have been f*cked in seconds. But such cases are exceedingly rare.

That people hunted brown bears with sticks is a fact. Obviously we are not as strong. But nobody said it should be a fair fight.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 9:59 Quote
husstler wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:
I'd probably have a far more beige life

I think this is the anti-beige crew, in here.

Ahhhhh man... I invented beige Cry

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 10:22 Quote
black/brown bears are usually fine and they run off but occasionally you come across one that doesnt run away and are hoping they are just lazy/socialized. These are the ones that bother me especially towards the end of a long descent with no alternate routes and have to come a little closer than you would like.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 10:42 Quote
How do you catch a fish without a fishing rod?

With your BEAR hands.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 11:31 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
love that Cramps clip Chef.... Cant think of a better suited venue for them. Used to really dig on some bad music for bad people.

anyone else have one pair of shoes that stands out from the rest by smelling oddly good and bad at the same time.... distinctly of buttered movie popcorn?
No movie popcorn but I have an old pair of roper boots that have the most oddly great smell of leather and foot sweat.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 11:37 Quote
obee1 wrote:

Lions are unbelievably strong... shit, even just dogs are crazy powerful. The average man couldn't successfully play tug of war with a 120lb dog let alone a 300-400lb lion.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 11:40 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
black/brown bears are usually fine and they run off but occasionally you come across one that doesnt run away and are hoping they are just lazy/socialized. These are the ones that bother me especially towards the end of a long descent with no alternate routes and have to come a little closer than you would like.
Brown/Grizzly bears will either try to kill you when they see you or they're pretty chill and not worth worrying about.

Black bears are f*cking crazy and will go from wanting to play fetch to wanting to eat you for no damn reason at all, at any moment.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 12:04 Quote
Yep. I get it Crisco. I has no such responsibility as kids. I did not even mean unplugging from social media - we did not have that the last time I went back packing. The telephone was attached to the inside of the house by a wire.

I remember coming out of the bush at the highway in Manning park after 13 days hiking up from Stehikan or something and the cars on the highway were actually frightening. Too loud, too fast, too many.

You get to know about peace and quiet and calm and slow. Everybody should have that sometimes.

If possible, you should take the kids on a trip like that sometime, Crisco. That's how my parents dealt with that. They took us along. I was 8 or something on my first multi day hike.

My brother hated it all. And later became a kick ass snow boarder, climber, mountainbiker and all around mountain man. So even if the kids protest, just drag them and tell them it builds character.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 12:25 Quote
Just reading the front page article on trail access in Marin County. Here is a question for Charley: When was repack? I mean, what year did it all start? Here in Canada land, in the east end of North Vancouver, they started riding on trails on modded up road bikes in 1976. The first dirt jumps in the woods for BMX were even earlier than that.

I have a theory that when something is ripe to happen, it can happen in many places, almost simultaneously.

I'm going to be visiting the museum and hall of fame this September. If the dicks at customs let me into my country.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 12:42 Quote
Trail access in Marin county? No such thing. Liberals hate freedoms.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 12:43 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
obee1 wrote:

Lions are unbelievably strong... shit, even just dogs are crazy powerful. The average man couldn't successfully play tug of war with a 120lb dog let alone a 300-400lb lion.

My friend has a Boerboel, his name is Bear, I am a lump, he would dispatch me in seconds with ease - the only dog I have ever encountered where I know he is the boss, no doubt. He is my friend & a f*cking diamond

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 14:19 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
obee1 wrote:

My friend has a Boerboel, his name is Bear, I am a lump, he would dispatch me in seconds with ease - the only dog I have ever encountered where I know he is the boss, no doubt. He is my friend & a f*cking diamond
Gorgeous dogs... and they can be 200+ lbs!

I love all molossers really but i badly want a cane corso for my next pup.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.035760
Mobile Version of Website