Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 19:25 Quote
30min ago....from my front yard....
Bulk of the threat seems to have passed.....full air support has been on it for a few now...

photo

Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 19:45 Quote
Me place is just off screen bottom left

photo

Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 19:55 Quote
t3rry wrote:
Thinking of selling my full suspension am and DJ bikes and getting an am hardtail. I have no interest in riding my commencal, maybe reconnecting with the trail on a ht might bring some of that interest back. Top Norco torrent looks pretty nice.

Rad.... so many good options out there now. Get into it and pick a winner! Torrent looks sick but definitely look into Steel tup

Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 19:56 Quote
Damn loopie.... hope allz good

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 20:12 Quote
loopie wrote:

photo

Stop burning stuff on the BBQ!!!

Kidding aside hope all is safe... fires in August are understandable... these spring dry tinder blazes are scary af!

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 20:15 Quote
t3rry wrote:
d-man wrote:
t3rry wrote:
Thinking of selling my full suspension am and DJ bikes and getting an am hardtail. I have no interest in riding my commencal, maybe reconnecting with the trail on a ht might bring some of that interest back. Top Norco torrent looks pretty nice.

Have you thought about giving bmx a go since you're in the city? It's great way to get your fitness and skills back, also cheap.

I do like the looks of the new hard trails.

I do have a bmx, always preferred the DJ bike though. It’s not even so much about skills so much I don’t think. My commencal just feels sluggish and isn’t playful if it isn’t pointed down a hill, and the DJ bike isn’t ideal for longer rides. Neither are inspiring to go take for a pretty flatland trail ride, which is pretty much all that’s here. Wondering if a happy medium between the two would just be the better option. New bike stoke wouldn’t be too harmful either

Also anyone use spank vibracore? Looking for Dh bike.

Gotcha, I bought a xc hardtail when I was working in Lac La Biche for pretty much the same reason.

Mod
Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 20:18 Quote
d-man wrote:
t3rry wrote:
d-man wrote:

Have you thought about giving bmx a go since you're in the city? It's great way to get your fitness and skills back, also cheap.

I do like the looks of the new hard trails.

I do have a bmx, always preferred the DJ bike though. It’s not even so much about skills so much I don’t think. My commencal just feels sluggish and isn’t playful if it isn’t pointed down a hill, and the DJ bike isn’t ideal for longer rides. Neither are inspiring to go take for a pretty flatland trail ride, which is pretty much all that’s here. Wondering if a happy medium between the two would just be the better option. New bike stoke wouldn’t be too harmful either

Also anyone use spank vibracore? Looking for Dh bike.

Gotcha, I bought a xc hardtail when I was working in Lac La Biche for pretty much the same reason.

I also have an ss rigid xc and I pulled it out a while back with intentions of modernizing it and the head tube had cracked while in storage. Not super impressed, but the other parts went to good use.

I have too much bike stuff :/ pretty sure the fiancé was thrilled when I first moved in and filled a 1/4 the basement with bikes and parts and tools

Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 21:01 Quote
loopie wrote:

photo

fufufuf*ck is that close. having said that, pretty beautiful land otherwise.

happy summer solstice you pagan bastards.

Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 21:30 Quote
Solstice already?....uhg…. yard work all day... too many legal backpain smokables...then this …

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 22:36 Quote
Saw a random grass fire starting here today too. It’s some freaky shit out there right now with how dry everything seems to be.

Stay safe Loopie, you sick bastard google abuser.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 5:18 Quote
Shits loaded!!!! Star here we come!!!!

Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 6:40 Quote
the best dub album in the world?

im just gonna leave this right here...

Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 6:48 Quote
ha! yeah funny title. but it was chill... I like the moon one.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 6:58 Quote
Have you listened to their other stuff? Radiodread is rad!

Have fun at Silver Star all! Must be Bike Park Weekend in the PNW/BC... Stevens Pass in the Seattle area opens today, sadly work decided a tasting with the ownership group and the C's was more important. I guess the good news is that I get to close out a ton of projects today that will free me up this summer!

Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 7:09 Quote
[Quote="bkchef2000"]Have you listened to their other stuff? Radiodread is rad!

100% agreed. Radiodread is like being able to listen to the genius that is Radiohead, without the depression that usually follows listening to their albums. their Beatles cover is good too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.040912
Mobile Version of Website