Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 14:50 Quote
giant dream catcher is a nice touch

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 19:24 Quote
d-man wrote:
Night rider all the way. By quality products once, same for tools.

Heard that, Japanese knives vs. wustof..
.. I ended up with two different setups. Light and motion urban 900 for my helmet and the Ravemen pr1200 after reading all the reviews I could. The price tag on both was too good...

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 7:20 Quote
If zink and levy were politicians, fox and cnn would be freakin lit up right now... mj popcorn meme seems appropriate... tyson kiss meme seems unlikely...

people always talk about how awesome the bike community is lol

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 7:28 Quote
Levy does seem to be a "Douche Canoe." I would rather head to Reno/Tahoe over Las Vegas any day of the week. Meth Capital of the US? He clearly hasn't been to Granite Falls, WA or Downtown Seattle... Captain Downduro can suck it... That said, not surprised Interbike is going away. Back in the 90's and early 2000's it was a great source of innovation and tech. With the internet and sites like this one getting early access to bikes and brands doing amazing showcases on their own, it is unnecessary to have a showcase.

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 7:43 Quote
I really love vegas... from the rock climbing in red rock canyon... mountain biking at charlston and bootleg... the bargain shopping... the weather... vegas is tons of fun... never been to reno but I bet all the same things could be said.

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 8:41 Quote
Has everyone lost their sense of humor? lol I think he's great. Been liking the reviews of late... that said...

Show and Smell...

This is something I have wanted to do for a long time but was sort of intimidated by the notion of delving into a style that has such rich history (that I can not share heritage) Much respect for the Native American or First nation artwork and imagery. I have always been in awe of its character. That said I have wanted to adapt it for a mountain biker in a PNW NA theme for a bit. Last night I said f*ck it and drew something up. I tried to keep in line with the traditional shapes and styles of some of the more recognizable pieces I have seen while incorporating in, Goggles, Helmet venting, of course a handlebar mustache and tried to give it the notion of a jockey wheel.... Not sure how everyone will feel about this attempt but for now I like it. hope you do as well...

And a new design for our local shreddering hole...pulled the trigger on a screen for this yesterday to try and bail out the sinking ship

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 8:50 Quote
Both of these drawings I would purchase. I really like them. It would be interesting to do some color on that jockey wheel one, knowing that screen printing two colors is tough... but adding traditional colors would be rad. i could totally see the reds and turquoise in there.

and my favorite BLC shirt had an accident, fork oil spillage on it... Need to see about getting a new one! it was the tan one from Leavenworth... I loved that shirt, it was honestly my favorite with all the different pieces on it, including the big WTH Unicorn on the ass!!!

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 8:54 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
Both of these drawings I would purchase. I really like them. It would be interesting to do some color on that jockey wheel one, knowing that screen printing two colors is tough... but adding traditional colors would be rad. i could totally see the reds and turquoise in there.

and my favorite BLC shirt had an accident, fork oil spillage on it... Need to see about getting a new one! it was the tan one from Leavenworth... I loved that shirt, it was honestly my favorite with all the different pieces on it, including the big WTH Unicorn on the ass!!!

yes the red is missing for sure.... alas... I has to keep it simple as you pointed out...

Lucky for you I have two of those gargantuan tan shirts with multi prints! slightly different albeit however, its yours my man. I'll fancy it up a little more for you... perhaps throw the new Galby design on it when I have my hands on the screen next week? ooo lah lah…

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 9:18 Quote
Oh baby! Christmas comes early!!!!
I wore that shirt to work once, got a few sideways looks... don’t care, love it! Fork oil added character...

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 9:54 Quote
I am rocking deer head guy today!! BLC 4 lyfe!!

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 10:20 Quote
Shred....Ford Escape would make a great street legal bush buggy. I dunno if you've got enough red neck in ya to pull it off right tho Wink Wink Razz lol

Classic internet pic MtnMan...and ya'll know I love it!

Killin' it with the arts Ster.

Such a random find... this whole vid is Kamloops area...first 5min is in the Offroad park just behind the house...

random #2
Remember that tall dread lock rock scaler dude from Highway Thru Hell?(he still does that, see him north of here every spring working the bluffs near McLure)...he owns that classic wrecker yard out at Tappen(Salmon Arm)
https://www.history.ca/video/introductions/video.html?v=1375978563940&p=1&s=da#video

chillin

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 10:39 Quote
As a kid I wanted two stupid things really bad and walked by the moto shop in Fernie pretty much every day drooling over them... one day I went to the bank to take all my money out and buy the used odyssey that was at the shop... but when you're 10years old they make your parents sign... stupid rules!

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 10:41 Quote
Show and Smell...

This is something I have wanted to do for a long time but was sort of intimidated by the notion of delving into a style that has such rich history (that I can not share heritage) Much respect for the Native American or First nation artwork and imagery. I have always been in awe of its character.

you don't need to share the heritage to express the appreciation by producing your own artistic reflections of that style.
the notion of "cultural appropriation" is just one more virute signalling platform used by people like the PETA douchebags in an effort to assume the role of moral authority.
f*ck them right in the eyesockets.
seriously.
its only and always people who don't art who pipe up with shit like cultural appropriation. when i was on Haida Gwaii the totem pole carvers and artists i befriended were genuinely appreciative of my efforts and interest, and supported my own work that showcased/ reflected the Haida culture/style of art. Every art genre ive researched has connections to cultures and history that pre dates their own.

Haida designed leather quiver

Recent work. Red cedar bowl. Wood given to me in haida gwaii so design seems appropriate. It s big like 22 inches in diameter I think.

hell, the wood from this bowl came from Haida artist Garner Moody's scrap pile. he was carving a massive totem pole and gave me the wood. actually we traded it for booze- the irony of which did cause for considerable chortling.

Woodcarving just finished.

new stuff i ve made

and i've got a ton more. i'm one helluva cultural thief. and i'm white, male, straight, yes straight!, meat eater, misogynist. shameful really.

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 10:54 Quote
Oh yeah MtnMan...we on the same pg.
Hilarious to me that so many dudes spend the big bucks on a big keep up with the jones dirtbike then spend more money and time modifying it, taming it, for legit bush riding...and even then, it's still too much bike for that...lol

Obee......f*ck man... Cool
...and Appropriation, yeah, lol...making knock offs for profit is one thing...the rest is not.
SJW's are starting to piss off people who previously ignored them...the future shall tell eh...

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 11:22 Quote
Straight, right, right. That's what all the Art teachers say! We all know you're here for the dudes in spandex!!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.039110
Mobile Version of Website