Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 9:45 Quote
Is The Purge legal yet?
Now?
How 'bout now...??

Come on already...the urge to thin the herd is getting unbearable.

O+
Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 9:45 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:
You all is fussy... based on the size, weight, squish requirements you all have I think it's only fair that you all post pics of your wives lol lol lol

I've been thinking about trying online dating - kinda crude, but maybe "long, slack, 29 inch diameter, takes 180mm front/rear" is what I should spec for my ideal match...

(P.S. you probably already worked it out but I'm the guy that commented on your Instagram photo the other day that you thought you should know who they were but didn't Wink )

Holy shazbot!!! I was totally thinking grouch man was cosying up and I was looking for the nearest exit Eek Redface

O+
Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 9:51 Quote
Fixed the typo in your advert

OneBanana wrote:
takes 80mm front/rear"

O+
Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 9:56 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I suppose for me it makes sense as I’ll only have one squishy bike for everything including park days....

Minty heres what happened to me going from a patrol 27.5 to the process 9’r

Patrol never felt right out back too soft and dead or too poppy and uncontrollable... felt good enough but something was never right. But that bike was fun to get in the air on... also felt a little stittish in the frame strength dept.

29’r I took out for a demo cause I had sold both bikes to build a honzo. That got held up over seas... first impression was its burly.... and then it peddled way better, descended way better, felt perfect out back with little adjusting and was just as if not more lively going down the jumpy stuff.. there is a trail with multiple gaps I typically steered clear of about half of them. They just never felt like I was going to pull it.... kona, first run effortlessly cleared everything. Just knew I was carrying enough speed and it felt right.... that feeling has not left.

29’r long travel is the shiznitz. And imo kona pretty much nailed it for fun with the short stays and long reach.

Hmmm, I guess I need to ride more bikes this spring. But, I'm pretty comfortable on my Patrol. No problems there. IMO getting the right shock on there is the key on the 16/17 Patrols, especially for guys that weigh over 170 lbs. The stock shock was garbage but the X2 is great. I really want to try a coil on there at some point as well but for now I'm really happy with it. Any issues with larger gaps or bigger stuff in general is with me and not the bike. The reason why I want to go with a park bike is just so that I don't beat the shit out of my Patrol too bad. And if I'm riding in the park I could care less if my bike was 40 lbs. I'm gonna mess up and that thing needs to bail me out.

Shred there's always this:
photo
Pretty steep though. And I'm not taking HA.

Mod
Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 10:04 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
@t3rry @radek how about embed code for FB and IG Salute

Hey, I can’t be certain but I think there is an issue there with privacy settings. When people link videos from fb for example I can’t actually view most of them because I’m not friends or friends of friends or whatever is needed to view if the video is not set to public. Same with Instagram.

Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 10:08 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Anti squat is only an issue when you pedal. As soon as you stop pedaling it has no effect. There is pedal kick back but that is neglegble on most bikes.

If you are looking for a wide open feeling bike I would take a knolly warden out for a spin. They have little to no anti squat.
Knolly Warden is a bike I need to test ride.

O+
Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 10:09 Quote
t3rry wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:

Hey, I can’t be certain but I think there is an issue there with privacy settings. When people link videos from fb for example I can’t actually view most of them because I’m not friends or friends of friends or whatever is needed to view if the video is not set to public. Same with Instagram.

in front page posts... such as the social media roundup it's done...

Obviously we'd all need to be smart enough to make sure any post being shared was public... similar to making certain that our PB vids aren't password protected.

Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 10:22 Quote
How about a 29 er with 180 mills travel front and back with a weight of 34 pounds based on an eight pound frame with a rear air shock.
Minimal platform but not quite DH bike squishy so it can climb .
I have heard you can squeeze a 29 inch wheel into a 27.5 wheel frame.
Any one tried.?
Large round squishy woman need loving too.
But not too heavy .

Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 10:24 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
t3rry wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:

in front page posts... such as the social media roundup it's done...

Obviously we'd all need to be smart enough to make sure any post being shared was public... similar to making certain that our PB vids aren't password protected.
I tried to post a video by copy paste embed.
Didn't work. Could be me.

Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 10:27 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
Fixed the typo in your advert

OneBanana wrote:
takes 80mm front/rear"

Walked into that. But from my limited understanding, there is no necessity for truth in online dating Razz

Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 10:29 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/video/419111/
Does this work?

Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 10:31 Quote
one banana to rule them all...

tag line for your eharmony profile.

O+
Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 10:34 Quote
Pretty sure your last few posts explain why you're not getting along with new bikes Sshredder Geek

O+
Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 10:52 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:

Why do you care about a couple extra LBS on a DH bike?

Especially once you get some DH casing tires on there ...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.041333
Mobile Version of Website