Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 13:27 Quote
He simply vanished.....no cell or online activity...bike shop never saw him again.
My gut feeling was telling me dark things....like maybe caught up in self administered pain killer gone wrong?!?! That fentanyl is getting more than junkies...

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 13:40 Quote
What? Thats f*cking nuts.... Harper didn’t you work with him out in field? Thats f*cked....

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 13:44 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
What? Thats f*cking nuts.... Harper didn’t you work with him out in field? Thats f*cked....

GUT feelings...not tryin' to start a rumour or anything. But he was active enough online up until that day...then nada. No hint anywhere as to why he would have stopped.
had went to the trouble of getting that signage made and apparently had it in his possession....zero follow up.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 13:44 Quote
Yeah I tried reaching out via phone , PM and zilch....

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 13:50 Quote
Any one hear from Grover haven't seen him on here since he was living in his truck.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 14:08 Quote
Nope... same... sent some messages and crickets.....

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 14:16 Quote
Only 'knew' SuperGrover from in this thread. Best I recall is he was going thru a separation or divorce..from Alberta...choosing to live out of his truck in Kelowna and seek work???
Gnar's dream was to escape all electronics.....maybe they eloped to the bushes...

Speaking of thee bush...back out I go with the doggies...but first, gotta stop by the store and find a mini cow bell for the mini beast!...he ain't scaring me again like that....lol

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 14:22 Quote
escape the e-verse? how much is that app?

you doin trail recon, loop?

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 14:25 Quote
loopie wrote:
Only 'knew' SuperGrover from in this thread. Best I recall is he was going thru a separation or divorce..from Alberta...choosing to live out of his truck in Kelowna and seek work???
Gnar's dream was to escape all electronics.....maybe they eloped to the bushes...

Speaking of thee bush...back out I go with the doggies...but first, gotta stop by the store and find a mini cow bell for the mini beast!...he ain't scaring me again like that....lol

We bought bear bells . Put then on her collar. They have them with magnets on the strap so you can turn the bell "off".

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 14:42 Quote
fullbug wrote:

Yessir....nice little mini-loop not far from the house...for me and the dogs. Minimal tool work...rake off the gnarly deadfall/twigs...snap off a few branches to get between a few trees...zero dig. Will start running it as pure loam/duff as possible...if a log can be ridden over...it stays put.
Zone 1 is about 50-60m elevation...15min climb straight up then zig zag down utilizing a bunch of sidehilling to extend mileage. Zone 2 could make it 90-100m elevation total.

whoadragon wrote:

We bought bear bells . Put then on her collar. They have them with magnets on the strap so you can turn the bell "off".

Thx...will look for that option...was expecting to just remove and keep in the glove.grey.poupon.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 15:08 Quote
The ones we got have a strong magnet in the velcro strap.......

I did not realize that they were there........for two years....

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 15:36 Quote
loopie wrote:
fullbug wrote:

Yessir....nice little mini-loop not far from the house...for me and the dogs. Minimal tool work...rake off the gnarly deadfall/twigs...snap off a few branches to get between a few trees...zero dig. Will start running it as pure loam/duff as possible...if a log can be ridden over...it stays put.
Zone 1 is about 50-60m elevation...15min climb straight up then zig zag down utilizing a bunch of sidehilling to extend mileage. Zone 2 could make it 90-100m elevation total.

very nice. enjoy. always cool when the trail just reveals itself and nothing but a quick clear to the goods.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 18:27 Quote
Holy shit... spent the evening at a tiki bar on the beach and some girl f*cking drowned. Had storms today, red flags up on beach (RIP currents and strong winds, no swimming) A couple spring break kids, drinking, boyfriend/girlfriend, daring each other to go out, deeper, deeper... she got dragged out with current, they pulled him out, she's missing, emergency vehicles all down the beach searching.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 18:39 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Speaking of FF carnage... anyone ever hear from 420 of the Rob type? Last I seen or heard from him was the day after Loopies Whipsnake scorpion display... he seemed to have also whipsnaked into a possible collarboner blast or something lame.... anyway... hope hes doing good.

Dude. I havent seen that cat since his otb on harper when you were up here visiting. He picked the worst spot on that track to tomahawk. I pretty much live at the bike ranch every summer and no sign of the guy.

Grover I met once...I remeber his purple rat rack. No sign of him either.

Gnar is off zee grid. I tried reaching out via phone but no dice. I have a feeling that hes ok. The other fellas... not to sure.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 18:48 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Holy shit... spent the evening at a tiki bar on the beach and some girl f*cking drowned. Had storms today, red flags up on beach (RIP currents and strong winds, no swimming) A couple spring break kids, drinking, boyfriend/girlfriend, daring each other to go out, deeper, deeper... she got dragged out with current, they pulled him out, she's missing, emergency vehicles all down the beach searching.

Wow. Sad deal.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.041325
Mobile Version of Website