Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 18:28 Quote
One of my usual Mustangs in the game...plated for Shreddies

Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 19:03 Quote
Ha!
The funny thing is I used to own a black 1992 5.0L just like that one but not the GT model. It was the LX version without the ground... flare?... package. LX hatchback with the straight pipes out the back. Looked meaner in my opinion.
She sure sucked in the Alberta snow and the rust bubbling paint on the fenders and hood got worse as time went on. Lol

Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 19:16 Quote
I'm not a Vette fan but my buddy has one that he's going to restore. I sent him this pic and told him to do this to it:
That thing is bad af.

Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 19:17 Quote
New mid engine corvette is just wrong. No care how fast.

Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 19:56 Quote
Ooo that blue is the color of that mopar today... I tried to phone google... looks like it was probably a 1969 Charger Datona phantom Wing model or a 1970-71 Plymouth Superbird....

If I had money to waste on something ridiculous.... that might be it

Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 20:26 Quote
Bilirubin5 wrote:
whoadragon wrote:
Wife had herniated bowel surgery that went terribly wrong. Shes on the mend now but watching her suffer in the hospital was almost too much to handle.
Heard, felt.

Sadly the shop was not able to fix my KS dropper post. I was complaining it would not pop up all the way. During my time off it has apparently decided to stay fully up all the time. So, $200 to send it to Vancouver to maybe get fixed or $200-500 for a new one for an 11 year old bike? decisions decisions
I just bought a new reverb for $200...

Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 20:40 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Ha!
The funny thing is I used to own a black 1992 5.0L just like that one but not the GT model. It was the LX version without the ground... flare?... package. LX hatchback with the straight pipes out the back. Looked meaner in my opinion.
She sure sucked in the Alberta snow and the rust bubbling paint on the fenders and hood got worse as time went on. Lol

Have had 11 or 12 5.0ltrs...between model yrs '79 and '90...LX's and GT's
Most of them winter driven too actually...always fresh studded rubber and 2 - 2 1/2 sandbags. Not 1. Not 3.....2 - 2 1/2 was the perfect balance.
Very fun drag racing 4by's from the light in snow/ice and hanging door to door with'em Smile
...by the end of the season...3/4's of the studs were ripped out of the rear tires...haha

Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 20:49 Quote
loopie wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
Ha!

Have had 11 or 12 5.0ltrs...between model yrs '79 and '90...LX's and GT's
Most of them winter driven too actually...always fresh studded rubber and 2 - 2 1/2 sandbags. Not 1. Not 3.....2 - 2 1/2 was the perfect balance.
Very fun drag racing 4by's from the light in snow/ice and hanging door to door with'em Smile
...by the end of the season...3/4's of the studs were ripped out of the rear tires...haha

I had a white 84 and the black 92. Three sandbags in the back every winter. lol

Posted: May 1, 2019 at 3:27 Quote
I have the utmost respect for peeps that drive traditional summer cars all year round. There's a guy who drive a classic whale tail 911 in the snow here all the time. He drive the f*ck outa it no matter the season. Shes got lots on pecker marks on her but at least it's no garage queen.

Posted: May 1, 2019 at 7:56 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
I'm not a Vette fan but my buddy has one that he's going to restore. I sent him this pic and told him to do this to it:
That thing is bad af.

Funny, I was just looking at this Chiron- a car I'm not much of a fan of- and the matte/satin blue with black rims and detailing looks good on both. I like the finish but mattes and stains seem to chip really really easily. Which is cool on something ratted out or just badass muscley, but those little dings can be a distraction on a car otherwise.

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 16:20 Quote
Let's talk FOSSIL FEST!

Date: July 26, 27, 28

Whats up?
Are we thinking park days on sat and sun with maybe an eve pedal?

It would be great to have a sort of schedule in place so I can stick handle things around the homestead. Wife has a chance to do something fun with her friends that weekend and I just need to sort out some child care and shit.

Thanks team!

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 16:28 Quote
ok let me ask the commander in chief. Let's get people finally meeting (BBLB are you gone to make the trip?) and share some good times!

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 16:50 Quote
I might actually be able to make it finally!

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 17:00 Quote
Whats up with Friday? Im going to have to jet sun morning for the wifes bday celebrations in Leavenworth.... probably head up Thursday day, camp it...ride somewhere.

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 17:02 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
I might actually be able to make it finally!

This gonna be a shredfest!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.043518
Mobile Version of Website