Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: May 20, 2019 at 14:30 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
I have the Wolftooth light action remote and love it. The one up looks and feels pretty similar but it wasn't out yet when I bought mine. I'm a big fan of the one up stuff I've tried. The PNW remote is another one that I checked out and it seems pretty good as well, however, it seems never be in stock and is $30 CAD more. They've come a long way from the funky Reverb plunger and the ball slicing Race Face remotes that I had before.

Yeah I want to check out a PNW.

O+
Posted: May 20, 2019 at 15:16 Quote
I pedaled up to the snow, (which isn't very far), and it was snowing. It looks like we are getting Junuary again this year.
OneUp remote kicks ass on the Fox version. Bearing action, bigger hardware and better position for hand and knee. Snow hike a bike has further chopped up my shins.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 15:35 Quote
I have two OneUp droppers with stock remotes. They work great but are not pretty looking if that matters.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 15:44 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
I have two OneUp droppers with stock remotes. They work great but are not pretty looking if that matters.

O+
Posted: May 20, 2019 at 16:08 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
I pedaled up to the snow, (which isn't very far), and it was snowing. It looks like we are getting Junuary again this year.
OneUp remote kicks ass on the Fox version. Bearing action, bigger hardware and better position for hand and knee. Snow hike a bike has further chopped up my shins.

How’d you get the long weekend off???

If it keeps the fires away I’m ok with some mixed weather... it’s May and Alberta is already on fire! WTF?!?!?

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 16:32 Quote
Been raining and snowing here too

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 17:12 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Good grief.... dog got me up every 1-2 hours last night... this morning looked to have blood in his squirts.... off to the vet.... wish him luck.

Hoping for the best for your pup...
Same

O+
Posted: May 20, 2019 at 17:56 Quote
I have a transx dropper with the race face lever and quite like the combo really light action and good construction. It was a left over from my race face dropper so bonus usage.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 18:03 Quote
Bilirubin5 wrote:
Hammer48 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Good grief.... dog got me up every 1-2 hours last night... this morning looked to have blood in his squirts.... off to the vet.... wish him luck.

Hoping for the best for your pup...
Same

Thanks... He should be ok. Got himself some sort of bacterial infection... the only stool sample I could get was with a butter knife off some grass (not a lot) .... so they had to send off to lab to see if it had eggs or was multiplying. But for now, he got an appetite shot, diarrhea stoppy goo and antibiotics... he hasn't blown a gasket for a few hours now. But he is one worn out pooch.

O+
Posted: May 20, 2019 at 19:37 Quote
Learning diet and potty techniques from his papa... if it ain’t painful and disgusting coming out it wasn’t worth eating... HA!

You two can lay on the couch trading war stories about who’s shit episode was more spectacular!

O+
Posted: May 20, 2019 at 19:49 Quote
Mt7 was a good ride this weekend. Wife and I dropped in Saturday in the rain... poor girl walked a bit. I however got spit of trail in the steeps into a log and got launched OTb down far enough to bruise my face with my helmet .
Sunday we went up and rode a bit of the moonraker trails . Was a good pedal.
Then went back on 7 In afternoon and had some pinned killer laps.
Head to coast late June then back through the star for fri-sat and maybe Sunday of July long weekend. Anyone gona be there those dates let me know

O+
Posted: May 20, 2019 at 20:12 Quote
We’ll be at silly star for the Canuck long weekend... not going to be able to get there too early on the Friday though so hopefully traffic isn’t total chaos and hopefully there’s some sites left.

Walking on 7 is totally legitimate... not everyone looks sexy with a face bruise!

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 20:21 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
I have a transx dropper with the race face lever and quite like the combo really light action and good construction. It was a left over from my race face dropper so bonus usage.

Same combo

O+
Posted: May 20, 2019 at 20:50 Quote
Mt 7 is serious business. I'd have been walking too...

O+
Posted: May 20, 2019 at 21:09 Quote
Catching up been out camping. Man it was cold.
Sterling, pumpkin is good for dog diarira too.
Lever, holy shit that's nasty.
James, glad your ok. Otb is not a fun kinda crash.
Jake, I saw the mystic truck rolling into town on Friday, Very nice. Sounds like it was a mud fest at Pano.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.047518
Mobile Version of Website