Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Author Message
Posted: May 22, 2019 at 17:36 Quote
I have forwarded message to my boss... waiting to see reaction. Updates to come.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 17:40 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Eek

It's ok...I'm not actually in Tampa. That part's a lie.

Heehee...snicker snicker

Tunes to ease the pain....(still gotta check some you threw up Ster)


Posted: May 22, 2019 at 21:52 Quote
YoJameZ

One of our good friends moved back home to Black Creek a couple years ago...

If you need a free place to park the trailer for a while beside miracle beach I think they’re looking for fresh DNA on his commune (family farm???) and would love to have you (and your swimmers).

Seriously nice folk and would def treat anyone who rolled down the driveway like fam.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 22:10 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
YoJameZ

One of our good friends moved back home to Black Creek a couple years ago...

If you need a free place to park the trailer for a while beside miracle beach I think they’re looking for fresh DNA on his commune (family farm???) and would love to have you (and your swimmers).

Seriously nice folk and would def treat anyone who rolled down the driveway like fam.

So he has to impregnate someone to stay there?!? No wonder it's not advertised on Air BnB.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 22:51 Quote
Snickers...

In all seriousness there’s no funny business out there... 50 yrs ago a family living and working on the land together probably wasn’t as giggle worthy... but in 2019 in the backwoods of BC it’s ripe for the ribbing!

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 6:03 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
Snickers...

In all seriousness there’s no funny business out there... 50 yrs ago a family living and working on the land together probably wasn’t as giggle worthy... but in 2019 in the backwoods of BC it’s ripe for the ribbing!
That’s a rad offer bro, but am not sure about heading that far this year. Might hang back toward the Okanogan. I can alway mail them out a deposit that help thier family grow!! Lol
There’s a lot more to it to reach the end of land In Canada , I think hitting Washington or Oregon is easier to see coastline .
Just for ferry it’s about 400 return for us and rig.
Only staying 4 nights on island. Not much put there for powered sites and lots a booked months in advance .
Need power for the WIGGLES!!!
Do the propeller!!!!!

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 6:32 Quote
You can hit a lot of coast line throughout Washington and Oregon, highly recommend. Lots of driving though, but you will see some amazing stuff. The best part is that you want need to spook and ghosts to visit. Would suggest Klaloch in Washington and Cannon beach in Oregon.

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 6:52 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:
Snickers...

In all seriousness there’s no funny business out there... 50 yrs ago a family living and working on the land together probably wasn’t as giggle worthy... but in 2019 in the backwoods of BC it’s ripe for the ribbing!
That’s a rad offer bro, but am not sure about heading that far this year. Might hang back toward the Okanogan. I can alway mail them out a deposit that help thier family grow!! Lol
There’s a lot more to it to reach the end of land In Canada , I think hitting Washington or Oregon is easier to see coastline .
Just for ferry it’s about 400 return for us and rig.
Only staying 4 nights on island. Not much put there for powered sites and lots a booked months in advance .
Need power for the WIGGLES!!!
Do the propeller!!!!!

The cost of getting too the island and off is why I joke my work colleagues about them living on a penal colony. So how’s life been treating you on the penal colony? Snicker snicker.

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 7:17 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
jamezyo wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:
Snickers...

In all seriousness there’s no funny business out there... 50 yrs ago a family living and working on the land together probably wasn’t as giggle worthy... but in 2019 in the backwoods of BC it’s ripe for the ribbing!
That’s a rad offer bro, but am not sure about heading that far this year. Might hang back toward the Okanogan. I can alway mail them out a deposit that help thier family grow!! Lol
There’s a lot more to it to reach the end of land In Canada , I think hitting Washington or Oregon is easier to see coastline .
Just for ferry it’s about 400 return for us and rig.
Only staying 4 nights on island. Not much put there for powered sites and lots a booked months in advance .
Need power for the WIGGLES!!!
Do the propeller!!!!!

The cost of getting too the island and off is why I joke my work colleagues about them living on a penal colony. So how’s life been treating you on the penal colony? Snicker snicker.

900$ is stupid especially since it is a part of our highway system. They need to unprivatize that system again.

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 8:04 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
YoJameZ

One of our good friends moved back home to Black Creek a couple years ago...

If you need a free place to park the trailer for a while beside miracle beach I think they’re looking for fresh DNA on his commune (family farm???) and would love to have you (and your swimmers).

Seriously nice folk and would def treat anyone who rolled down the driveway like fam.


Black Creek is great! My family spent the last 10 summers there with my folks. Great beach, a few little trails for the kids to ride, close enough to Campbell River. Going to miss it this year as my folks moved back to Kamloops to be around the grand children. I will not miss getting to and from the Island.

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 8:11 Quote
Yeah there is a reason we only get off the island a couple of times a year at most.....

Ferry waits are the worst though if your coming this way make sure and book a reservation especially in the summer.

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 9:36 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
You can hit a lot of coast line throughout Washington and Oregon, highly recommend. Lots of driving though, but you will see some amazing stuff. The best part is that you want need to spook and ghosts to visit. Would suggest Klaloch in Washington and Cannon beach in Oregon.

Is April a good/no-good time of the year for this sort of a trip?

We are thinking about one spring 2020 and that's an area I've always wanted to see.

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 12:33 Quote
Anyone looking to simplify things and drive a shuttle rig for the summer??

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2571485/

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 12:52 Quote
husstler wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:
You can hit a lot of coast line throughout Washington and Oregon, highly recommend. Lots of driving though, but you will see some amazing stuff. The best part is that you want need to spook and ghosts to visit. Would suggest Klaloch in Washington and Cannon beach in Oregon.

Is April a good/no-good time of the year for this sort of a trip?

We are thinking about one spring 2020 and that's an area I've always wanted to see.

Hood River, Black Rock, Sandy, Bend are generally all time in the spring!

I’d bet B-ham Tiger etc are as well but can’t say from experience.

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 13:04 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
husstler wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:
You can hit a lot of coast line throughout Washington and Oregon, highly recommend. Lots of driving though, but you will see some amazing stuff. The best part is that you want need to spook and ghosts to visit. Would suggest Klaloch in Washington and Cannon beach in Oregon.

Is April a good/no-good time of the year for this sort of a trip?

We are thinking about one spring 2020 and that's an area I've always wanted to see.

Hood River, Black Rock, Sandy, Bend are generally all time in the spring!

I’d bet B-ham Tiger etc are as well but can’t say from experience.

Tiger and raging river Are great year round destinations. Both can see snow though in April so it would be important to pay attention to the Evergreen webpage and trail reports.

Beach wise, April is actually pretty good I’ve been to the beach January - February and it’s been awesome. Other times it could be a shit show in terms of weather. I’d still take i i’d still take a rainy day on the coast over a rainy day here..


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030141
Mobile Version of Website