Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Author Message
Posted: May 26, 2019 at 9:05 Quote
Allergies are killing, me first stop of the morning is the walk-in clinic to get antibiotics. Heading to John Wick today as well, should be an interesting finale.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 9:35 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
Cathy Pendrel. Kicking ass for Canada. I think she qualifies for this thread. Emily Batty, who is not nearly old enough to be on here needs to get quite a bit faster to keep up. Yay for fossil power.

Catharine P is pretty fantastic. I work with her organizing a Kid's xc race league here in the Loops. She helps coach, rides with the kids and brings out her Olympic medal for the kids. Awesome to have someone like that in town who wants to work with kids. Catharine is my oldest daughter's hero. Imagine being able to hang with your hero when you were 10? So rad!

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 9:58 Quote
husstler wrote:
d-man wrote:
Wife and I are looking after a single moms kids this weekend. The boys are 4 and 6, holy cow it's a lot of work. Fun though, amazing what they can do with a couple of sticks and rocks. Today I might unlock the toy box....

The mom crashed her moto and ended up with a broken leg, wrist and ribs. Long recovery time ahead.

As an operator of a 5 year old and a 7 month old I can relate.

Getting hurt like that and not being able to do work or dadding is always in the back of my mind. If I'm riding with any of you fellas this summer and you're wondering why I'm riding so conservatively, that's why.

No explanation needed... think the reservation of full send with dad bods is universal.... except Loopie... who is a big fan of scorpion tree mooves...

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 11:18 Quote
On my way out of the house soon but I’ll have to watch the XC racing later.

Feel better sickies.

I’m sore today from doing trail work yesterday. I was working on a climb trail to access the DH goods. Building a climb trail, oh how times have changed. Lol

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 11:40 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
On my way out of the house soon but I’ll have to watch the XC racing later.

Feel better sickies.

I’m sore today from doing trail work yesterday. I was working on a climb trail to access the DH goods. Building a climb trail, oh how times have changed. Lol
My back is still jacked up from putting in a new optional ride around that bypasses a steep section last week. Yep...times have changed for sure. At least you’ll ride your work! I just swore at mine when I rode by it last night!

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 13:11 Quote
good on you D man for helping out with the single mom. she must feel shitty trying to raise two kids and trying to still have her own life. and then to hurt herself like this, hopefully the people around her will support her like you are doing.
too many moms left alone to raise kids and in doing so exhaust themselves and their own interests. shitty.

hey chef gimme a john wick review without spoilers. i love the series but kinda prefer to watch them at home. keanu reeves is so f*cking cool outside of film. he is fast tracking his way towards cult fan favourite up there with the likes of bill murray and frank sinatra.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 14:29 Quote
Wick 3 was good... worthy successor to the first two and sets up nicely for part 4. Berry is good too, not in as much of the film as I expected but does well while she's there.

I think I may have broken my arm... took a clumsy fall a week and a half ago, been sore as f*ck but improving slowly but I can't quite straighten it 100% which has me concerned. Gonna give it another couple weeks and see how it goes but starting to think I'm actually gonna have to go see a doc. f*ck getting old.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 14:42 Quote
obee1 wrote:
good on you D man for helping out with the single mom. she must feel shitty trying to raise two kids and trying to still have her own life. and then to hurt herself like this, hopefully the people around her will support her like you are doing.
too many moms left alone to raise kids and in doing so exhaust themselves and their own interests. shitty.

hey chef gimme a john wick review without spoilers. i love the series but kinda prefer to watch them at home. keanu reeves is so f*cking cool outside of film. he is fast tracking his way towards cult fan favourite up there with the likes of bill murray and frank sinatra.

Leaving the theater I was happy. It was a great roll over from the last movie. Apparently everything occurs in a few weeks time from #1. The action is “slower” with lower body counts than the other flicks but better kia scenes. Few chuckle points and some nods to past movies of mister reeves. You’ll know it when you hear it. All in all, a good fun flick, recommend waiting for download and watch all three together.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 16:03 Quote
Still not caught up on thread...but sounds like a few sickies..injuries...doggie flavoured peanut butterz...

...yup, f*ckin trees! hahaha...I could survive the tuck&roll every time if those damn trees would just stay off track....oh wait, they do. I go to them...Ha.

Flagging and starting a climb trail...tell me about it. What in thee f*ck am I thinkin'. If I had an ounce of sense I'd be selling every bike I have and just get a fun little whipper snapper Moto of some kind. The pedal I could live without... DH MTB is just so damn fun tho....

For those that know to listen when I say listen Razz heehee.....here's another keeper.
(...and Gygax = pretty saweet Ster!)


Posted: May 26, 2019 at 16:33 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Wick 3 was good... worthy successor to the first two and sets up nicely for part 4. Berry is good too, not in as much of the film as I expected but does well while she's there.

I think I may have broken my arm... took a clumsy fall a week and a half ago, been sore as f*ck but improving slowly but I can't quite straighten it 100% which has me concerned. Gonna give it another couple weeks and see how it goes but starting to think I'm actually gonna have to go see a doc. f*ck getting old.

i was against halle berry being in the film because she isn't much of an actress. hot? no doubt, but the wick series doesn't need window dressing alongside the action anymore than a good football game needs cheerleaders.

if you need any inspiration to go see the doctor, googley oogle laird hamiltons ankles. or just watch JRE podcast with him on it from last week. his ankles look like they belong on a rhinoceros theyve been busted so badly.
i took a hiatus from doing muay thai and coaching rugby this year due to all the injuries ive been tolerating. its been eight months injury free. no breaks, no strains, no tears, no dislocations, no f*cking therapist, no masseuse, no acuf*ckingpuncture, no nothing. it might turn into retirement from those two stupid ass sports, but i do miss muay thai.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 18:38 Quote
Berry is totally passable because her acting is pretty limited... she's mostly just there as a vehicle to further Wick's history and get him access somewhere, but then acquits herself well in the action. I wasn't looking forward to her tagging along the whole movie and she doesn't, so it works well.

Had my brother look at the elbow today, says its not broken... thinks I likely just hyperextended and tweaked a ligament. Might have him do an xray just to be safe but not overly worried. Last time I try to do wheelies drunk though. lol was one of those 5mph, lay down the bike and roll away type crashes that you could do 30 times a day in your 20s... now at 40 I feel like I dove down a flight of stairs.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 19:00 Quote
Dman... were you riding a clapped out Norco at the park today? If so I was the dude awkwardly looking wondering if I was looking at someone famous.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 19:33 Quote
Eeeesh.... well hopefully its not yer ass wipe’n wing!


Get better... ice ice baby.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 20:53 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
Dman... were you riding a clapped out Norco at the park today? If so I was the dude awkwardly looking wondering if I was looking at someone famous.

Ha! Ya, took the old girl for a spin but remembered how bad it needs some love. Let me know when you're coming out be good to meet for a few laps. Ride the park most Sundays.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 21:01 Quote
obee1 wrote:
good on you D man for helping out with the single mom. she must feel shitty trying to raise two kids and trying to still have her own life. and then to hurt herself like this, hopefully the people around her will support her like you are doing.
too many moms left alone to raise kids and in doing so exhaust themselves and their own interests. shitty.

hey chef gimme a john wick review without spoilers. i love the series but kinda prefer to watch them at home. keanu reeves is so f*cking cool outside of film. he is fast tracking his way towards cult fan favourite up there with the likes of bill murray and frank sinatra.

Her family is great and help fulltime, she needs all the help she can get. Her husband died 2 yrs ago also....


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027494
Mobile Version of Website