Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 6:54 Quote
Are we talking broken spokes? Or nipples? I've broken a wheel when a piece of rebar got in there. It pulled spokes out of the hub flange and pulled nipples through the rim. But never broke a spoke. Stainless steel spokes right? Not black ones of course, 'cause they are worse than shimano hubs - just don't go there. Or alloy spokes, like mavic.

Other than that, a set of wheels lasts longer than the standards in the bicycle industry. I had a set of wheels all through the 10x135. through the 80's and part of the 90's. I got new wheels when I needed to have disk hubs. I got the next set when 10x142 was here and a new set 2 years ago when I went to 12x148 on 29 rims.

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 6:55 Quote
I are and always have been 150-160 pounds wet. Maybe up to 170 in winter.

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 7:16 Quote
now i'm sore and tire after digging for 7 hours, however the trails got some much deserved nip and tuck!

I was too tired yesterday to take pictures so I will have to go back today to take some. Happy Father's day to all the dads

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 9:15 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
I are and always have been 150-160 pounds wet. Maybe up to 170 in winter.

Yeah I fluctuate between 220 and 230 usually.

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 9:19 Quote
Black spokes lever. They're breaking part way through the threads. No rebar.

Swapping to the spare rear wheel now. It's going to the shop this afternoon to be rebuilt. I have neither the skill nor the time to build a wheel.

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 9:41 Quote
JRE fans, the naval ravikant episode is top ten on my list of best podcasts. I anticipate that this episode is going to slingshot naval ravikant into a whole lot of people's conscience like how Jordan Peterson did when he went on JRE, and hopefully Naval will fly with the opportunity.

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 20:05 Quote
Sunday Fun Day. Some alpine riding close to home.

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 20:35 Quote
that's a pretty bangnin view dood! oh man.... Happy Rad Dad Day guys.... hope you had fam time and hang time too...

got some good gifts, gummy worms, Kombucha and a sweet cowboy dog legend hero card. lol then got out with some of the local dad bods for a few hours in the woods before dinner and fro yo with the troop... kill day.

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 20:50 Quote

A rad dad day was had!

Bikes with a buddy, poke at ono poke shop, a relaxing walk and sit on the beach at low tide, grilled chicken and beer to finish it all up.

Old Crusty’s make wise father figures. We are all knowing...

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 21:39 Quote
Great pics gents. I also got out for some laps today. Sundays are for shredding.Cool

and over.

Smooth like butter.

Trek seems impressed.

Willie-dee getting his nutz soupy.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 5:38 Quote
happy father's day to you all!

riding my DH bike makes me a happy man. riding the day after a trail day at our local trails is just extra bonus!

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 6:28 Quote
Well done gents, Pano lift day for me and the boy.
Me and da boy

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.050895
Mobile Version of Website