Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 20:30 Quote
Tried melatonin and some other over the counter stuff with no success, prescription meds have helped with duration of sleep but kill the quality... I'll get eight hours but feel like I slept four and woke up half drunk and out if it so I don't take meds.

Activity level helps but only in the extreme... like if I go camping and spend eight hours hiking until I'm just exhausted or spend all day on an epic ride, I'll get awesome sleep but just riding an hour or two or hitting the gym for a couple hours only marginally helps and mostly only with initially falling asleep. Really been a lifelong problem honestly, when I was a young kid I'd regularly wake up hours before it was time to get up for school... just have a real tough time falling asleep or staying asleep.

I have one of those smart watches that tracks your sleep, I regularly get 'sleep efficiency' ratings in the 30-40% range. Shitty but I've kind of just learned to live with it.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 20:35 Quote
Picked up a new helmet today, Giro Chronicle with the MIPS... got it for only $75 and it's possibly the most comfortable helmet I've ever worn. A little big in terms of shell shape but I'm impressed, especially given how cheap it was. Great coverage on the back of the head and down to the ears, really well secured visor and fit riding glasses and earphones well.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 20:44 Quote
Unisom. Try it, it’s magic....

It’s a sleep aid that typically gets prescribed to pregnant moms who struggle with nausea and sleep problems. I got into when melatonin ceased working. I also dig CBD for sleep.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 21:17 Quote
Gents if any of you are still having trouble sleeping let me know... more than happy to do it for you... free of charge!!!

Pretty sure if not for guilt I could actually sleep for days. Naps with the cat are all time awesomeness!

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 21:19 Quote
PS the pics you guys are posting up are awesome! Keep em coming... the blabbering is always hilarious but pics are nice little insights into what you folk are up to Salute

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 21:42 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Picked up a new helmet today, Giro Chronicle with the MIPS... got it for only $75 and it's possibly the most comfortable helmet I've ever worn. A little big in terms of shell shape but I'm impressed, especially given how cheap it was. Great coverage on the back of the head and down to the ears, really well secured visor and fit riding glasses and earphones well.

I think giro has the best head form

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 21:43 Quote

This has been my life the last couple of weeks. Shooting all new pics of the menu and all the new platforms and products getting ready to roll. More next week. A 2 day back breaker of photoshoot... seems easy but shits stressful. 1 final picture of a product can take over hour each, 10+ pizza’s (if that is what’s being shot) and tons of different shots. I need a breather!

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 21:44 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Tried melatonin and some other over the counter stuff with no success, prescription meds have helped with duration of sleep but kill the quality... I'll get eight hours but feel like I slept four and woke up half drunk and out if it so I don't take meds.

Activity level helps but only in the extreme... like if I go camping and spend eight hours hiking until I'm just exhausted or spend all day on an epic ride, I'll get awesome sleep but just riding an hour or two or hitting the gym for a couple hours only marginally helps and mostly only with initially falling asleep. Really been a lifelong problem honestly, when I was a young kid I'd regularly wake up hours before it was time to get up for school... just have a real tough time falling asleep or staying asleep.

I have one of those smart watches that tracks your sleep, I regularly get 'sleep efficiency' ratings in the 30-40% range. Shitty but I've kind of just learned to live with it.

I've never been a good sleeper either. Same thing, even if I get a good number of hours they're low quality.

Edible weed helps the best.

Melatonin had something in it I was allergic to and made my skin all itchy.

Same thing as BbLB with exercise. A 2 hr bike ride doesn't make a dent. A century helps to actually fall asleep but I still don't feel better in the AM.

I've accepted tired as my lot in life.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 22:28 Quote
I used to snore like a bear. Lost a bunch of weight and it went away...except when I drink a lot. I work shift work so I generally can sleep whenever but the last year or so I started to have trouble sleeping the night before my first day shift. I picked up some 3:2 CBD oil and it works like a charm. Took too much the first time and slept through my alarm...by like an hour lol

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 7:56 Quote
I sleep like a rock and even better with some newly legal enhancement. laird Hamilton was on Joe Rogan and they were talking about sleep. This ultra fit, rich, older dude was pretty matter of fact..."if you can't sleep, you're not tired enough. You need to do more shit." When I am inactive, I stay up way too late. When active, early to bed and down for the count. Wife snores like a trucker due to a cleft pallat issues as a kid but I don't hear shit.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 8:02 Quote
I can sleep anywhere, and frequently nap when the opportunity arises. This also includes just closing my eyes and trying to simplify back to just breathing. No think. Just breathe. This for five or ten minutes makes me feel good.

Back in the "break your nose consistently" period of my life, snoring was an issue. But I got it straightened and cauterized and it's been reasonably good since. big dudes and dudes with thick necks always have snoring issues.

I would really struggle if I coundltn sleep well, but I do smoke reefer before I go to bed more often than not as well. Great for sleeping, bad for snacking.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 8:04 Quote
Laird Hamilton is a f*cking maniac. His opinions have to be tempered with the reality that you don't surf sixty foot waves and f*ck Gabrielle Reese while living in Hawaii as a hero millionaire superstar.

Chris, watch the naval ravikant podcast. It's gold.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 8:20 Quote
Sleep is good for me most of the time but I cant sleep in ever up at 8am at the latest.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 8:35 Quote
obee1 wrote:
Laird Hamilton is a f*cking maniac. His opinions have to be tempered with the reality that you don't surf sixty foot waves and f*ck Gabrielle Reese while living in Hawaii as a hero millionaire superstar.

Laird is a benevolent space alien, or something. He's clearly not 100% human like the rest of us.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 10:45 Quote
husstler wrote:
obee1 wrote:

Laird is a benevolent space alien, or something. He's clearly not 100% human like the rest of us.
Pffft, Laird has only broken his ankle six or seven times...pussy.

Listening to the podcast I was like, ya, you're pro big wave surfer, that must kinda go with the job. Then I watched that part of the podcast. His foot looks like Frankenstein's f*cking foot!!!Eek Guy is a machine.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024924
Mobile Version of Website