Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 7:38 Quote
husstler wrote:
obee1 wrote:
im not the only one?
i grew up sleeping on a couch regularly and i prefer it in a lot of ways. but yeah, my bedroom is often littered with kids when/if i eventually go to bed.

My 5 year old son calls me his room mate and wants to get my name made up to go under his on the wall. He speaks fondly about the two of us sharing a room for the rest of our lives.
Dude that is so sweet!
What a bond!
I’ve been bonding with my baby girl so much. We have a deep connection.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 7:58 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
Sleep with your women folk y’ol silly bastards!

How many kids you got and how old

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 8:02 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Also had a cruise in the parking lot on a Druid with the Sram axs stuff and it was definitely nice.

Druid felt very agile for and comfortable for the short ride in the lot.

A couple of the We Are One boys are on Druids. D. Adams was saying it is the nicest bike he has ever owned. They look pretty awesome.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 8:27 Quote
Good heavens I have to show my wife this page... she thinks we’re doomed lol

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
My wife and I decided when the kids were young they were not sleeping in our bed ever. If they were sick, sad whatever we went to their rooms.
I'm a really light sleeper, any noise and I wake up.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 8:59 Quote
Don’t mistake actual sleeping in another room as a problem. It’s just for better sleep for all in the house. In my case we still start the evening in the same room in the same bed. T.V., talking and other things. Wink
However when it time to sleep it all comes down to my snore level. If to loud off to the spare room I go. It’s better than constant shots to the ribs to quite down. Lol

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 9:13 Quote
So am I totally out of touch with bike shops these days or what? I took my rear wheel in the other day and was told it would take three weeks to rebuild it. Is this shit normal where you guys are?

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 9:30 Quote
obee1 wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:

Ha! Just don’t let too many men know your wife is sleeping alone... especially with “magnum” in their name!

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 9:46 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
So am I totally out of touch with bike shops these days or what? I took my rear wheel in the other day and was told it would take three weeks to rebuild it. Is this shit normal where you guys are?

Some shops it is. I usually find another shop once that happens.

Of course if don’t have another option if you where to drop it off with a 6pack it might happen quicker.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 9:50 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:
Also had a cruise in the parking lot on a Druid with the Sram axs stuff and it was definitely nice.

Druid felt very agile for and comfortable for the short ride in the lot.

A couple of the We Are One boys are on Druids. D. Adams was saying it is the nicest bike he has ever owned. They look pretty awesome.
I really like hsp designs, just wish they didn't require a funky idler pulley to make it all work right.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 10:14 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
obee1 wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:

Ha! Just don’t let too many men know your wife is sleeping alone... especially with “magnum” in their name!

That's what I thought.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 10:31 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
urinalmint wrote:

Some shops it is. I usually find another shop once that happens.

Of course if don’t have another option if you where to drop it off with a 6pack it might happen quicker.
I went to another shop and it’ll be done in a week. I get that they’re busy. Shit happens. But I’ve spent a grand at that shop plus sent two people there to buy new bikes and also dropped off a 24 of beer in the last couple months. I was hoping for a little better than three weeks for a wheel build. But...I guess when you’re not a bro you just wait. That just convinced me to learn how to build my own wheels.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 10:32 Quote
urinalmint wrote:

Super busy times for shops right now. Wait for some services can be almost a week as people always wait until the last minute to get there DH rig ready for the park. That said Vernon has three good shops covering a city of this size. Probably longer wait times in larger cities unless the shop numbers are double what we have here.
There’s been three stands going full tilt at Skyride for about 3 weeks now. Same every time I walk in.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 11:00 Quote
What is this wet stuff falling from the sky?

Rain muther-fa-ka! Rain more!

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 12:05 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
What is this wet stuff falling from the sky?

Rain muther-fa-ka! Rain more!

We got a good rain this morning, now Gail force winds have evaporated it all....

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.027415
Mobile Version of Website