Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 11:01 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
What do you guys think of that Specialized Fuze update?

I'm selling my Remedy and dipping... well jumping in with both feet... into the evil realm of e-bikes. So I need a pedal power bike. Goal with my pedal power bike is to have something I can ride with my daughter on mellow trails, ride with my son on the pump track... and smash the local office lunch loops when I'm not on an e-bike ride.

Wanting something a bit aggressive.

Was looking at Chameleons or the NS Bikes Eccentric Evo.

I don't think you can beat a Santa Cruz for future resale value, all other things aside. They're like Toyota Tacomas how they hold resale value.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 11:24 Quote
What's the pricing like on the Fuse in the US?
Certainly a really classy looking ride, to the extent that I'd never have guessed it was a SpecialEd.
Not keen on Alu HTs personally, but main thing for me is the pricing/value - in the UK the top build is £1650, whereas a similarly/better spec'd Alu HT from Chain Reaction is a few hundred less, or for a tiny bit more you can get e.g. a Cotic in Reynolds 853 steel with a similar calibre of build (SLX vs. NX) - absolutely no competition as far as I'm concerned.
If the value is good over there then I'd certainly try one, but husstler probably has a point, if resale is important for you (although again the frame is Alu, and certainly at UK pricing they aren't great value).

Do you specifically want a complete rig?
I've just ordered a custom frame from Marino - $300 plus shipping gets you a full custom frame in 4130.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 14:34 Quote
It’s opening day at Sunpeaks. It is so good today. Hero dirt!

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 14:39 Quote
harperrider wrote:

Sweet! How are the new trails?

Solstice ride tonight...830 at pineview if anyone is interested.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 14:46 Quote
oh yeah.... Solstice ride here tonight too.... trying to decide if I have enough energies to do it... long tuff week.... I cant believe its already the longest day. Bummed, I could deal with this type of day light all year long. I love it.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 14:49 Quote
Finally picked up the Baroness Purple Album.... soooo good...

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 15:24 Quote
got out last night for a lap. Started at 7 and finished by 9 still nice and light out.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 19:06 Quote
Someday I'll jump out of a perfectly good plane

Tandem for sure. That way as we plummet to earth if the shutes fail I can punch the f*ck outa someone in my last moments.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 19:08 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
harperrider wrote:

Sweet! How are the new trails?

Solstice ride tonight...830 at pineview if anyone is interested.

The new trails are all closed right now. Looked like they needed to dry out some more, but everything else was hero dirt! It was a great day until I blew up my rear shock. Talk about timing!

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 20:25 Quote
Axxe wrote:
obee1 wrote:
husstler wrote:
Where are you guys with trailers staying in Golden? My in laws have a trailer (I don't, I have a tent) and they are thinking about a weekend there where they can stay in their trailer and we can stay in our tent.

Gotta take advantage of free babysitting while we can.

Huzzla there's this hippy ass skydiving/ human kite place that has tenting, trailering and rents out yurts in golden. If you can tolerate the behaviour of people who experience that adrenalized self congratulatory bro down that comes after jumping out of perfectly good airplanes, it's a good spot.

There is no such thing as a perfectly good airplane. Especially at a DZ.

not the point of focus in what i was addressing, but agreeable nonetheless. the skydiving planes ive been in were shitboxes.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 22:05 Quote
husstler wrote:
Sounds good, thanks for the recommendations guys. I will post up when we book in case anyone is in the area and wants to do a ride up and down Mt 7 with me
I'd be in to that, been hearing tails of a really good climb to the top.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 23:08 Quote
harperrider wrote:

Open day at Silver Star too. Yesterday's rain/snow up there made for great conditions during tonight's extended play after she dried out. More of the same tomorrow... and Sunday. Cool

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 23:59 Quote
When on a steep downhill, your phone slips up out of your back jersey pocket, dances around on your back and goes shooting over your left shoulder. As your rear tire scratches the itch on your anoos.

That's a good trail.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 6:24 Quote
d-man wrote:
husstler wrote:
Sounds good, thanks for the recommendations guys. I will post up when we book in case anyone is in the area and wants to do a ride up and down Mt 7 with me
I'd be in to that, been hearing tails of a really good climb to the top.

Schacher is pretty fun. I did it last summer with a couple of buds and it makes for a long but good ride.

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 14:25 Quote
Solstice ride was dreamy! Unfortunately, the trails are fricken dry and starting to get blown out. Its trying to rain today so hopefully things will change.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.041789
Mobile Version of Website