Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 10:39 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
All that for under $400? Any color?

yep not sure if any are left or not but he has a bunch of sick frames for 350 plus 100 shipping. because they missed the payment deadline. I have heard so many folks poo poo that since they cant stand sick. but holy hell of a bike for cheap. get out your sticker pack and rip it.

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 10:50 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

yep not sure if any are left or not but he has a bunch of sick frames for 350 plus 100 shipping. because they missed the payment deadline. I have heard so many folks poo poo that since they cant stand sick. but holy hell of a bike for cheap. get out your sticker pack and rip it.

I'm sure that the Marino guys would happily replace the 'Sh**e bike co' decals for their own far more savory Marino decals for a small fee too!

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 10:53 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Basic custom frame is $300 plus shipping ($110 to the UK) - my total frame cost was more like $455, but that's with custom engraving on the HT, Reynolds 725 tubeset, internal dropper routing and PM disc mount rather than IS. So still a stupid amount of frame for the money!

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 11:12 Quote
Hmm.
12mm boost drop outs.
30.9 seat tube
180mm rear brake
Wonder if they can do internal routing
Bb92
Set up around a 150 fork
Chainstay like 415
Like 64/75 angles
Reach like 477

Hmm

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 11:15 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
Basic custom frame is $300 plus shipping ($110 to the UK) - my total frame cost was more like $455, but that's with custom engraving on the HT, Reynolds 725 tubeset, internal dropper routing and PM disc mount rather than IS. So still a stupid amount of frame for the money!

Nice. Reynolds. Hmmm.

I kinda like the idea of getting it ride and just spaying a kandy over it so yoi csn still see welds .
Or at least partially exposed.

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 11:27 Quote
Don't know about BB options or larger caliper mounts, but sounds like you should DM him on Insta Wink

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 12:02 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

I'm sure that the Marino guys would happily replace the 'Sh**e bike co' decals for their own far more savory Marino decals for a small fee too!

If I hadn’t just built up the chromagnum I would have jumped on one in a heartbeat Smile

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 22:32 Quote
Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.

You ever hear of this guy? I just watched the movie. I had not seen it before.

And this:

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 15:39 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Hardmanduckface ... stoked. Passopuerto was in the mailbox today. The whitebirdfeathers has secured lodging.... fossilized festivus should be live with duckfaces smiles and hardmans.

I'm late to the party but completely down for fossil fest. Vernon is so good.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 16:29 Quote
I. Rode.The. Big. Bike On. Dirt.

Woot woot. Feeling super stoked about being able to ride again.

My timings off and cardio is f*ckered but I'm riding.

AND

I'm going to dust of the ol' deck and skateboard again.

You only live once!

Plus I get to go fishing soon so I'm even more stoked.

Being able to sleep is f*cking awsome!

Ok. No more prework out for me......

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 17:39 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Hardmanduckface ... stoked. Passopuerto was in the mailbox today. The whitebirdfeathers has secured lodging.... fossilized festivus should be live with duckfaces smiles and hardmans.

I'm late to the party but completely down for fossil fest. Vernon is so good.

All of advanced riding age are welcome at the Fossil Fest but who are you whitebirdfeathers? I'm not familiar with your handle or posts. Please forgive me if I'm not in the know but if Sterling says your ok... I'm worried. lol

Give yourself a little introduction, just the usual things...

Where your from?
Years riding?
Bikes and trails you ride?
Kids or DINK?
Clips or flats?
Coke or Pepsi?
Social insurance number?
Credit card numbers?
Passwords?
Wink

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 18:11 Quote
Where your from? Chilliwack BC
Years riding? 25+
Bikes and trails you ride? Santa Cruz Hightower LT CC, Santa Cruz Chameleon, Norco Theshold
Kids or DINK? SINK but married.
Clips or flats? Clips
Coke or Pepsi? Beer
Social insurance number? 728 51. Hey, wait. This seems fishy

Chef said I was old so I should be on here and Stirling said I should come to Vernon. I'm officially old now. I ride Vedder the most because it is an easy pedal from my house but I also ride everything from here to pemberton fairly often.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 18:29 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
Where your from? Chilliwack BC
Years riding? 25+
Bikes and trails you ride? Santa Cruz Hightower LT CC, Santa Cruz Chameleon, Norco Theshold
Kids or DINK? SINK but married.
Clips or flats? Clips
Coke or Pepsi? Beer
Social insurance number? 728 51. Hey, wait. This seems fishy

Chef said I was old so I should be on here and Stirling said I should come to Vernon. I'm officially old now. I ride Vedder the most because it is an easy pedal from my house but I also ride everything from here to pemberton fairly often.

Sounds legit to me. To get to fossil fest Sterling will likely drive right by you so you guys can fly by night and the morning you land. I hear it's like a rocket flight.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 19:40 Quote
Welcome to the madness.
Beer is always the right answer. Beer

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 19:45 Quote
Obee

I've been lurking in this thread since you asked me to post the picture of that old school group hiking to the caves at moose. I just have to give you a hard time as the band chilliwack is from abbotsford. The things you learn when you move from calgary to chilliwack.

Also:
From chilliwack
20 years riding
Currently on a 2019 ripmo
Riding Fraser valley mainly but still have a bike in calgary for k country laps
Both clips and flats depending
Dink that drinks beer

Active Forum Threads
16 mins ago - Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
18 mins ago - Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
30 mins ago - Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
43 mins ago - Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
1 hours ago - Enduro saddles
1 hours ago - Orange Missile
1 hours ago - Water bottle/cage to fit 2018 Norco Sight 29r w/ piggyback shock
1 hours ago - The Whistler Thread
2 hours ago - RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread
2 hours ago - 100 (or more) days of biking in 2019
2 hours ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
2 hours ago - E*Thirteen customer service was great this week concerning a cracked carbon rim
2 hours ago - Bikes with steepest seat angle
2 hours ago - Banshee Bikes, NS Bikes, YT Industries Bikes and Ragley Bikes need their own manufacturer forum on Pinkbike
2 hours ago - SRAM x5, did the dealer give me the wrong cassette
2 hours ago - Show your all mountain bike
2 hours ago - Sexiest Old-School DH Bike Out There
2 hours ago - What brakes are people running?
2 hours ago - dirt jumper or bmx and what size?
2 hours ago - Help me purchase a bike please
3 hours ago - Looking for a 21.5tt or longer frame or complete bmx (BMX)
3 hours ago - Show Off Your YT
3 hours ago - 2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
3 hours ago - Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
3 hours ago - Are people really going for electric parts? Are they really the future?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.038167
Mobile Version of Website