Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 17:02 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Ho-Lee-Shit!
What a DH final!
Off to the park to go faaaasst!

that jr girl vali holl’s time was faster than hannah’s wining time in elite women. shots fired.

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 17:06 Quote
53119 wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
Ho-Lee-Shit!
What a DH final!

that jr girl vali holl’s time was faster than hannah’s wining time in elite women. shots fired.

Yep, they need her up in the big show ASAP. Always the same top 3 ladies on the top step unless out injured. Fresh speed needed to challenge the top ladies.

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 17:14 Quote
Patrick Laffey Young junior Canadian 2nd today yeah there is a bright future. Finn Isles will need to review the Dirt movie series if he wants to come back to Les Gets and win it!

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 17:48 Quote
53119 wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
Ho-Lee-Shit!
What a DH final!

Been waiting forvthat for swhile. Shes fast

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 18:18 Quote
jerome wrote:
Patrick Laffey Young junior Canadian 2nd today yeah there is a bright future. Finn Isles will need to review the Dirt movie series if he wants to come back to Les Gets and win it!

Patrick is a super nice kid too.

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 19:11 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
I have seen pics of riders smoking ciggies to "open up the lungs".

In the 19teens.
They were still doing that in the 90's...

Mario Cipollini, one of the great sprinters in pro cycling.
photo

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 21:18 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
leverfingers wrote:

In the 19teens.

photo

I've got a pair of those late 90s Briko glasses kicking around here somewhere...

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 16:39 Quote
Silly Star bound Smile Will be hangin out till the 21st! Hopefully the storms will pass.

Bloggitty blog if you’re having trouble sleeping...

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/mtnmanjake/blog/alls-well-that-ends-well-2019-canmore-enduro-photo-journal.html

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 17:28 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
leverfingers wrote:

In the 19teens.

photo

Cutters! Iirc mike and moocher were puffin darts thru most of their races, and look how well they did.
Breaking away is the only roadie movie I can reference.

Thanks for the feedback Leroy.

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 17:50 Quote
second text from potential buyer of my bike What is your best price?

my answer was
The best price is the one you are willing to pay and the price I am willing to accept. I am asking $3500, you more than welcome to make me an offer and if we can negotiate and agree on a price then you will get the best price!

Thankfully nobody bothered yet to lowball me so I must be patient in my responses...... maybe I should send BBLB after the Darwin award winners for a good comment from him.

I can't wait to go back to Silverstar, T minus 9 days for my departure to ride bikes!!!!
I rode Panorama on the DH bike and I will be back there, more of a mixed bag with really good jump line in Hells Bells. Once you figure out the speed and pay attention to side wind when airborne.... thankfully none of us bit it on the jumps, one tossed it OTB on Moose Powder where we were trying to follow this guy Mike who placed fifth at the Revelstoke Enduro.... that was so much fun!!!! he did admit that jumping wasn't his strength so we had to lead the way for him to push himself, of course we obliged...

It looks like I might be going to ride Rossland early next week then Silverstar!

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 19:55 Quote
7 more working days until one week off. I need it, the grind is grinding me down.

On positive note, Silver Star has been all world this year. I rode so much this weekend (all three days) my back is aching like an old man. Oh wait... I am an old man. Moderation this week and next is key leading up to FF.
Again tonight we got a sold 45 mins rain a few hours ago. Mother Nature just keeps delivering enough rain to keep things tacky and smoke free.
“It's a so succulent, so succulent.”
If this trend holds one more week you guys will get the best SS has to offer. Fingers crossed.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 20:20 Quote
Marvelous news on all fronts. This week will be a shitty extra work week to prepare for the Festivus. I’m quite excited.

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 6:21 Quote
I'm not sure I will be able to Make it to FF, The rain we've been getting is so good but it is delaying the hay cutting and baling. Next window for 5 days of sun is next week.... f*ck.

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 6:30 Quote
d-man wrote:
I'm not sure I will be able to Make it to FF, The rain we've been getting is so good but it is delaying the hay cutting and baling. Next window for 5 days of sun is next week.... f*ck.

Do you need help? I haven't done that since I was a kid at my aunt and uncle farm but could be fun especially if it means you can come to Fossil Fest Darcy.

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 7:52 Quote
Thanks it's all about timing, can't cut it until there is 5days of no rain in the forecast. So far the forecast is rain until Tues/ Wednesday next week. Cut Thursday start baling Friday pick up from the Feild Sat /sun. I might get lucky and the hay guy might want to leave it until the long weekend.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.062815
Mobile Version of Website