Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 11:15 Quote
If Pierron needs a DH bike we probably all NEED a DH bike. When the elite riders start winning on their short travel rigs we can sell our obsolete squishes.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 11:22 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
If Pierron needs a DH bike we probably all NEED a DH bike. When the elite riders start winning on their short travel rigs we can sell our obsolete squishes.

Howabout I would prefer one on that track lol or say f it and hardtail that sumbitch

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 14:45 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:

I said I'd never need a DH bike again then the following happened. Smile

I was shooting for a 36 lb build so I put all my bits on the scale last night. Right now with everything but a fork choice she sits at 32 lbs.

Boxxer World Cup - 5.6 lbs
Fox Factory 40 - 6.1 lbs
Marzocchi 58 - 6.22 lbs

Dammit!
I knew I should have went Fox Float X2 or more carbon. 37 something lbs it is. #weightweenie lol

2019 Commie Furious

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 15:05 Quote
Will trade you that heffer for what’s left of the bag of Doritos I’m eating and six classic tendo 64 cartridges.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 15:10 Quote
Regular Nacho or Zesty?
You haz International Superstar Soccer 64?

Don’t matter son!
I no like Soccer and stopped eating chips!

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 15:25 Quote
Honestly, I've mostly given up on weight weenie'ing... my Bronson sits at like 32lbs with carbon wheels and carbon bar. I could drop a bunch of money and get just under 30lbs but it wouldn't make it ride any better. My Domane is right at 18lbs and rides way better than any sub 16lb bike I've ever ridden. I think most manufacturers have moved away from ultra light shit in favor of durable, functional lightweight.

Weight gets you bragging rights, not necessarily performance...

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 15:34 Quote
Yep Just look at Yeti from the last few years their frames have gone up in weight

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 15:37 Quote
Also over light weight. I'll take solid any day.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 15:46 Quote
Yeah, she'll be 37ish lbs when done but she'll take what the park can throw at her.
I'm considering a Marzocchi 58 as it's $300-500 CAD less than the other forks but only one compression dial puts me of some. I'm a big guy so more fine tune adjustment is usually better.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 16:27 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Yeah, she'll be 37ish lbs when done and she'll take what the park can throw at her.
I'm considering a Marzocchi 58 as it's $300-500 CAD less than the other forks but only one compression dial puts me of some. I'm a big guy so more fine tune adjustment is usually better.
Isn't it a combined high/low adjustment? You could take that $300-500 and get a custom tune to match your preferences and still come out saving money if you ride it and feel like it's out of the range you need.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 16:53 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
Yeah, she'll be 37ish lbs when done and she'll take what the park can throw at her.
Isn't it a combined high/low adjustment? You could take that $300-500 and get a custom tune to match your preferences and still come out saving money if you ride it and feel like it's out of the range you need.

Yep, combo dial stock.
Exactly what I was thinking too. Use as is and see if it's alright, If not put in a custom tuned something later.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 17:36 Quote
My glory is mid 30s and tough as nails . One week away...

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 17:41 Quote
Told you the 58 was close on weight to the 40.

Its a solid trouble free fork.

Ive been very happy with these current marzo forks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026870
Mobile Version of Website