Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Author Message
Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 22:53 Quote
Shitty indeed, definitely healing vibes to you BBLB.

Great to hear you are in Mint. Beer
There should be plenty of camping in the main camping lot, there's no big events going on FF weekend. Camping can also be done in the other upper lot as well. Canada Cup race was this last weekend and both lots were packed but that's expected on a race weekend. A regular weekend with no bike related events going on shouldn't be a problem.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 22:56 Quote
Yeah bum deal BB.... you could just bomb up anyway for moral support and heckling....it may also be my only chance at besting you in an arm wrestling challenge ...???

If I can get a few spots Thursday strung together whats the code? Ok to claim multiple spots without being beaten by a swarm of pilsner swillin Deaners?

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 22:58 Quote
Hope the warmth and humidity is healing magic BBLB!

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 23:40 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Shitty indeed, definitely healing vibes to you BBLB.

Great to hear you are in Mint. Beer
There should be plenty of camping in the main camping lot, there's no big events going on FF weekend. Camping can also be done in the other upper lot as well. Canada Cup race was this last weekend and both lots were packed but that's expected on a race weekend. A regular weekend with no bike related events going on shouldn't be a problem.
Nice, good to hear.tup

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 9:16 Quote
alright....whats the consensus on bringing two bikes as far as possible theft from the camping zone? I know in some northern areas a stateside plates are quite the target for breakins.... I'd love to bring both but I'm not in a position to loose a weapon.... Confused


Maybe Silver Star offers a monitored bike locker situation?

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 9:21 Quote
We are a tight camp area. I’ve left my bikes unlocked many nights. I throw a cable lock on for peace of mind . Off the resort maybe bikes get gripped but it would be hard to see someone risk getting beat up by 100 bikers camping . Lol

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 9:24 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
We are a tight camp area. I’ve left my bikes unlocked many nights. I throw a cable lock on for peace of mind . Off the resort maybe bikes get gripped but it would be hard to see someone risk getting beat up by 100 bikers camping . Lol

Ok thanks sounds good

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 9:28 Quote
Lock it up inside your shaggin’ wagon on top of tarp if dirty and all good. Taken out of vehicles is pretty unheard of up there. Usually always somebody around.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 9:30 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
We are a tight camp area. I’ve left my wife unlocked many nights. I throw a cable lock on for peace of mind . Off the resort maybe bikes get gripped but it would be hard to see someone risk getting beat up by 100 bikers camping . Lol
I fixed your post. Bike stays with me:

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 9:40 Quote
Dunno if can take that pic seriously due to xc frame with sids!

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 9:51 Quote
Bring your winter jacket and mittens kidzzz it’s legit snowing up here at the moment.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 9:51 Quote
If I did more camping with my bike, I'd definitely invest in a garage tent like the Redverz Atacama or whatever it's called.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 9:57 Quote
I have a tent and an event tent for added shelter pleasures so bikes will deffo be locked in vansion. Snow in July? Oh the times we live in. Good heads up as I was resolved to bringing only a g string and a tank top

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 10:10 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
Bring your winter jacket and mittens kidzzz it’s legit snowing up here at the moment.

Rain in town right now so I’m not surprised.
Yes it’s summer but it’s usually 10 degrees cooler up there than down here in the valley. Car temp says 15 here in town. Probably 5 up there.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 10:11 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I have a tent and an event tent for added shelter pleasures so bikes will deffo be locked in vansion. Snow in July? Oh the times we live in. Good heads up as I was resolved to bringing only a g string and a tank top

Ewe.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.035637
Mobile Version of Website