Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 19:50 Quote
Nice work Crisco! Thats pretty damn awesomre stuff...

So I was checking out the Stars trail maps on the interwebz... bigger than I pictured... wats up with that Beowulf trail? 17 mile black DH blue peddle up.... I’d be down to make that happen one of the mornings, or days ... or evenings.

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 20:05 Quote
I’ve never for a second thought... these park laps are boring... I should go pedal beowolf.

Extended play tonight was bluebird awesomeness after a couple days of hard rains.

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 20:23 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Nice work Crisco! Thats pretty damn awesomre stuff...

So I was checking out the Stars trail maps on the interwebz... bigger than I pictured... wats up with that Beowulf trail? 17 mile black DH blue peddle up.... I’d be down to make that happen one of the mornings, or days ... or evenings.

Beowulf is not a ride in the evening sort of ride. It's 35km of backwards XC oriented riding. Buy backwards I mean you decened 10km to the bottom but then have a 2 hour climb out. Eek
Backwards. I like my long climbs to a high point and my descent to finish up. I did it once to say I did, I'm good now.

Silver Star XC trails are meh.
Look at the Sovereign Lake area right before Silver Star. I can take you Rock Is The New Berm, Soupy Nutz, Dagmal and Hammered Cow. The goods.

Willie-d riding RITNB (Rock is the new berm)

Trek seems impressed.

Soupy Nutz (Soup to Nuts)

Willie-dee getting his nutz soupy.

This is me riding rock face #2 on Hammered Cow

Massive rock face 2 - Photo by Rob Thompson

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 20:25 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
I’ve never for a second thought... these park laps are boring... I should go pedal beowolf.

Extended play tonight was bluebird awesomeness after a couple days of hard rains.

You still up there tomorrow Jake? I will look for ya.

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 20:43 Quote
Hmmmm I see.... I shall trust your local knowledgeSalute

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 20:48 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:

Park...

Double Dog.

No planes yes trains no automobiles.

Pipe Dream

Booooost

Dropping

Super Star

Super sunny Star

Are you stoked yet? Cool

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 21:20 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:

Yup still here but coaching a private tomorrow. Really wonderful 68yr old fella that’s recently taken up mountain biking. Sold his Harley and got an Evil. He’s done two 5 week men’s programs with me and now coming all the way out here for a private. Very beginner but loving it and I smile every time he progresses a bit... it takes time but you can teach an old dog new tricks!

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 21:41 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

Yup still here but coaching a private tomorrow. Really wonderful 68yr old fella that’s recently taken up mountain biking. Sold his Harley and got an Evil. He’s done two 5 week men’s programs with me and now coming all the way out here for a private. Very beginner but loving it and I smile every time he progresses a bit... it takes time but you can teach an old dog new tricks!

Nice.
Well if no fast laps together I will at least say hi.

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 22:00 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:

Nice.

Heck ya! And fast laps Sunday if you’re back up!!! (Or later afternoon Saturday)

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 22:39 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

Nice.

Heck ya! And fast laps Sunday if you’re back up!!! (Or later afternoon Saturday)

I should be up both dayz. Cool tup

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 5:23 Quote
OMR (old man Randy)will be coming to ride Saturday! At 60 years old he’s a ripper!!! We gona have a f*ckin kicking good time.
If we need to we can pile all of our caravans into one or two spots and start some shit!!!!

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 9:34 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
OMR (old man Randy)will be coming to ride Saturday!

Macho Man!?!?!

The cream rises to the top

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 10:49 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
Bikes up for sale. It's official!

What’s the replacement plan?

Trying to get on a levo. And build a slack 27.5 hard tail around my new fork

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.039958
Mobile Version of Website