Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 5:08 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
I can tell you I’m out until sometime next week for sure. F*cking unfortunate too. The rebuild of lower Pipe Dream is minty fresh and and f-n awesome right now.
Also one of the impossible tables on Rockstar to clear without peddling your ass off was just shaved down a little. Was hoping to try it out tonight. F*ck my luck.
Unmakeable????? Tell me more! Lol

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 6:56 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
I can tell you I’m out until sometime next week for sure. F*cking unfortunate too. The rebuild of lower Pipe Dream is minty fresh and and f-n awesome right now.
Also one of the impossible tables on Rockstar to clear without peddling your ass off was just shaved down a little. Was hoping to try it out tonight. F*ck my luck.

Ouch! Shred gets kicked right in the family jewels while he’s down Eek Eek

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 7:41 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
jamezyo wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

He’s used to it!!!
Lol all in love, he will be back in park in no time
Very unfortunate event .

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 7:49 Quote
Damn shred that brutal. I had a nasty digger last weekend in the park. Came around a corner and tree had fallen over leaving just enough roots to catch my hand and out me over the bars. Really think the trail crews and patrol need to do a better job at checking hazards. Every trail should be looked at before opening.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 8:16 Quote
d-man wrote:
Damn shred that brutal. I had a nasty digger last weekend in the park. Came around a corner and tree had fallen over leaving just enough roots to catch my hand and out me over the bars. Really think the trail crews and patrol need to do a better job at checking hazards. Every trail should be looked at before opening.

I know they the trails get a ride through buy patrol in the morning looking for hazards but things will get missed with the human factor. Plus again who sees a 5mm black cable against black dirt at trail speed. I sure as hell didn’t see it.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 8:21 Quote
music sounds? Check this out. Steve Albini is the man. So knowledgeable and brutally honest.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 8:23 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:
jamezyo wrote:

He’s used to it!!!
Very unfortunate event .

You motherfooker! Lol
I said impossible without pedalling your ass off. Doable if you do.
Very first section of Rockstar. Bridge jump, double, rollers, right hand fin, first table, small berm right, big berm left then pedal your ass off if you want to make the table after the big left berm. Apparently it’s been shaved down some so the mad pedalling is not necessary anymore. Unfortunately I never got there to try it out. Frown

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 10:46 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
jamezyo wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:

He’s used to it!!!
Very unfortunate event .

You motherfooker! Lol
Very first section of Rockstar. Bridge jump, double, rollers, right hand fin, first table, small berm right, big berm left then pedal your ass off if you want to make the table after the big left berm. Apparently it’s been shaved down some so the mad pedalling is not necessary anymore. Unfortunately I never got there to try it out. Frown

f*ck man they are machine building a monster jump trail at my local area. Gona be a battle to get this line dialed !

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 15:08 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
husstler wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
Great pics Jerome.

I've heard it's a pretty good decent but the 7km pedal up to it from the top of the gondola is not an easy ride in the park.
If you E-biked it, good call.

7k length 600m vert makes it doable, I think. Shouldn't be too bad! That's less than a 10% grade.

All I've talked to say it's a punchy climb, not a Frisby Ridge cruise up the mountain. Report back once done.

Official verdict:

The climb ain't no thing.

The descent trail is well worth it. If not for family demands I may enjoy a second lap.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 16:27 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
jamezyo wrote:

He’s used to it!!!
Very unfortunate event .

You motherfooker! Lol

f*ck man they are machine building a monster jump trail at my local area. Gona be a battle to get this line dialed !

Machine groomer out in the Moose area?

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 17:08 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
jamezyo wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

You motherfooker! Lol

Machine groomer out in the Moose area?
yup. Has been two machines swinging for last month or so.
Big big berms and big big jumps

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 17:25 Quote
Very cool. Must be in conjunction with the local bike association if machines are permitted to dig. Now you’ll be able to get air time closer to home too.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 17:29 Quote
Damn Shred, that's a hell of a contusion! I went down right on the pointy edge of a rock a few years back and got one of those, after a few days my entire thigh was all one giant swollen purple bruise... brutal, you're in for a good one.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 17:38 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Very cool. Must be in conjunction with the local bike association if machines are permitted to dig. Now you’ll be able to get air time closer to home too.
We had a machine on a trail I’ve been building, about 1.5km of blue flow trail.
Not like the crazy build that’s going on now

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 17:44 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
We had a machine on a trail I’ve been building, about 1.5km of blue flow trail.
Not like the crazy build that’s going on now
Which part of the mountain is this new trail on?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.038495
Mobile Version of Website