Do you want to make Pinkbike and Trailforks better? Pinkbike is looking for full time Software Developers - Check Available Jobs

Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 18:14 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Why not just a 29'er though? I've never got the point of mullet bikes.

Thats my curiosity... From what the “claims” say it is a quicker cornering set up? Not sure since I have never tried it out. I imagine that rolling speed decreases?

I have no problem rolling with the guys on 29s in the flowy no pedal zones. Tires play into that too

Right on tup

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 21:17 Quote
lads,
hope all is well. entertaining fights on sat night.
romero fought costa in the battle for big pharma. all men are not created equal.
nate diaz fought pettis. i would pay to watch those dudes fight every weekend.
stipe fought DC. great fight, so intriguing.

all in all it was a fighters fight card, and it delivered. violence, strategy and technique. and no drama.

funny that no one mentioned it was whistlers crankworx this weekend. i used to go to that every year. now i dont even know its on, and watching it kinda told me why. god, especially the whip offs. the new mtb generation have a different approach to spectating i suppose.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 21:20 Quote
Oh man who won the diaz bout?

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 22:04 Quote
Last 4 fights were great. So stoked to see Romero lose. Dude is either on something or legit crazy. Do they test for molly?

Crankworx was sick. I watched several events. Was in the top 80 for fantasy before I forgot to do a team for the last event. Finished in top 200 still.

Love Emil. I think win could have gone to him of Rheeder but I had it to Rheeder. Way more speed. Super high in tech and amplitude. He needs to add a cash roll variation to his run or a unique twister. Think Emil won it on story, that turn down whip variation, and being smart. He added a table variation for points to every hit. Was like playing a video game when you figure out the easiest thing to add to a trick for bonus points. 4 freaking table variations.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 22:04 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Diaz. Hell of a fight.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 22:17 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Diaz. Hell of a fight.

somehow I found it on the webs and got to watch it just now... indeed that was a killer fight. One scrappy ass dood.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 1:12 Quote
Anyone else addicted to JRE podcasts?

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 2:46 Quote
Who here plays guitar? Looking for some input on a few things!

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 20:42 Quote
Sweet Kamloops article on the main page with one of the old schooler f*ck yeah

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 21:00 Quote
Saw that, and a silver star write up too

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 21:45 Quote
Yeah! Nice one Chris!

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 8:23 Quote
Hey boys...

Back from a whirl wind tour to southern Alberta's badlands. Took the fam to Dinosaur provincial park and stopped at every tourist trap between here and there. Sorry that I didn't reach out to any of you old boys but the bike was mainly used for riding in camp grounds with the kids. It was a great trip but hectic. I would love to do the same tour but focus on riding. My kids are close to that so soon...very soon.

Shred...ouchie. Freaky deaky crash. Heal up.

Ajax... glad to have you back.

Jake... Being a teacher makes coaching kids a whole lot easier. I have my systems down so it goes pretty well. It is certainly not for everyone!

And all you other fellas...thanks for the high fives on the Jeff Kendell-Weed edit. I am pretty stoked on what I have helped develop for youth cycling in this town. Jeff is a rad guy who is all about supporting people who support the sport. I am most proud to see my kid riding with some quality pros stoked out of her mind! (its her voice in the video saying "yeah! we are going to hit the table tops!".

Off to revy this weekend to ride that new trail. Should be good times!

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 15:18 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:

I play Ajax and so does Fulbug or 51... number something now. However he only pops in here from time to time now.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 15:42 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

I play Ajax and so does Fulbug or 51... number something now. However he only pops in here from time to time now.
Word, for the longest time I payed doom metal and punk covers running an Ibanez rg (I have 5 of them) with Invaders through a little big muff and a ts808 into the front of my block letter 5150 with a mesa 2x12.

I've started playing more classic rock type stuff with my dad and a few of his friends when I'm at home for days off. My existing rig doesn't really work well with them. I am looking at getting a second head / cabinet & pedal board to just leave at home That's better suited for this.

I have a a gretsch projet with broadtrons and a la cabronita tele with tv classics that I'm likely going to use, I'm not sure what to pair these with though. Have any recommendations as to what I should be looking into?

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 15:51 Quote
Our valley residents have stooped to a new low. Found about 50 medium sized fir trees cut down and across the trail. This happened to the Trans Rockies race last month also. f*cking NIMBY's here a so against mountain bikes it's crazy. The local hiking association has deemed the Brewer Lake trail as non mechanized too and we've been riding that trail for 20 years. Unbelievable that the government pisses on mountain bikes when they are one of the largest tourism user groups coming into the valley right now. Local businesses are not stepping up to help fight for trails but they sure like the cash being dropped.
So glad I'm starting holidays tomorrow and going to the west Kootenays where mountain biking is not a crime!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.040103
Mobile Version of Website