Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Author Message
Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 21:21 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
On another note, BBLB, I see a lot of your ride logs popping up on here. It looks like you are riding a route right along the beach front quite often. Are you riding your road bike near the beach or some sort of bike right on the sand? Either way riding some sort of bike along a Florida beach can’t be that bad. Send us a picture dammit.

Winter is coming.
Road riding on front beach road or county highway 30A mostly, they run right along the beach. Damn nice except for the heat... it's got me doing all my riding at sunrise or sunset, which has its own advantages.


Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 21:27 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
husstler wrote:
bauer3 wrote:
I just got a barely used Ripmo frame and i noticed the bottom bracket has a weird shape on the drive side but is totally flat on the other side. Why is this like this?? Does it affect installing new bottom bracket? I wish I knew how to post pics on here but I am an old guy.

any info is appreciated

Looks like a press fit adapter of some sort. Totally guessing.
Iscg adapter interface. There's a plate that gets sandwiched by the bb that allows chain guides to be used.

That's pretty rad. Very clean execution.

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 21:30 Quote
Yes, that’s exactly what it is. It’s for running a bash guard if you chose to do so. You can buy a 3 hole ISCG adaptor plate from Ibis that will interface with that. Then you bolt your bash guard to it. I don’t bother with bash guards anymore. If I fu*k up a chainring so be it, they are cheap. If I was racing Enduro I’d run one to make sure chainring damage doesn’t stop my race but again because I don’t race I don’t bother with any bash guard. Just more grams I don’t need on the bike.

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 21:47 Quote
Here’s a picture of my Ripmo.
My frame came with the plate but as you can see I don’t have a bash guard bolted on. Makes me wonder if the adaptor should be on to install the bottom bracket. My gut says yes. Even if you are not planning on running a bash the plate should be there so the bottom bracket has a flat surface to mount against.
You said used frame, do you have the plate? If not I would check with Ibis before installing the BB.


Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 22:14 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
On another note, BBLB, I see a lot of your ride logs popping up on here. It looks like you are riding a route right along the beach front quite often. Are you riding your road bike near the beach or some sort of bike right on the sand? Either way riding some sort of bike along a Florida beach can’t be that bad. Send us a picture dammit.

Winter is coming.
Road riding on front beach road or county highway 30A mostly, they run right along the beach. Damn nice except for the heat... it's got me doing all my riding at sunrise or sunset, which has its own advantages.


Not a bad ride view at all. Cool

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 22:17 Quote
The end is nigh... Send It!

Oooooh those break bumps. Eek

Views: 160    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 22:21 Quote
Beach view looks nice bb...

That drop is so fun shred.... nice

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 22:28 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Beach view looks nice bb...

That drop is so fun shred.... nice

You come back next year, we do again.
Video has GoPro effect too. I remember standing down at the bottom one day taking a picture of riders coming and thinking "Hummmm... the drop is bigger than it looks when just riding off of it.".

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 0:05 Quote
Harper. And Sun Peaks. A good couple of days were had by the NSB crew. Our newest employee had not ridden mountain bikes before. We rented him a Nomad and chucked him in at the deep end. It was day 2 and 3 for him. And he is sold. That'll cost him. But seeing his shit eating grin at the bottom of Pimpernot was great.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 1:22 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
Harper. And Sun Peaks. A good couple of days were had by the NSB crew. Our newest employee had not ridden mountain bikes before. We rented him a Nomad and chucked him in at the deep end. It was day 2 and 3 for him. And he is sold. That'll cost him. But seeing his shit eating grin at the bottom of Pimpernot was great.

Priceless

What a way in!

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 7:00 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
The end is nigh... Send It!

Oooooh those break bumps. Eek

Views: 160    Faves: 0    Comments: 0
I didn’t feel the break bumps lol
They had the proline closed due big berm full of water ... so I ducked the closure rope and smashed that line a few last times for the season.
We said f*ck it and packed up camp and headed down the hill to camp at elision for a few nights .

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 7:39 Quote
Nice James, Ellison is a beautiful camping spot. Plus you can go right across the road and get your XC riding on too.

Forecast says 100% chance of rain today. Well no sh*t, it’s raining. And with that I call it park season over. Shredtember pedal for downhill pleasure shall begin.

Now where did I leave that pedal up and around bike?

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 7:54 Quote
Anyone know if I can stream the us open?

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 9:45 Quote
You provoked my thoughts you bastard. Now I gotta wipe me eyes.

Crazy people aren't that crazy. It's the world that's nuts.

Rest easy DJ.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027157
Mobile Version of Website