Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 10:15 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
You provoked my thoughts you bastard. Now I gotta wipe me eyes.

Crazy people aren't that crazy. It's the world that's nuts.

Rest easy DJ.

Heartbreaking existence...
Technically speaking he isn’t the greatest musician of our generation but from a profound and unguarded standpoint he is easily up there. He is the most sincere and raw artist I can recall and I can only hope he is finally at peace....

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 21:01 Quote
hey Dman you know anything about water softeners? I have a restaurant that needs some heavy treatment... literally just sucked 5 pounds of clam shells out of the H2O tank that is only 4 years old. already shot. replacing it tomorrow, but upon further inspection of the rest of the equipment. there is a far greater wear factor going on than normal....

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 21:54 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Halo ION

Ok will check it... thanks Smile

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 23:37 Quote
here's what I pulled out of it. Never quite seen anything like it...

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 23:46 Quote
Holy shit, that's crazy... definitely looks like calcium build up but that's super bad for a four year old tank.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 23:57 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Holy shit, that's crazy... definitely looks like calcium build up but that's super bad for a four year old tank.

yeah I put it in 4 years ago, then last year the lower element blew, when I pulled it I couldn't believe how f*cking eaten it was. But I just threw in a new one. It popped the breaker again this last week but this time when I pulled the year old element out it looked the same and pulled a pile of this shit out with it. stuck my finger in there and was like WTF? I suspected hard water but I vacuumed out about half of a 5 gallon buckets worth of this.

went back today and now its leaking.... looks like I sucked out its band aid. That Halo looks interesting. I was trying to make sense of the salt pellet system, thinking how long will it take to eat that up in a restaurant just pounding through water on the daily... the big commercial systems are bulky, need power and monitoring of the pellet levels.

This halo thing if it will work for us is looking cool, in line, zero maintenance, 25 year warranty. and no strange pellets. just magnetic war zones. rad. I sent them a message to hopefully speak to someone about cost and which size will be best for the flow.

Cheers. tup

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 0:21 Quote
The Halo system works really well, I had their residential whole house filtration system installed at my condo and it works on the same principle.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 5:36 Quote
How often do you blow down the tank?
It looks as though you should be doing that at least once a month.
I have a Water Boss in the house. It is a salt softener but works well for our 50 US gallon tank and provides soft water for our little family with ease.
Not sure of what solution would be best for a commercial application.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 6:24 Quote
billbek wrote:
How often do you blow down the tank?
It looks as though you should be doing that at least once a month.
I have a Water Boss in the house. It is a salt softener but works well for our 50 US gallon tank and provides soft water for our little family with ease.
Not sure of what solution would be best for a commercial application.

Never. This area is not really known for this kind of water.... that why Im so surprised. Spent a lot of time on line last night. Looks like the city switched water supply wells a few years ago. Wondering about that. Have a call into the water department for a few questions....

Certainly a newer issue as I’ve been looking after this store for about 15 years and have never seen the scale build up on faucets and such until now.

The craziest part is the oven, which has a water misting proofer... There are racks for the bread proofing part and the stainless steel is rotting. Spider webbing rust and I can break it apart with my bare hands. Again a few year old oven that replaced one that had been in the store for 30 years.

I’ll be testing the water to make sure it’s not a health concern... cause if that shit is eating our equipment.... I’ll not be choking it down just yet.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 6:31 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
hey Dman you know anything about water softeners? I have a restaurant that needs some heavy treatment... literally just sucked 5 pounds of clam shells out of the H2O tank that is only 4 years old. already shot. replacing it tomorrow, but upon further inspection of the rest of the equipment. there is a far greater wear factor going on than normal....
Not schooled on water softeners but I do know it should be sized property for the volume of water used daily.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 6:39 Quote
What city is this in? I can reach out to my facilities team if they have seen anything similar nearby. But that amount of scale is ridiculous and not safe. A

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 6:47 Quote
Yeah D man... me neither and thats one of my biggest concerns. They use quite a bit daily...

Chef its up in Stanwood. Seem to have their own water supply. Says they are currently using 2 of 5 wells. Replacement wells are being drilled....could have something to do with it if there’s a bunch of limestone or gypsum they are going through? I dont know... just guessing. Pretty sure closest mod is burlington?

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 7:17 Quote
Nope, we are in stanwood... interesting. I’ll pass this along

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 7:26 Quote
Here is a quick question for you guys.
Trek Stranglehold drop out on a Farley 7.
Are there different spacer sizes available to increase the rotor size for this dropout style?
Levers and Calipers are Level Ts.
Would like better braking in the back and think the 2018 was 180 front and 160 back.
Would like to take the back to 180mm.
Would ask this in the mechanics questions but all the good guys that post there are on this thread anyway....

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024315
Mobile Version of Website