Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 18:21 Quote
I actually had no intention of doing a drivetrain upgrade, it was kind of an impulse thing driven by three factors... I got a super good deal on a complete X01 drivetrain, I wanted to swap my chain cause I'd cut it one link too short and it'd click if I tried pedaling through a g-out, and I'd f*cked up and cut my derailleur cable/housing about 3mm too short and it was seriously f*cking with my OCD. lol

I haven't ridden it anywhere but around the block yet but I gotta say, it's super dialed. Instant response, precise as f*ck... I'm impressed. The shifter paddle is kind of a weird design but other than that, which is really pretty minor, it's head and shoulders better than mechanical. Definitely wouldn't pay $2k for it but it's awesome.

No eVerb at this point Hustler... but would love to find a deal on a matching reverb at some point in the future, and will be really cool to see what they do with suspension integration in the future too.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 18:25 Quote
husstler wrote:
AXS is cool to me because it’s actually different, for more money. Not like pay more, get a marginal and incremental weight savings. More like pay more, get something that’s a technological leap over the cheaper stuff.
It really is a significant improvement. I've ridden X01 and XX1 mechanical and I honestly wouldn't spend the money over GX for mechanical. I got the AXS for less than mechanical would've cost me and it's an immediately noticeable improvement. Push the button, instant shift. I remember Levy or somebody did a review talking about how you don't realize it but you adapt to pushing a little bit past the click on mechanical and holding it a second to get it to shift but you do it subconsciously without thinking about it and it's really true, just tapping the button riding around the block and having it instantly responded with no hesitation or extra lever throw is something you don't think you'll really notice that becomes immediately obvious as soon as you're not dealing with it anymore.

Highly recommend if you score a deal or wanna throw the money at it.

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 19:38 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
I actually had no intention of doing a drivetrain upgrade, it was kind of an impulse thing driven by three factors... I got a super good deal on a complete X01 drivetrain, I wanted to swap my chain cause I'd cut it one link too short and it'd click if I tried pedaling through a g-out, and I'd f*cked up and cut my derailleur cable/housing about 3mm too short and it was seriously f*cking with my OCD. lol

I haven't ridden it anywhere but around the block yet but I gotta say, it's super dialed. Instant response, precise as f*ck... I'm impressed. The shifter paddle is kind of a weird design but other than that, which is really pretty minor, it's head and shoulders better than mechanical. Definitely wouldn't pay $2k for it but it's awesome.

No eVerb at this point Hustler... but would love to find a deal on a matching reverb at some point in the future, and will be really cool to see what they do with suspension integration in the future too.

Just be careful shifting under power because it will happen immediately and can break chains. I have a couple of friends who lost a couple chains before they adjusted.

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 20:26 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:

I know a guy fairly well (it's me I am referring to) that has tossed a drivetrain over a chain and casing, both cut too short.

Like, maybe that's the straw that broke the camel's back.

Get that crazy glint in your eye ... I'll show you, shift cable! I dont even need you, havent you heard of f*cking wireless?!?

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 20:37 Quote
That's basically how it went down...

"Aw man, I really need to swap this chain, and I definitely need to fix that cable housing while I'm at it...

... you know what, f*ck this derailleur cable bullshit, it's 2019... I wonder how much I can score some AXS for!"
lol

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 8:24 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
That's basically how it went down...

"Aw man, I really need to swap this chain, and I definitely need to fix that cable housing while I'm at it...

... you know what, f*ck this derailleur cable bullshit, it's 2019... I wonder how much I can score some AXS for!"
lol

Sounds legit. This fact and the six month on review was on the money, enough to make me seriously consider it for my next bike.

Be good to hear your feedback once you've used it for a while.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 8:32 Quote
Canadians, this is the funniest shit I've seen for a while. I now need to watch the entire show, from the beginning.

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 8:38 Quote
How do you charge it? Battery pack you remove or plug bike in. How long does charge last ?

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 9:11 Quote
MHY wrote:
Canadians, this is the funniest shit I've seen for a while. I now need to watch the entire show, from the beginning.

Aside from the beachcombers, it could very well be Canada's best foray into televised entertainment.

(Although SCTV introduced the world to more amazing comedians than just about any show ever. )

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 9:22 Quote
BBLB on the slippery path to playing Bingo five nights a week...

1. moves to the sealevel land of no hills
2. a bike ride is now a paved path beside the beach wearing a banana hammock, shaved chest extra moisturized and glistening in the setting Florida sun.
3. buys e-shifty gizmo for full squish bike to enhance experience on previously mentioned paved path
4. e-shifty is so nifty he decides that an e-urban-upright-cruiser-bike is where it's at for sunset paved path pursuits
5. Florida humidity is relentless... BBLB starts feeling vertigo in the heat... trades in e-bike for an e-mobility aid power scooter to peruse the isles of WalMart without fear of falling over
6. Bingo Nights are Alright!

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 9:27 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
BBLB on the slippery path to playing Bingo five nights a week...

1. moves to the sealevel land of no hills
2. a bike ride is now a paved path beside the beach wearing a banana hammock, shaved chest extra moisturized and glistening in the setting Florida sun.
3. buys e-shifty gizmo for full squish bike to enhance experience on previously mentioned paved path
4. e-shifty is so nifty he decides that an e-urban-upright-cruiser-bike is where it's at for sunset paved path pursuits
5. Florida humidity is relentless... BBLB starts feeling vertigo in the heat... trades in e-bike for an e-mobility aid power scooter to peruse the isles of WalMart without fear of falling over
6. Bingo Nights are Alright!

You may note that he had a golf cart parked in the background of the photo.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 10:27 Quote
obee1 wrote:
MHY wrote:

Aside from the beachcombers, it could very well be Canada's best foray into televised entertainment.

(Although SCTV introduced the world to more amazing comedians than just about any show ever. )

It is very funny, so much so that i'm going to order the DVD boxset. Yeah, old skool, but it'll be worth it.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 10:42 Quote
MHY wrote:
obee1 wrote:
MHY wrote:

Just come to Canada and this will be your life...?
It is very funny, so much so that i'm going to order the DVD boxset. Yeah, old skool, but it'll be worth it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.072442
Mobile Version of Website