Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Author Message
Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 12:55 Quote
Don’t be such a hater Jake.
2-1/4 years from now when I turn 50 I’m going to shuttle the $hit out of all the DH areas on my 29er, 180/170mm E-Free bike.
I’m trade marking E-Free right now for E-bikes over 170mm of travel rocking Fox 38 forks.
(Or new RockShox Totem’s cuz they won’t just let Fox have those sales.)
RockShox: Fox 38 you say?
Rockshox: Hold my beer.
RockShox: Introducing the new Boost Totem!

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 13:26 Quote
obee1 wrote:
MHY wrote:
Canadians, this is the funniest shit I've seen for a while. I now need to watch the entire show, from the beginning.


Aside from the beachcombers, it could very well be Canada's best foray into televised entertainment.

(Although SCTV introduced the world to more amazing comedians than just about any show ever. )

It’s a documentary, not a comedy. That’s life in rural Ontario.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 13:28 Quote
husstler wrote:
obee1 wrote:
MHY wrote:
Canadians, this is the funniest shit I've seen for a while. I now need to watch the entire show, from the beginning.


Aside from the beachcombers, it could very well be Canada's best foray into televised entertainment.

(Although SCTV introduced the world to more amazing comedians than just about any show ever. )

It’s a documentary, not a comedy. That’s life in rural Ontario.

I want to be there. It's spread like wildfire, i've shared a couple of vids and now loads of guys in my unit are watching it on YT!

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 15:17 Quote
Canadian comedians have been making the masses laugh for decades. Don’t take my word for it, just google all time Canadian comedians. There’s a lot of damn funny people from up here.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 16:12 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
BBLB on the slippery path to playing Bingo five nights a week...

1. moves to the sealevel land of no hills
2. a bike ride is now a paved path beside the beach wearing a banana hammock, shaved chest extra moisturized and glistening in the setting Florida sun.
3. buys e-shifty gizmo for full squish bike to enhance experience on previously mentioned paved path
4. e-shifty is so nifty he decides that an e-urban-upright-cruiser-bike is where it's at for sunset paved path pursuits
5. Florida humidity is relentless... BBLB starts feeling vertigo in the heat... trades in e-bike for an e-mobility aid power scooter to peruse the isles of WalMart without fear of falling over
6. Bingo Nights are Alright!
When in Rome...

Letterkenny is f*cking awesome. Berta beef.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 16:32 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:
BBLB on the slippery path to playing Bingo five nights a week...

1. moves to the sealevel land of no hills
2. a bike ride is now a paved path beside the beach wearing a banana hammock, shaved chest extra moisturized and glistening in the setting Florida sun.
3. buys e-shifty gizmo for full squish bike to enhance experience on previously mentioned paved path
4. e-shifty is so nifty he decides that an e-urban-upright-cruiser-bike is where it's at for sunset paved path pursuits
5. Florida humidity is relentless... BBLB starts feeling vertigo in the heat... trades in e-bike for an e-mobility aid power scooter to peruse the isles of WalMart without fear of falling over
6. Bingo Nights are Alright!
When in Rome...

Letterkenny is f*cking awesome. Berta beef.

That sketch is awesome, so many good sequences of dialogue.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 20:58 Quote
Letterkenny wow I think I have watched 4 or 5 seasons now and some of it is so funny and some I will not be able to explain to an American and a British as they had an episode where the main characters meet their doppleganger from Quebec and it is so funny.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 21:05 Quote
jerome wrote:
Letterkenny wow I think I have watched 4 or 5 seasons now and some of it is so funny and some I will not be able to explain to an American and a British as they had an episode where the main characters meet their doppleganger from Quebec and it is so funny.

The Canada goose and golf course episode was one of my favourites

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 21:22 Quote
jerome wrote:
Letterkenny wow I think I have watched 4 or 5 seasons now and some of it is so funny and some I will not be able to explain to an American and a British as they had an episode where the main characters meet their doppleganger from Quebec and it is so funny.

Aye, some stuff has gone over my head, but on the whole, f*cking funny.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 8:01 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
husstler wrote:
AXS is cool to me because it’s actually different, for more money. Not like pay more, get a marginal and incremental weight savings. More like pay more, get something that’s a technological leap over the cheaper stuff.
It really is a significant improvement. I've ridden X01 and XX1 mechanical and I honestly wouldn't spend the money over GX for mechanical. I got the AXS for less than mechanical would've cost me and it's an immediately noticeable improvement. Push the button, instant shift. I remember Levy or somebody did a review talking about how you don't realize it but you adapt to pushing a little bit past the click on mechanical and holding it a second to get it to shift but you do it subconsciously without thinking about it and it's really true, just tapping the button riding around the block and having it instantly responded with no hesitation or extra lever throw is something you don't think you'll really notice that becomes immediately obvious as soon as you're not dealing with it anymore.

Highly recommend if you score a deal or wanna throw the money at it.


I’m absolutely in love with my AXS stuff. So impressed with its feel.

And no more cables!

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 12:30 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
jerome wrote:
Letterkenny wow I think I have watched 4 or 5 seasons now and some of it is so funny and some I will not be able to explain to an American and a British as they had an episode where the main characters meet their doppleganger from Quebec and it is so funny.

The Canada goose and golf course episode was one of my favourites

There are some many gems in that series, it's hard to describe people who haven't watched it.

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 6:38 Quote
MHY wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:
BBLB on the slippery path to playing Bingo five nights a week...

1. moves to the sealevel land of no hills
2. a bike ride is now a paved path beside the beach wearing a banana hammock, shaved chest extra moisturized and glistening in the setting Florida sun.
3. buys e-shifty gizmo for full squish bike to enhance experience on previously mentioned paved path
4. e-shifty is so nifty he decides that an e-urban-upright-cruiser-bike is where it's at for sunset paved path pursuits
5. Florida humidity is relentless... BBLB starts feeling vertigo in the heat... trades in e-bike for an e-mobility aid power scooter to peruse the isles of WalMart without fear of falling over
6. Bingo Nights are Alright!
When in Rome...

Letterkenny is f*cking awesome. Berta beef.

That sketch is awesome, so many good sequences of dialogue.
You should watch / listen to B A Johnston. Also a very good bit of Canadian haha.

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 6:55 Quote
ok this weekend is the trophy of nations on the enduro world circuit and my friend Jennifer McHugh from Fernie is racing with Miranda Miller and Andreane Lanthier Nadeau representing Canada and they have a good chance at podium and a rainbow jersey!
I am super excited for her, I hope they do well!!!!


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027506
Mobile Version of Website