Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 18:45 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Axxe wrote:
Well. I am out of electricity shit down area. That is good.

Ours is suppose to go down at 8 tonight. We'll see.
California, the state that wants to tell the rest of the country how to run shit... also the state that can't figure out how to keep the lights on without burning itself down.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 18:45 Quote
Sshredder wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
It’s MTB, everything is $200 CAD now.
Shoes= 200
Carbon bar= 200
Pedals= 180-200
Broduro helmet= 200
Everything is around $200 CAD.

Freaking no joke.

But for me... I think I paid $40 for my last pair or riding shoes. I ride in Giro Jackets. If I wasn't... I'd still be riding in whatever old vans I have sitting around.... or buying bargain bin Vans for $40. So for me... riding shoes... no more than $50 makes sense. LOL!

I did just give my brother my Deity T-Mac's so now I'm gonna have to buy a new pair. Purple!
It's a great feeling giving spare parts to a friend that needs them .
Yeah this year's got to have them parts 200$ then a year goes by and it's half price. Then I buy Smile
Purple will never go out of style.

Wait til you see this bike when I'm done. It's gonna be sick.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 18:47 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
Axxe wrote:

California, the state that wants to tell the rest of the country how to run shit... also the state that can't figure out how to keep the lights on without burning itself down.

I'm convinced it's something else. Humidity is good right now. Temps are down. Wind is down. There's literally no reason to turn off the power in Santa Cruz county right now.

They'll probably use the loss of money and "increased maintenance/safety costs" as a reason to increase rates and then keep them there. I mean hey... what's the point of just maintaining shit correctly. This state is the land of no time to do it right but plenty of time to do it every year half assed forever.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 18:51 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

I'm convinced it's something else. Humidity is good right now. Temps are down. Wind is down. There's literally no reason to turn off the power in Santa Cruz county right now.

They'll probably use the loss of money and "increased maintenance/safety costs" as a reason to increase rates and then keep them there. I mean hey... what's the point of just maintaining shit correctly. This state is the land of no time to do it right but plenty of time to do it every year half assed forever.
They're doing it to create public outrage to then turn around and implement a tax for infrastructure improvements that will, like all the other taxes, go into the general fund and get misappropriated. Guarantee you see a new tax on the ballot in two years or less.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 19:17 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
Axxe wrote:

This is beyond insane.

And I also wanted to buy a couple more jerry cans to keep extra gas for portable generator and learned that no one ships proper cans to C A. Needs some insane non working spout shit and no bent hole. WTF?

Found someone selling proper cans as “liquid jugs”.

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 19:23 Quote
I work in the utility industry and from what I have heard is some private property owners won’t alow trimming next to the overhead lines so they shut the power down. Seems extreme and I could be wrong in the reasoning.

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 19:29 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
Axxe wrote:

Plugging a few more Teslas in should fix that right up. System overload must be a factor too, no?

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 19:32 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
I work in the utility industry and from what I have heard is some private property owners won’t alow trimming next to the overhead lines so they shut the power down. Seems extreme and I could be wrong in the reasoning.
That was the excuse given but, legally, you actually can't refuse access for utility maintenance in CA so it's bullshit. SoCal Edison failed to maintain some equipment and were responsible for starting the Woolsey Fire last year and that was the story they've been putting out in their defense but it'll get shit on once it goes to court next year.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 19:35 Quote
husstler wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

Plugging a few more Teslas in should fix that right up. System overload must be a factor too, no?
Rolling brownouts has been a common occurrence in CA for decades now during the summer months when it gets hot and everybody runs their AC. Honestly, the infrastructure in the state is a complete joke for how much money they take in and how many people are there. They keep diverting funds and it always comes back to bite them in the ass but idiot voters continually vote for more corrupt democrats and the cycle continues. Billions were given to the state to CA for repairing dams and reservoirs and just a few years later it was found that none of it was actually used to fix that shit when there was a crisis with the Oroville spillway that threatened a bunch of homes and people. The whole state is a joke as far as the mismanagement goes... and the voter base is so uneducated there's zero chance of it turning around anytime soon.

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 19:50 Quote
husstler wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

The power needed to charge electric vehicles quickly is ridiculous. Site C will be needed to deal with electric cars and grow-ops in bc. The sudden load increase is going to be a major challenge in the next few years.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 19:54 Quote
They should just build a few coal and gas burning electrical plants to keep the electric cars going... and keep evil gas burning cars off the road.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 20:03 Quote
Nuclear energy.

All you need to know about “climate change” apocalypse bullshitters is their opposition to nuclear energy. Science my ass.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 20:06 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:

Nah that’s like 2 percent but I wouldn’t be surprised that that’s how they’re spinning it.

Me and everyone on my street... still waiting for them to come trim trees.

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 20:08 Quote
Yep I agree nuclear power is the best option at the moment.

Not sure how much money is spent on nuclear reactor research but I bet we are still working off of 1970’s tech

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 20:35 Quote
Axxe wrote:
Nuclear energy.

All you need to know about “climate change” apocalypse bullshitters is their opposition to nuclear energy. Science my ass.

Denying the science behind climate change. Yikes...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.065446
Mobile Version of Website