Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 18:13 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Who here had done custom shimstack tuning?
I've done a bit just through trial and error knowing what I wanted it to accomplish but not enough to really be helpful in terms of giving advice. Only tip I could offer is pull it apart and stare at while you drink some beers and think about how the fluid is moving through the piston and how you want to change it's ability to flow. I swapped out a few smaller diameter secondary shims for larger diameter towards the back of the stack and I managed to go from having my compression damping almost maxed out to running it about 1/3rd of the way in but I wouldn't be shocked if a pro opened it up and had a wtf moment looking at my stack. Accomplished my goal though.

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 18:36 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Who here had done custom shimstack tuning?
I've done a bit just through trial and error knowing what I wanted it to accomplish but not enough to really be helpful in terms of giving advice. Only tip I could offer is pull it apart and stare at while you drink some beers and think about how the fluid is moving through the piston and how you want to change it's ability to flow. I swapped out a few smaller diameter secondary shims for larger diameter towards the back of the stack and I managed to go from having my compression damping almost maxed out to running it about 1/3rd of the way in but I wouldn't be shocked if a pro opened it up and had a wtf moment looking at my stack. Accomplished my goal though.
I'm looking to only f*ck with the rebound on my rv1. Only the last 3 clocks do anything and the jumps between are very large. Hoping to move the end of the distance movement towards the middle. I have a basic understanding but not enough to figure out the best way to go about it.

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 18:41 Quote
Had to put my dog down today. She went from the picture of health to complete shutdown of major systems in two days.

Only nine years old too. We rescued her from people that abandoned her in an apartment for almost a month. Needless to say she was a basket case for her entire life, as much as we tried to make her confident and relaxed. But still, always gentle with my kids and anyone that was "one of us".

That was a good dog, guys. I'll miss her.

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 18:43 Quote
husstler wrote:
Had to put my dog down today. She went from the picture of health to complete shutdown of major systems in two days.

Only nine years old too. We rescued her from people that abandoned her in an apartment for almost a month. Needless to say she was a basket case for her entire life, as much as we tried to make her confident and relaxed. But still, always gentle with my kids and anyone that was "one of us".

Sorry to hear friend, losing a pet can be very hard. Same thing happened with my exes did at 2 years old.

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 19:10 Quote
husstler wrote:

tough loss. very sorry for your loss. losing pets can be harder than losing close friends or acquaintances. hug your fam, spoil your kids, celebrate the good times.

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 19:12 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Only 1,200 missed posts!! How you f*ckers been?

Hope you’ve been busy savouring life! Tell what’s been happening in the real world...

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 19:19 Quote
husstler wrote:

So sorry Huss. Sounds like she had a wonderful ride with you while it lasted.

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 19:23 Quote

nothing better than putting in creativity and serious effort on a prank that you don't even get to see unfold.
well, i guess you do get to witness the results, but yall know what i mean.

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 20:43 Quote
husstler wrote:

f*ck bro, really sorry for your loss. That's hard. Any idea if she got into something toxic like onions or grapes or sago seeds?

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 20:51 Quote
Oh no. That's too bad Mr Brett. Please take it easy, let your family do it's job and look out for one another.

Be careful crossing the street and all that. Distracted will you be.

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 21:31 Quote
Damn husstler, sorry for your loss.

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 22:22 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
husstler wrote:

f*ck bro, really sorry for your loss. That's hard. Any idea if she got into something toxic like onions or grapes or sago seeds?

Nothing toxic, and the vet said it didn't seem like that either.

Its eerily quiet in the house. I'm expecting a snout to let me know its time to let her out.

Thanks boys. This dog was a lot of work, but she was worth it

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 22:44 Quote
That sucks man never easy.

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 22:56 Quote
husstler wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
husstler wrote:

Nothing toxic, and the vet said it didn't seem like that either.

Its eerily quiet in the house. I'm expecting a snout to let me know its time to let her out.

Thanks boys. This dog was a lot of work, but she was worth it
Also which vet do you go to?

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 7:02 Quote
Sad to hear BrettFrown
Rip puppers!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032742
Mobile Version of Website