Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 15:35 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Option 3
Take the parts you can use and throw them on the Chamaeleon. Run it with 2.6 tires max, wider tires get all squirrelly when driving it hard in corners. Speak from experience on this one.
Then bend over and sell the frame and parts you can’t use for what you can get.
Reality is if you don’t follow the trends and hold onto bikes for more than 2 years you will never get what you feel they are worth.
27.5 tires became a thing, sold my 26” Devinci Dixon right away.
Boost was becoming a thing, sold my HD3 right away.
29” insurgence and new 29 Slayer dropping this fall, sold my 27.5 one in the spring for decent money. As much as we all know there’s absolutely nothing wrong with our current ride when it comes time to sell buyers will always look at the newest bits first.
Don’t get too attached to any possession, just flip it and move on.

That's why I was considering the mullet move. Makes it somewhat current again.

But yeah I waited about a year too long to sell it because the new frames came out. But I would have felt horrible if I sold it without riding it. I bought it. Was in the process of building it... blew up my hand.... then it sat. Finally built it and started riding it and the new frame came out with solid mounts. That hosed me for sure.

The entire bike is pretty much brand new. LOL!

I've been trying to ride other bikes since I listed it to keep miles off it. Road it twice since I put the new suspension on it. One was a shuttle loop, the other a local trail run. Talking 20 miles on the suspension.

But I was just talking to my co-worker about this.... What would be the downside to riding it with 2.6's front and rear and running a 27.5 fork on it? Thinking if I run the drop outs farther back and run a 140 or even 150 fork on it the geo would be pretty close to what they intended and I'd be able to use my 27.5 fork I really want to use. Bottom bracket be a couple mm low but that's bout it.

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 15:36 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Have you tried Ebay? Honestly, as big as pinkbike is it's a tiny audience comparatively speaking. Before going crazy trying to get it sold here I'd definitely suggest going that route.

Thought about this too but I don't have an account. Think people would be willing to buy a high dollar item like that from someone without any reviews?

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 16:11 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Have you tried Ebay? Honestly, as big as pinkbike is it's a tiny audience comparatively speaking. Before going crazy trying to get it sold here I'd definitely suggest going that route.

Thought about this too but I don't have an account. Think people would be willing to buy a high dollar item like that from someone without any reviews?
They might be put off by that but maybe not of you just acknowledge being new to Ebay and link to your pinkbike account page so they know it's not a scammer situation. Worth a shot anyway... I only have have 90 or 100 feedback on Ebay and I've never had any trouble selling shit.

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 20:21 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Only 1,200 missed posts!! How you f*ckers been?

Lol a unicorn getting it on with a dolphin haha.
Love your avatar dude.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 15:07 Quote
sucks Huss..... keep your snout up... Frown

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 20:34 Quote
Sucks to you Canada. Sucks to you

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 20:40 Quote
Ummmm???? My life is pretty darn freakin amazing.

Hope yours is too... if not, change it.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 21:28 Quote
You don’t follow elections I guess.

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 21:30 Quote
Minority government not a bad thing necessarily.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 21:50 Quote
When they are led by a rotten moron they are.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 21:54 Quote
we should change the name of this thread to boring old ass f*cks who don't post anything rad any more and sit around and bitch about politics.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 22:03 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
we should change the name of this thread to boring old ass f*cks who don't post anything rad any more and sit around and bitch about politics.

You're not wrong.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.043021
Mobile Version of Website