Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 8:46 Quote
Cabin in the woods looks glorious! Walking out to the pooper in the snow to let out last night’s burrito... less glorious.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 9:54 Quote

Been up making cool shit!

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 9:58 Quote
You famous Yo!!! MMBTS giving you props on the insta! Like cash in the bank but without the wealth!!!!

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 10:28 Quote
There we f*ckin go! Rad.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 10:32 Quote
So much trail envy, there's nothing like that within hundreds of miles of me. I'm really gonna need to start basing my traveling around riding.

What do you guys use for bike bag/case when flying?

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 11:04 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
So much trail envy, there's nothing like that within hundreds of miles of me. I'm really gonna need to start basing my traveling around riding.

What do you guys use for bike bag/case when flying?

I like the Dakine one. Mainly just make sure it's got individual pockets.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 12:02 Quote
Only time I've flown with a bike I used a cardboard bike box, never again. Fricken box had holes in it when I picked it up like they used a forklift to move it.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 12:24 Quote
Sorry to say it BBLB. But I don't travel with bike ever. I just stay around here and ride.

Pics are of a cabin we built on crown land. About 12 years ago. It's a bit of a responsibility. Lots of folks come to a cabin once it exists. And they shit. And if we don't keep it up and the outhouse becomes full, there will be shit and shit tickets all over the place.

So a bit like the magician's apprentice, we got it going, and now we are on the hook to keep it up.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 12:58 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
Sorry to say it BBLB. But I don't travel with bike ever. I just stay around here and ride.

Pics are of a cabin we built on crown land. About 12 years ago. It's a bit of a responsibility. Lots of folks come to a cabin once it exists. And they shit. And if we don't keep it up and the outhouse becomes full, there will be shit and shit tickets all over the place.

So a bit like the magician's apprentice, we got it going, and now we are on the hook to keep it up.

Years ago on Whistler I was riding with some locals and they took me to the coolest cabin tree fort ever. it was built around, way up a big tree. loaded "water pipe" and benches for sleeping / sitting all around it. At the time I marveled at the amount of work it must have taken to get the materials up there and construct it so far out of the way.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 13:03 Quote
leverfingers wrote:

We just did the same with our sled club cabin. Shitter was full to the top.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 13:04 Quote
leverfingers wrote:

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 18:28 Quote
d-man wrote:
leverfingers wrote:

What do you do then? Dig new hole? Build a new shitter? Burn down the old one?

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 18:58 Quote
Nuke it from orbit. The only way to be sure.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036265
Mobile Version of Website