Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 19:26 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
Only 1,200 missed posts!! How you f*ckers been?

Lol a unicorn getting it on with a dolphin haha.
Love your avatar dude.

Thanks playa!!

Huss. Sorry to hear about the dog. Putting Iceberg with the nice words was the worst thing I have had to do.

BBLB. Your fault for moving to FL!! Come hang soon!!

Shred. Sell now!!

Lever, have the insta boys messed with you yet for me???

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 20:02 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
So much trail envy, there's nothing like that within hundreds of miles of me. I'm really gonna need to start basing my traveling around riding.

What do you guys use for bike bag/case when flying?

I like the Dakine one. Mainly just make sure it's got individual pockets.
Dakine bike bag here as well. Fit a large 27.5 fine with room to spare.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 20:50 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
So much trail envy, there's nothing like that within hundreds of miles of me. I'm really gonna need to start basing my traveling around riding.

What do you guys use for bike bag/case when flying?

You think you’d fit a longer wheelbase 29r in there?

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 21:20 Quote
We’ve got an Evoc one and it works... don’t know anything different so can’t say whether it’s good or bad.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 21:23 Quote
husstler wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

I don’t see why not. Length didn’t seem to be too tight. What bike? I can check the length vs mine.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 21:27 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
husstler wrote:
urinalmint wrote:

I don’t see why not. Length didn’t seem to be too tight. What bike? I can check the length vs mine.

Process 153 29 with a -2 degree headset. About 1260mm wheelbase ... though removing the fork would be possible too.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 21:31 Quote
husstler wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
husstler wrote:

Process 153 29 with a -2 degree headset. About 1260mm wheelbase ... though removing the fork would be possible too.
I've seen very large dh bikes fit in the evoc bags without issue.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 21:45 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
husstler wrote:
urinalmint wrote:

All good to know. It's such a long winter here and there are a lot of deals on flights to AZ.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 22:20 Quote
husstler wrote:
d-man wrote:
leverfingers wrote:
Sorry to say it BBLB. But I don't travel with bike ever. I just stay around here and ride.

Pics are of a cabin we built on crown land. About 12 years ago. It's a bit of a responsibility. Lots of folks come to a cabin once it exists. And they shit. And if we don't keep it up and the outhouse becomes full, there will be shit and shit tickets all over the place.

So a bit like the magician's apprentice, we got it going, and now we are on the hook to keep it up.
We just did the same with our sled club cabin. Shitter was full to the top.

What do you do then? Dig new hole? Build a new shitter? Burn down the old one?
Pretty much , Capped the old pit with a huge rock with the help of a mini ex, and burnt the building. Dug new hole and built built new shack.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 22:27 Quote
Got to ride a trust fork tonight, buddy has it mounted to a Spec. Enduro, I think I want one. It is very different, one big thing was no Bob when climbing.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 22:41 Quote
husstler wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
husstler wrote:

All good to know. It's such a long winter here and there are a lot of deals on flights to AZ.
Had the same thoughts. We just booked flights and an Airbnb in Phoenix for a week in March.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 22:44 Quote
d-man wrote:
Got to ride a trust fork tonight, buddy has it mounted to a Spec. Enduro, I think I want one. It is very different, one big thing was no Bob when climbing.

Well you rather then me. I never ridden with 1, but they for sure are not as good looking as normal forks.
Also I dont think it will be very good for downhill racing, so not interested in it.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 22:56 Quote
We’re in the south for six months chasing sun other than a ski trip back home for a few weeks in the new year...

We’ll be in Utah for another week maybe as long as the weather holds... Nevada and Arizona up next. Will keep an eye out for old farts in the desert Southwest.

Made an awesome ragtag random gang of eight canuckistanian old schoolers today to get crispy together riding bikes under the sun in Moab followed by copious Mexican... nomnomnom

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 22:56 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
husstler wrote:
urinalmint wrote:

Hmm, 1260 is significantly longer than my patrol. I'm away right now but I can measure it when I get back home. I bought the Dakine bag for $500 locally a couple years ago. At the time a comparable Evoc, was around $700 at MEC. The Dakine bag is really solid and well thought out. My buddy has the Evoc XL and I was equally impressed with that bag as well.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 23:20 Quote
Lever... that cabin you built with your spare time and money is a absolute dream palace... even without plumbing!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025578
Mobile Version of Website