Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 23:48 Quote
Joe don't Ya know that I wouldn't even know if the "insta boys" are messing with me. I do not pay attention to the social medias.

The shit shack. When the shit is about 5 feet below ground level, you got to start again. You dig a new hole, somewhere else. You move the old shack onto the new hole. And fill in the old hole. Less than about 4 or 5 feet of dirt on top of a shit pit is the minimum.

For some reason, when people die, other people want to help. So when my friend Chris was killed in an avalanche, his widow ended up with quite a bit of cash. They had no kids and Chris was insured. So there was extra money. And Chris always wanted a cabin. And Chris and all of his friends are either helicopter pilots or construction guys. So the cabin is a beauty. On crown land. Open for all people. I rarely spend the night, but I have been up there a bunch over the years for day trippin.

Snow and winter. I love it a lot.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 23:58 Quote
husstler wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:
The rampage trickle is looking insane! And the gals Formation jam was unreal. Just realized I haven’t posted a single image of our visit to the rampage site earlier this year. Total luck this dude knocked on our trailer door in the middle of the desert... then things got nutty!

mysticmountainadventures.com Copyright Jacob Johnson Not for use or publication without written permission explicitly granted

What in the fuuu?

Looks like photoshopped for me.

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 6:23 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
husstler wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:
The rampage trickle is looking insane! And the gals Formation jam was unreal. Just realized I haven’t posted a single image of our visit to the rampage site earlier this year. Total luck this dude knocked on our trailer door in the middle of the desert... then things got nutty!

mysticmountainadventures.com Copyright Jacob Johnson Not for use or publication without written permission explicitly granted

What in the fuuu?

Dude you serious or trying to be funny? You're in for some tough love if you are just here to spout off at others posts.

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 8:18 Quote
d-man wrote:
Tripmo wrote:
husstler wrote:

What in the fuuu?

Dude you serious or trying to be funny? You're in for some tough love if you are just here to spout off at others posts.

Photoshopped as it touched up some color or light possibly. Photoshoped as in it didn't happen it might be time to leave.

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 9:42 Quote
So nobody has to guess...

I don’t own photoshop. So nothing a shoot is photoshopped.

My photos generally have a clean vibrant appearance that not everyone likes because beauty really is in the eye.......

If your camera or phone shoots a JPG image there is an algorithm in there that adjusts the colours etc and interprets how it might look best automatically. It guesses at what would make a pleasing image.

Folks who shoot as enthusiasts or as professionals will generally shoot RAW. This means the camera has interpreted nothing. And the image needs to be processed in software such as Lightroom. I indeed use Lightroom to process my RAW images to adjust exposure, highlights, shadows, contrast, etc. It’s for all intents a virtual darkroom. It does not offer photo manipulation tools.

My style isn’t for everyone and that’s what makes it a style.

Besides that... whoever doesn’t like it is just wrong.

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:

My photos generally have a clean vibrant appearance that not everyone likes because beauty really is in the eye.......

If your camera or phone shoots a JPG image there is an algorithm in there that adjusts the colours etc and interprets how it might look best automatically. It guesses at what would make a pleasing image.

Folks who shoot as enthusiasts or as professionals will generally shoot RAW. This means the camera has interpreted nothing. And the image needs to be processed in software such as Lightroom. I indeed use Lightroom to process my RAW images to adjust exposure, highlights, shadows, contrast, etc. It’s for all intents a virtual darkroom. It does not offer photo manipulation tools.

You're images are always top level, thanks for sharing them.

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 10:45 Quote
^^+1

I will have to check out lightroom not that I have a camera worth using it with might be worth playing around with.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 10:53 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:

Photoshops internal raw set up is pretty darned good now too. Biggest benefit to Lightroom these days to me is file management.

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 11:00 Quote
Love the photos that Jake puts up here.
As a unicyclist, I wouldn't be trying that!!
Still get the Yike out every so often after a few glasses of wine or whatever...
Pure entertainment.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 11:02 Quote
There is a cat in Bellingham that rides Uni mtb like a crazed madman. No matter what the weather is like he can be seen shirtless and padded up jamming around. I have seen him up at Galbraith in the snow FFS same... no shirt ripping it up.

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 11:21 Quote
I’m pretty sure Photoshop is the superior tool... I sorta stick to Lightroom because I’m old and like things simple... and it’s also nice to be able to difinitively say “no it’s not photoshopped”.

I think the entire adobe creative suite is like pennies more than buying just Lightroom so it’s purely out of spite and stigma that I don’t own photoshop and the rest of it.

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 12:43 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:

This is the truth. Bud, your style is badass.

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 12:47 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:

This is the truth. Bud, your style is badass.

Damn double posting phone!!!

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 13:25 Quote
There was a guy in Fontana that would run the DH courses on a uni... f*cking nuts imo, I have zero interest in one wheel action, but damn impressive to see someone manage it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.131615
Mobile Version of Website