Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 17:35 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
There was a guy in Fontana that would run the DH courses on a uni... f*cking nuts imo, I have zero interest in one wheel action, but damn impressive to see someone manage it.

There was one at the kona shop the guys mess with... they pressured me into trying it.... literally one revolution and I nutted myself.... those things are satan

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 18:04 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
So nobody has to guess...

I don’t own photoshop. So nothing a shoot is photoshopped.

My photos generally have a clean vibrant appearance that not everyone likes because beauty really is in the eye.......

If your camera or phone shoots a JPG image there is an algorithm in there that adjusts the colours etc and interprets how it might look best automatically. It guesses at what would make a pleasing image.

Folks who shoot as enthusiasts or as professionals will generally shoot RAW. This means the camera has interpreted nothing. And the image needs to be processed in software such as Lightroom. I indeed use Lightroom to process my RAW images to adjust exposure, highlights, shadows, contrast, etc. It’s for all intents a virtual darkroom. It does not offer photo manipulation tools.

My style isn’t for everyone and that’s what makes it a style.

Besides that... whoever doesn’t like it is just wrong.

Fair enough, I was wrong then. Because I actually can take you (the uni dude) in that picture and replace it with a bike or car pretty easily using Photoshop (got more then 15 years experience with Photoshop). But I believe you with your feedback you given me. Sorry for my earlier post.

You do shoot high quality pictures though I must admit. Keep it up.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 18:45 Quote
Thanks gents for the kind words!

Truly appreciated but not necessary. I’m ok taking the bad with the good.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 18:47 Quote
Tripmo wrote:

Fair enough, I was wrong then. Because I actually can take you (the uni dude) in that picture and replace it with a bike or car pretty easily using Photoshop (got more then 15 years experience with Photoshop). But I believe you with your feedback you given me. Sorry for my earlier post.

The uni dude is Ryan Kremsater... feel free to check out his skills on the google machine. Maybe message him and let him know he’s not that great.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 18:58 Quote
Gawd damn heavy day old boys.... I have been gearing up to fix my house up for sale and head back down to the urban hell hole due to the hers unhappiness with the Ham. We were planning on buying what was going to be a helluva lot more expensive home... only to find out my employment days are numbered this afternoon...

Everything happens for a reason but for now it’s just a little hard to swallow.

Lets hope for a positive outcome. Now I dig in my heels and go full on to make a little profit on the current dwelling.

Shred I come live with you lol

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 19:01 Quote
Oh shit, I’m sorry sterling. If you need anything please let me know. I’ll do my best to help, I got your back.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 19:05 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
Oh shit, I’m sorry sterling. If you need anything please let me know. I’ll do my best to help, I got your back.

Yeah Sterl, I think we all do!

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 19:12 Quote
Cheers... quite a blow time wise but I knew the gig would be up in time. Its family so I will see them out till the finish but it certainly puts a damper on a loan lol press forward to all.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 19:36 Quote
I was just gonna day... don’t you work with Fam?!?!?

Damn that’s tough. You got this Ster!

Everything for a reason... hopefully there’s a darn good reason for this!

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 19:39 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:

Do you need a taster?

I’ll provide a reference for Magnum’s top notch food eating skills!

I recommend providing him with a personal toilet though... you don’t want other staff or customers using his!!!

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 19:57 Quote
Snicker snicker

Yeah.. . A damn good reason would be rad

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 20:08 Quote
Damn Sterling sorry to hear, look at this as a challenge not a defeat. You got skills and drive you'll figure it out.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 20:15 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
Tripmo wrote:

The uni dude is Ryan Kremsater... feel free to check out his skills on the google machine. Maybe message him and let him know he’s not that great.

Lol I never said I doubt his skills. I just find it crazy doing a drop like that on uni.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 20:19 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:

Do you need a taster?

I’ll provide a reference for Magnum’s top notch food eating skills!

I recommend providing him with a personal toilet though... you don’t want other staff or customers using his!!!

At this point he’d be better than the majority of the people I work with and I trust him a hell of a lot more than most...

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 22:57 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Gawd damn heavy day old boys.... I have been gearing up to fix my house up for sale and head back down to the urban hell hole due to the hers unhappiness with the Ham. We were planning on buying what was going to be a helluva lot more expensive home... only to find out my employment days are numbered this afternoon...

Everything happens for a reason but for now it’s just a little hard to swallow.

Lets hope for a positive outcome. Now I dig in my heels and go full on to make a little profit on the current dwelling.

Shred I come live with you lol

Always a shitty feeling knowing you’re lively hood is suddenly gone or going. That said give it 4-5 days. Things will feel better after you’ve had time to figure shit out a process it all.
Not sure about your situation but I had a nice severance package to make it easier. Hopefully no panic mode for you.
I had one interview already for a good job in an industry outside of my wheel house. Unfortunately I didn’t get it but not totally surprised. Another interview next week, we’ll see what this one has to offer me.

In the mean time you can’t live with me but we can street squat if I don’t get hired somewhere buy... spring 2020. Lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024187
Mobile Version of Website