Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 5:44 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
... only to find out my employment days are numbered this afternoon...

Everything happens for a reason but for now it’s just a little hard to swallow.

Lets hope for a positive outcome. Now I dig in my heels and go full on to make a little profit on the current dwelling.

Shred I come live with you lol

Sucks, man.
If you have health benefits use them now and get all your dental/health stuff looked after.
Start looking in your field now and get your resume polished.
Hope your downtime is brief.

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 6:27 Quote
Hey all. I’m still around. I’m going through some pretty big life changes. My soon to be ex decided that a boyfriend was more important than her family. I am doing the single dad thing which I don’t mind and am trying to figure out where I fit in the world again. Truth be known it wasn’t a happy marriage after being together 23 years. I’m looking forward to it being off in the distance.

She has finally started to recognize the carnage this has caused and I think the boyfriend didn’t work out. So she is picking up her own pieces and trying to get to a place where we can share custody. We are a ways from that.

Life is ok. There is a lot of life lessons here. Some good. Some I probably didn’t need to know but at the end of the day I just want to be a dad and ride my bike so life is actually pretty simple maybe.

Sterling: sometimes shit is just not ok. Hang in there. Life will be. This is temporary.

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 7:30 Quote
Heck ya Jeff! Sounds like you’re on it... hopefully all for the best for all involved.

It’s a tough time of year for all this stuff. Get out in the sun and surround yourself with good people. Or kittens... surrounding oneself with kittens might be the best thing!

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 8:16 Quote
Jesus Jeff that's rough. My wife's friend is going through nasty separation( moved into our house) and its the kids that seem to take it the worst. Make sure they are ok and understand what's going on.

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 8:33 Quote
wow! I call 2019 the year of the curveball!
I will be happy when 2020 comes around.

so far this year:
-me and the wife are separating after 16 years of marriage and 3 kids
-my job got eliminated
-my old boss doesn't want to pay me as per my employment contract so I am filing a claim to recoup that. He was a friend that begged to come and help him to save his business. I did improve the production line by 19%, I passed a price change that gave him 15% more profit than before and he said I did not meet my employment contract and he is refusing to pay me my performance bonus( it feels like the twilight zone)
-my youngest kid born Xavier wants to be called Emily and referred as a girl and the pronouns she/her. Wow that is a strange one to get used to and she is only 10 years old.
-4 interviews in the last 6 weeks but no jobs yet.
-I can't put the house for sale until both of us have stable work so it probably be until early 2020. I am sleeping in the spare bedroom and I feel like an unwelcome guest around my wife
-I hurt my lower back and I am worried that I am losing flexibility and movement and I can't really afford to pay for a physio right now.
-My wife wants to have joint custody of my dog and this will be a fight that I will fight as she has always been my dog. I'm the one that feeds her walks her and clean the poop so this will be interesting.

On the plus side, I am still riding my bike, I am still trail building and we both came to the realization that our marriage was over at the same time so there was no big blowup, no bad story to explain why it is over. I am hoping we can be reasonable and we can have a separation agreement that will not necessitate heavy cost due to lawyers (it remains to be seen)

I have to pinch myself regularly to make sure I'm still ok as the urge to leave it all behind and start a new life is tempting but I would not see my kids and that's not happening.

Sterling, Shred, Jeff I am sorry you are also going thru some stuff as well. As my good friend told me when I announced I was separating from my wife, keep looking ahead!

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 8:35 Quote
That shit sucks Jeff and Sterling.

Had a buddy go through the same thing a few years ago Jeff it took a bit but he seems to be better for it now.

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 8:49 Quote
Good heavens Fellows....... looks like next year we’ll all be gathering at the f*cked-up-fest...

Hopefully we all pull through these ones. Stay positive its all we can do.

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 8:53 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Good heavens Fellows....... looks like next year we’ll all be gathering at the f*cked-up-fest...

I think by next year it will be the next chapter fest (f*cked up is right now!)

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 8:53 Quote
I’m looking for new employment and living off my fat severance cash now so life’s not too bad. I’ll be fine, no need to be sorry for me.

VJ and Jerome are definitely going through a rougher time with their marriage break ups.
All the best to both on that front.

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 12:15 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Yeah, really. Lotta scars being made here.

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 16:12 Quote
Builds and strengthens character!

Freshly separated and soon to be divorced after 25 years, 4 kids.

For the better for everyone. Kids are older and fine with it. They know how toxic it was.

Nursing some nagging injuries hoping to ride brand new yeti sb100 more once I heal.

Just also ordered new board, boots, and bindings for snowboarding season approaching.

It gets better fellas....

Trust the process. Good luck to all going through the rough.

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 16:46 Quote
Well that sucks Sterling.......but I guess the hand model market is a young man's game nowadays.

You guys have a lot going on. Like shit tons.

Hope all works out for you old bastards.

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 18:30 Quote
Man!
I thought I had stumbled across the "Girls Definitely Still Suck" thread!

Tough times economically are often the straw that breaks the back of a weak relationship.
It is a grind, but you guys will get through it. I did but without the kidlets. Was a tough enough go as is so I can only imagine what it is like when the wheels come off the relationship when kids are involved.

Better days....

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 21:00 Quote
f*ck bros!!!!! Heavy shit!
Nothing but respect for keeping a cool head through any of that.

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 21:02 Quote
For sure, best of luck guys.

I just found out that my brother in law was let go from his job today. Seems to be going around lately. Brutal,

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.045616
Mobile Version of Website