Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Nov 5, 2019 at 20:41 Quote
On a lighter note.
Look mom... the little trail we built in Vernon has gone viral.

They went back. Done properly...

VJ's fresh new line too.

Posted: Nov 5, 2019 at 21:01 Quote
billbek wrote:
Sorry to hear that. Was he the man from Victoria?

A little bit farther north on the island. Murray.

Posted: Nov 7, 2019 at 20:04 Quote
100+ missed posts and... Sorry to hear about all professional and personal struggles happening. Must be the season, spent the last few weeks with my old man having some serious physical and cognitive issues... he suffered a small stroke, had some serious prescription interaction, spent a couple weeks in the ICU. Finally seems to be turning the corner but this holiday season is starting off pretty shitty all around.

Big Dion, welcome back! Missed you bro!

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 16:27 Quote
So I've just caught up on the plethora of posts. And I've just sat here and cried, I'm not to proud too admit it. This weekend is always heavy for me, and your stories were the icing in the cake. But, I needed it, needed to let it out. I'm sorry that you're going on through some chop and I truly wish I could do something to ease the discomfort.

Life is an absolute bitch sometimes, unrelenting an vicious. But somehow we manage to pull through, just keep talking and sharing because community and family will always help.

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 16:39 Quote
MHY wrote:
Life is an absolute bitch sometimes, unrelenting an viscous. But somehow we manage to pull through, just keep talking and sharing because community and family will always help.
Amen to that brother

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 18:12 Quote
wrote:

Thanks pal good to b back. Maybe I will start up our old tradition of me calling u all drunk up at Christmas!!

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 18:22 Quote
well hell....rook the last two weeks off from work to get the outside buttoned up with the good weather in town.... no rain until maybe tomorrow.... just need about two more days and all the exterior will be buttoned up with siding, trim, and paint... along with numerous other shanky shit I needed to repair or replace...previous owners started the exterior but left every high point, soffit, eve, facia and anything else sketchy for me to deal with. It's been challenging solo save from a day I had my buddy come out and stand on the bottom of a 32 foot ladder stretched so I could reach the high soffits.... here's just a few snaps....

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 18:27 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
100+ missed posts and... Sorry to hear about all professional and personal struggles happening. Must be the season, spent the last few weeks with my old man having some serious physical and cognitive issues... he suffered a small stroke, had some serious prescription interaction, spent a couple weeks in the ICU. Finally seems to be turning the corner but this holiday season is starting off pretty shitty all around.

I'm not trying to make light of your situation, but I thought there were two elements to your move to Florida. 1. Being closer to your old man. 2. California is getting nuts.

So, I know from experience, health issues with a parent are absolute shit, but aren't you relieved you're closer? I'm fairly far from my folks now and I am concerned about what the future holds.

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 18:29 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
well hell....rook the last two weeks off from work to get the outside buttoned up with the good weather in town.... no rain until maybe tomorrow.... just need about two more days and all the exterior will be buttoned up with siding, trim, and paint... along with numerous other shanky shit I needed to repair or replace...previous owners started the exterior but left every high point, soffit, eve, facia and anything else sketchy for me to deal with. It's been challenging solo save from a day I had my buddy come out and stand on the bottom of a 32 foot ladder stretched so I could reach the high soffits.... here's just a few snaps....

I like the red!

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 18:30 Quote
That sure is a nice spot Ster! Hopefully you get to savour some more days on the bike after the makeover is done!

Check out the Galby Vories edit over on Vital...

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 18:31 Quote
husstler wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

I like the red!

thanks me too... pretty col water based solid stain... hides those boards of many mossy moons....

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 18:32 Quote
will do Jake and Shred next time I'm in Vernon I need to go ride that shit!!!!!

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 19:37 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
will do Jake and Shred next time I'm in Vernon I need to go ride that shit!!!!!

Come on up anytime. I’ll take you to the MTB playground.

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 19:41 Quote
some nice light in the desert southwest

First pic Hurricane Utah... Second pic Las Vegas Nevada

yup
yup

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 21:14 Quote
wrote:
neondion wrote:

Thanks pal good to b back. Maybe I will start up our old tradition of me calling u all drunk up at Christmas!!
Yes! lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.039082
Mobile Version of Website