Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 14:23 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
I beat the f*ck out of my Nomad like I was Chris Brown and Rihanna was on my last nerve and it never failed me... I have faith in modern manufacturing.

im gonna piggyback the sentiment and verify that ike and tina turner would best describe my relationship with the bronson that i own, and its still rollin on a river while i thunderdome my fat ass down hills aplenty.
mtn bikes are very well made. at least the ones ive seen.

my wife owns a trek remedy and its an awesome bike.

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 15:02 Quote
My brother is on a new Bronson. Also a great bike. Things been great for him. Got it like 2 months ago but it’s got a boatload if miles in it. He rides 4-5 days a week sometimes twice a day. 230 pound dude. Only upgrade was me giving him my old transfer post. His was a pos that dropped an inch when he sat on it.... from day 1.

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 15:45 Quote
I Nicole Simpsoned a couple of glory’s, lol

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 15:51 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
Jesus

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 16:37 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
jamezyo wrote:
Jesus

Oh my.

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 18:23 Quote
jamezyo wrote:

i jeffrey epsteined an RM 7.

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 18:51 Quote
Only issue I’ve seen is with the aluminum Trek. Friend here had a Remedy. Pulled it off the tailgate pad after a day of shuttling and there was tiny little dents in the down tube. Another local guy had the down tube actually fold a little on the tailgate pad. The aluminum is obviously very thin in that area.
But hey, they sure are light!
I’m sure the carbon ones are fine.

Crisco definitely do the steel HT thing, HT’s can be so much fun. However skip the plus tires. I went plus on my old HT originally. Fun for monster trucking everything but the side walls just fold to easy when you hammer it into corners. AKA: ride aggressively.
Go 2.6” max and call her done.
That said I have a set of 2.8 HRII’s I used for the plus experiment and snow riding hanging in the shed. I no longer use them. Unless Jerome still wants them for his E-bike.

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 19:34 Quote
[Quote="husstler"]
criscokid25 wrote:
I am taking the "trail bike plunge". But only because my good friends at Marin are really really really good to me. An enduro rig suits my needs for sure but I am hopeful that the new bike will be just as fun. I am also looking super hard at a steel hard tail with plus tires. I am thinking super fun and very practical for coaching.

You're a man of Marin, since that's the case I can recommend a Pine Mtn 2. I have one (previous generation) and it's a sweet

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 19:36 Quote
Sorry. Phone is messing with me. The 2020 Marin Pine mtn 1 looks pretty rad!

https://www.marinbikes.com/ca/bikes/20-pine-mountain-1

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 19:54 Quote
obee1 wrote:
jamezyo wrote:

i jeffrey epsteined an RM 7.

Rear mount 7”?

I am fairly sure I have Pee Wee Herman’d all mine....

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 19:55 Quote
Crisco 29 steel Hardtail for the win.

Rootdown... ahegm Rootdown

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 13:58 Quote

this country is so f*cking full of pussies.
i dont like Don Cherrys approach to hockey and his theatricality never appealed to me. but cancel culture has become so weaponized that no one is safe to express their freedom of speech.
not that Canadians enjoy that right of course...

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 14:48 Quote
obee1 wrote:

i dont like Don Cherrys approach to hockey and his theatricality never appealed to me. but cancel culture has become so weaponized that no one is safe to express their freedom of speech.

I agree with free speech, but if I was the one signing Don Cherrys pay cheques, I would have stopped long ago.

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 15:20 Quote
obee1 wrote:

Isn't it interesting that we live in a time when our TV personalities are held to a higher standard than our Prime Minister?

Active Forum Threads
2 mins ago - Post your Propain!
24 mins ago - Shimano xt - any downsides to metallic pads (vs resin)?
1 hours ago - The morzine-les gets thread
2 hours ago - Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
2 hours ago - Patrol internal cable port cover screws
2 hours ago - REpOrT::gENUINE LOST LOVE SPELLS CASTER IN SANDTON +27761923297 POLOKWANE/MAURITIUS/KENYA/DURBAN/KIMBERLEY
2 hours ago - 100% eFFECTIVE lOST lOVE sPELLS +27761923297 IN GRENADA//PAPUA NEW GUINEA/USA/MALTA/BELGIUM/LOS ANGELS/POLAND/ARGENTINA
2 hours ago - POWERFUL lOST lOVE SpELLS IN SERBIA +27761923297KOSOVO=TEXAS=GEORGIA=ALABAMA=NEW JERSEY=ILLNOIS
2 hours ago - HoW To bRING bACK LOST LOVE +27761923297 IN KEMPTON PARK//PRETORIA//CAPE TOWN//TEMBISA//MIDRAND/RANDBURG/DURBAN
2 hours ago - SpElLs:+27761923297 POWERFUL LOST LOVE SPELLS IN CANADA//NAMIBIA/KENYA/USA/MICHIGAN/JAMAICA/GREECE/ATHENS
2 hours ago - TaG:0027(761923297)LOST LOVE SPELLS IN UK/LONDON/FINLAND/AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND/FLORIDA
2 hours ago - Renthal Fatbar Lite V2 black handlebars M186-01-BK - red logo - removing
3 hours ago - Sexiest DH bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
3 hours ago - Rescan all my rides
3 hours ago - Bulk editing my ride logs
4 hours ago - Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
4 hours ago - YT Capra Owners
4 hours ago - 2019 Stumpjumper Evo
5 hours ago - Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
6 hours ago - Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
6 hours ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
6 hours ago - What bar width are you running for 2020?
6 hours ago - Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
6 hours ago - Rockshox service?
6 hours ago - Converting Specialized Stmpjmpr (‘16) to 1x11: What Cranks? Hub change?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019862
Mobile Version of Website