Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 17:06 Quote
CBC or Sportsnet hired this guy because of who he is and now they fired him because of who he is... what a f*cking mess.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 0:47 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
neondion wrote:
Big Dion, welcome back! Missed you bro!

Thanks pal good to b back. Maybe I will start up our old tradition of me calling u all drunk up at Christmas!!
Yes! lol [/Quote]

Ok Man U agreed to it!!

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 5:23 Quote
Started a winter project of building up a cheap dirt jumper for some spring and summer fun. Found an old p2 frame for. $10 on the local Facebook classifieds and sterling helped me out by snagging it in Bellingham for me. Turns out finding 26in wheeled gear isn’t that easy! Think I found some wheels, but an inexpensive 1 1/8 steerer fork is like finding WTH in a crowd of people... that said, getting the paint stripper out this weekend to remove the 13/14 year old paint and prep for some rattle canning. Gonna be a fun adventure of scouring the inter webs for stuff to build it out.

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 6:55 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
Started a winter project of building up a cheap dirt jumper for some spring and summer fun. Found an old p2 frame for. $10 on the local Facebook classifieds and sterling helped me out by snagging it in Bellingham for me. Turns out finding 26in wheeled gear isn’t that easy! Think I found some wheels, but an inexpensive 1 1/8 steerer fork is like finding WTH in a crowd of people... that said, getting the paint stripper out this weekend to remove the 13/14 year old paint and prep for some rattle canning. Gonna be a fun adventure of scouring the inter webs for stuff to build it out.

You hit ebay?

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 7:04 Quote
Yeah, I think i have an older Pike 409 lined up at a price i can handle... hope to be able to sprint up and buy it, everything seems to be in Bellingham. Must be the world telling me something. Should be fun to goof around on when done. The kids are more excited about it than i am! They are planning trips to pump tracks and dirt jumps for me.

Color wise for paint, thinking Kawasaki Green, reminiscent of my first MTB. Should be a fun time!

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 7:58 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
Yeah, I think i have an older Pike 409 lined up at a price i can handle... hope to be able to sprint up and buy it, everything seems to be in Bellingham. Must be the world telling me something. Should be fun to goof around on when done. The kids are more excited about it than i am! They are planning trips to pump tracks and dirt jumps for me.

Color wise for paint, thinking Kawasaki Green, reminiscent of my first MTB. Should be a fun time!

I'll wager that this collection of heathens could help you parts wise.

You know, a shitbike challenge at the next fossil fest could be fun. Like, agree to a $250 limit with limited begging permission for the entirety of the bike and race the f*ckers in a Chinese downhill.
That could be fun.

Chef, if you come across any paint issues or prep issues I know a guy who could relay some advice...

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 8:20 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 8:57 Quote
Got some aluminum wheels on Friday. Going to swap those on to my Remedy. Probably swap the fork off to a Z1 and put the stock shock back on. Drop the price to $2900.

It's not selling the way it is and it's a really good deal so I'm going to hold on to some of the factory bits and move them over to my Chameleon.

People are crazy. Fully loaded bike for basically $3500.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 9:32 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Got some aluminum wheels on Friday. Going to swap those on to my Remedy. Probably swap the fork off to a Z1 and put the stock shock back on. Drop the price to $2900.

It's not selling the way it is and it's a really good deal so I'm going to hold on to some of the factory bits and move them over to my Chameleon.

People are unsophisticated consumers who follow the popular consensus in an effort to display status during their recreational opportunities. Your fully loaded bike doesn't fit their vision of what cool bob looks like at the trailhead. You are experiencing the fundamental issue that is driving me away from this sport.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 10:20 Quote
obee1 wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

People are unsophisticated consumers who follow the popular consensus in an effort to display status during their recreational opportunities. Your fully loaded bike doesn't fit their vision of what cool bob looks like at the trailhead. You are experiencing the fundamental issue that is driving me away from this sport.

Yeah. Put a Santa Cruz logo on it and it would have sold in 3 hours at the price I have on it.

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 10:59 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Only issue I’ve seen is with the aluminum Trek. Friend here had a Remedy. Pulled it off the tailgate pad after a day of shuttling and there was tiny little dents in the down tube. Another local guy had the down tube actually fold a little on the tailgate pad. The aluminum is obviously very thin in that area.
But hey, they sure are light!
I’m sure the carbon ones are fine.

Crisco definitely do the steel HT thing, HT’s can be so much fun. However skip the plus tires. I went plus on my old HT originally. Fun for monster trucking everything but the side walls just fold to easy when you hammer it into corners. AKA: ride aggressively.
Go 2.6” max and call her done.
That said I have a set of 2.8 HRII’s I used for the plus experiment and snow riding hanging in the shed. I no longer use them. Unless Jerome still wants them for his E-bike.
I do but i need to visit to pick them up

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 11:09 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
obee1 wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

Yeah. Put a Santa Cruz logo on it and it would have sold in 3 hours at the price I have on it.

Comparison is the thief of joy mon frere. If there was a Santa Cruz logo on it you would have paid two grand more, and you might not be selling it right now either. ( at least, when I bought my Bronson I bought a remedy at the same time, and the price stickers told the tale.)

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 12:03 Quote
MTB world is a gong show for selling used bikes. A couple of buddies are trying to sell off their bikes and are getting hammered on price. With good entry level bikes with warranty at the same price as a high end used bike combined with the MTB worlds constantly changing standards right now I think most are hesitant to jump into the used bike market.

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 12:49 Quote
obee1 wrote:

Calgary has always been about the bling and bedazzle... but more and more as we travel around we are finding there’s just awesome wonderful people riding whatever they have.

Keep riding your bicycle... there’s good people in those hills.

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 12:50 Quote
Oh and there’s the occasional nice person with a brand new bit of bling too Wink

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.043216
Mobile Version of Website