Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Author Message
Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 13:52 Quote
Yeah it's a trip. Every time I ride it people comment on it being a nice build. I tell em it's for sale... crickets.

That's why I generally just keep shit until it falls apart. I hate selling things. So I either keep them or price things so low people wonder wtf is wrong with it.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 20:19 Quote
I like these guys.... this is a new one...


Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 23:15 Quote
Old friend of mine and his wife. Lotta sound for a 2 piece.


Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 23:35 Quote
Oh Ive seen them a few times now. They're killer. They are either living in Bellingham or just play here a lot.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 0:06 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
Started a winter project of building up a cheap dirt jumper for some spring and summer fun. Found an old p2 frame for. $10 on the local Facebook classifieds and sterling helped me out by snagging it in Bellingham for me. Turns out finding 26in wheeled gear isn’t that easy! Think I found some wheels, but an inexpensive 1 1/8 steerer fork is like finding WTH in a crowd of people... that said, getting the paint stripper out this weekend to remove the 13/14 year old paint and prep for some rattle canning. Gonna be a fun adventure of scouring the inter webs for stuff to build it out.

Post up what you need duder.. I have multiple parts bins of my own and at the shop.. I just used my old 1 1/8 straight Pike on my own "parts bin" rainy day dirt jumper build otherwise I would have gladly kicked it to you.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 8:22 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Post up what you need.

Money and an occasional hug

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 8:30 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
Post up what you need.

Money and an occasional hug

A reach around and a dart

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
Rig.
I did some cheap and easy mods to my pick up (finally) this weekend. Installed a 2 inch level kit (just strut spacers) and beefed up the tires from 275 to 285. I went with the Toyo Open Country C/T. I wanted a winter rated tire that I could run all year long. The front end is about 3/4 of an inch higher than the back now, but I think that is mostly due to the weight of the canopy. The stance is more aggressive and looks pretty rad. Still running stock wheels mostly because I could care less about wheels. Overall, pretty easy to do the kit myself and got the look I wanted without spending a bunch of money.

Ps...the photo doesnt really do it justice but I am stoked.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 9:01 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
Post up what you need.

Money

Don't we all.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 9:02 Quote
That’s all I did to my truck, 10”x20” wheel with slight offset and 33”x12.5” toyo MTs . Been stoked on my rig too. Happy purchase.
Looks great bro!!!!!!!!!!!!You be real happy with the toyos

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 9:08 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
That’s all I did to my truck, 10”x20” wheel with slight offset and 33”x12.5” toyo MTs . Been stoked on my rig too. Happy purchase.
Looks great bro!!!!!!!!!!!!You be real happy with the toyos


Yeah the 285 are the same as 32" tires. I ran the Toyo A/Ts and they were great...but not in the snow. I have heard good things about the C/T. They are sort of in between the A/T and the M/T. With the lighter half tonne these beefer tires last much longer tham on the big trucks so I hope to get 60 to 70k out of them.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 9:41 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
jamezyo wrote:
That’s all I did to my truck, 10”x20” wheel with slight offset and 33”x12.5” toyo MTs . Been stoked on my rig too. Happy purchase.
Looks great bro!!!!!!!!!!!!You be real happy with the toyos


Yeah the 285 are the same as 32" tires. I ran the Toyo A/Ts and they were great...but not in the snow. I have heard good things about the C/T. They are sort of in between the A/T and the M/T. With the lighter half tonne these beefer tires last much longer tham on the big trucks so I hope to get 60 to 70k out of them.
Ya man they should get that easy. I put about 20k on mine and did first rotation. I wana squeez 90 out of them lol

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 11:21 Quote
Watch your CV boots carefully after that lift. If they've already got some miles on em they might not like the new sharper angles.

I remember doing a "1" torsion bar lift" on my old S10 blazer. Destroyed both boots in a month, although they most likely were already on their way out. Still, not fun on a high school budget.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 7:48 Quote
Truck mods for the win. Looks cool Chris!
Anyone else check out the SEMA show just happened? Mental is normal.

JRE fans amongst us, don't sleep on the RZA and Donnell Rawlings episode. RZA is a genius and Donnell is hilarious.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031784
Mobile Version of Website