Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Author Message
Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 17:49 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
Oh my. I just got introduced to Japanese whiskey... where have I been? I am blown away with the smoothness and belly warming... next trip across the border I’ll be picking up a few new bottles.
Not available in the US?
I've been hooked since travelling to Hokkaido.

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 18:18 Quote
It’s available, it’s just less expensive when you hit the duty free shops!

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 18:51 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
It’s available, it’s just less expensive when you hit the duty free shops!
Ah gotcha, it is expensive.

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 18:57 Quote
d-man wrote:
Tis the season to be warm and fuzzy

Quite like this one.

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 19:31 Quote
Sold my Ripmo and am going to order an electric kit for my fat bike. Have been toying with the idea of building more than riding next season and the e Kit will help with access. It's also going to be a shit ton of fun this winter.

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 19:32 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
d-man wrote:
Tis the season to be warm and fuzzy

Quite like this one.
I remember your recommendation, it's very nice.

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 20:00 Quote
d-man wrote:
Sold my Ripmo and am going to order an electric kit for my fat bike. Have been toying with the idea of building more than riding next season and the e Kit will help with access. It's also going to be a shit ton of fun this winter.

Local contracts?!?!?

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 21:58 Quote
d-man wrote:
Sold my Ripmo and am going to order an electric kit for my fat bike. Have been toying with the idea of building more than riding next season and the e Kit will help with access. It's also going to be a shit ton of fun this winter.
Let me know how this works out and which one you go with. I’ve been thinking of doing this as for the same reason. As long as I can take it off and go back to stock for the winter months it would be perfect.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 3:58 Quote
Sorry but I disagree with most of you. No need to get offensive.

26's aren't from just the 90's. Mountain bikes began with them almost 100 years ago.

Can't really say I don't know what I'm talking about or that I'm "out my element" When I've been riding 20 years and ridden over 100 bikes.

For me it's just as much about the bikes themselves than the actual riding. Just like custom bike builders or car tuners.

I just prefer to ride with accuracy and risk than just plow over everything because it's a bit faster.

I'm entitled to have my own opinion. Just thought maybe some riders here still like 26's I guess not...

If this is all old news my bad. had some years off the bike.

Sorry if you are triggered. Have a nice day Smile

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 3:58 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Poor guy stepped into the mean old bastards lair... ride whatcha got and yank on your unlubricated willie you see stars!
Lmao lol

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 4:13 Quote
TomMack wrote:
I'm entitled
Literally the only accurate thing you've said so far...

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 5:18 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
TomMack wrote:
I'm entitled
Literally the only accurate thing you've said so far...

Kids these days...

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 6:47 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
TomMack wrote:
I'm entitled
Literally the only accurate thing you've said so far...

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 7:27 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
d-man wrote:
Sold my Ripmo and am going to order an electric kit for my fat bike. Have been toying with the idea of building more than riding next season and the e Kit will help with access. It's also going to be a shit ton of fun this winter.

Local contracts?!?!?
Nope, I'm done with organized trail building. Doing my own thing.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 7:36 Quote
TomMack wrote:
Sorry but I disagree with most of you. No need to get offensive.

26's aren't from just the 90's. Mountain bikes began with them almost 100 years ago.

Can't really say I don't know what I'm talking about or that I'm "out my element" When I've been riding 20 years and ridden over 100 bikes.

For me it's just as much about the bikes themselves than the actual riding. Just like custom bike builders or car tuners.

I just prefer to ride with accuracy and risk than just plow over everything because it's a bit faster.

I'm entitled to have my own opinion. Just thought maybe some riders here still like 26's I guess not...

If this is all old news my bad. had some years off the bike.

Sorry if you are triggered. Have a nice day Smile
Not triggered, you're just a new guy posting in a group of people that have been chatting for years. You came back for more, you might fit in....

20 years of riding? I have bikes and kids that old lol.
26 wheel bikes are not a bad thing, they were great at the time but the new geometry and wheels size has really changed the game.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023733
Mobile Version of Website