Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 10:18 Quote
obee1 wrote:
I'm entitled

Wuh? Who are you?

Not really the best way to drop into a conversation.

In fairness tommy initiated the conversation.

The entitled response was too much fresh blood for the Sharks to ignore. So the chewing continues. The lebowski oversight notwithstanding, I think he's got whiskers on his chin and taking shots and giving back, so fair play to tommy.

I don't scroll back so I likely missed it.

I just read it and was like... dafuk is this.

Stand by my statements in regards to 26/27.5 though. I can't flack for being a 27.5 holdover and I still own a 26 bike. Actually now that I think of it... only thing I don't own right now is a 29. LOL!.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 10:28 Quote
d-man wrote:
photo
Tis the season to be warm and fuzzy

Not a bad whisky.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 10:38 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Ok good cause I felt left out.... like all I was getting for the day was a participation trophy

Don't worry.. I raced a SS CX race this weekend and the only thing I was was a moving obsticle for the real racers.. I had my gearing so wrong my average cadence was 38rpm.. Lol
Holy shit man... what gearing were you running?

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 10:41 Quote
For Tommy Boy, I especially enjoyed the "like car tuners" shout out.... cause you know, custom cars are still running 14" steel wheels and jetted carbs with single cams. All the cars tuners totally eschewed the move to large alloy wheels and efi and DOHC, and none of them are running computer tunes and ethanol mixes... they just told their clients to appreciate the precision of 14" rims and bias ply tires, and learn how to drive.

lol

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 13:22 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Ok good cause I felt left out.... like all I was getting for the day was a participation trophy

Don't worry.. I raced a SS CX race this weekend and the only thing I was was a moving obsticle for the real racers.. I had my gearing so wrong my average cadence was 38rpm.. Lol
Holy shit man... what gearing were you running?

36-16.. I had raced this course for 5 years as a junior and it was always a flat fast course that was mostly flat gravel roads. So went aggressive gearing.

Showed up and there was not a flat straight piece of track.. It was all twisty, on a sidehill and super muddy. So my gearing was completely off. I paid $25 to be a moving traffic cone for the guys with half my gearing.. Ha

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 14:05 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
Did you check out the Marin Rift Zone Carbon? Looking forward to swinging a leg over that rocket ship!

Read about it on the front page. Bike looks pretty good but please send an Email to your Marin contact. Pastel and fluorescent coloured decals went out with the fresh Prince of Bel Air. Yellow writing good, highlighter yellow bad.
Shred says no more.
Snicker snicker.
That said I hope that short travel trail bike won’t be your do everything rig. I too went short out back for the 2018 season and quickly realized I huck to flat more than I think. Went back up to the 160/145mm Ripmo for my trail needs and was much happier with my rides this summer. Less thwackin’ in the backin’. Speaking of zee Ripmo. I just picked it up from the shop with a slight modification. Had the shop press in a Works Components 1 degree angleset to match the geo of the new Ripmo AF. HA now measures 65 degrees, perfect. $70 CAD angleset is much more cost effective than a new $2000+ aluminum frame to get 1 degree slacker. Testing tomorrow.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 14:45 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:
Did you check out the Marin Rift Zone Carbon? Looking forward to swinging a leg over that rocket ship!

Read about it on the front page. Bike looks pretty good but please send an Email to your Marin contact. Pastel and fluorescent coloured decals went out with the fresh Prince of Bel Air. Yellow writing good, highlighter yellow bad.
Shred says no more.
Snicker snicker.
That said I hope that short travel trail bike won’t be your do everything rig. I too went short out back for the 2018 season and quickly realized I huck to flat more than I think. Went back up to the 160/145mm Ripmo for my trail needs and was much happier with my rides this summer. Less thwackin’ in the backin’. Speaking of zee Ripmo. I just picked it up from the shop with a slight modification. Had the shop press in a Works Components 1 degree angleset to match the geo of the new Ripmo AF. HA now measures 65 degrees, perfect. $70 CAD angleset is much more cost effective than a new $2000+ aluminum frame to get 1 degree slacker. Testing tomorrow.

The grey and black with yellow highlites is a winner but the other one... not my thing. This is going to be the do all but only if it works. By the sounds of things, I am going to be a bit of a test pilot next year so I if the rift zone isn't all I want it to be then I should be able to throw my leg of something with longer travel.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 14:52 Quote
Looks like a fun bike no matter the colour. Just don’t say fu*k it and huck it.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 16:26 Quote
Yes... just finished my fork. Converted it from a frankenfork back to a standard Grip2 36 but with some custom painted lowers. Looks amazing. Now to get the bike up to par.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 16:38 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Yes... just finished my fork. Converted it from a frankenfork back to a standard Grip2 36 but with some custom painted lowers. Looks amazing. Now to get the bike up to par.

Pretty lame no pictures post!!!! Uploads NOW!!!!

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 16:49 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

Got find a hosting site. When's this site gonna get with the times and just let people post shit.

I'll snap some pictures if there's sun tomorrow.

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 17:56 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

Got find a hosting site. When's this site gonna get with the times and just let people post shit.

I'll snap some pictures if there's sun tomorrow.

Ummmm?????

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 18:03 Quote
d-man wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:
d-man wrote:
Sold my Ripmo and am going to order an electric kit for my fat bike. Have been toying with the idea of building more than riding next season and the e Kit will help with access. It's also going to be a shit ton of fun this winter.

Local contracts?!?!?
Nope, I'm done with organized trail building. Doing my own thing.

I can appreciate that...

Associations and people are so awesome. They also make me vomit. It’s a love hate thing.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 19:34 Quote
Suppose I can load some in my profile. I’ll do it tomorrow

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.073714
Mobile Version of Website