Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 0:38 Quote
Right? I mean, he can't be serious. Can he?

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 0:46 Quote
Wife informed me that the 30 year old dishwasher in our very new to us house flooded the kitchen today in the middle of all the dad chaos.

Trying to diagnose things tonight and every plastic piece on the thing is brittle and breaks, and the drain pump is shot.. I am usually a fix it dude instead of replacing things.. But 200+ in parts means a hard pass. Especially when there are tons of stainless ones on Craigslist for way less than the parts cost for the old one. I was hoping for a simple clogged filter or something..

Looks like I'll be buying a dishwasher instead of the dedicated snow tires for my car this month. Jeeze.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 0:54 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Wife informed me that the 30 year old dishwasher in our very new to us house flooded the kitchen today in the middle of all the dad chaos.

Trying to diagnose things tonight and every plastic piece on the thing is brittle and breaks, and the drain pump is shot.. I am usually a fix it dude instead of replacing things.. But 200+ in parts means a hard pass. Especially when there are tons of stainless ones on Craigslist for way less than the parts cost for the old one. I was hoping for a simple clogged filter or something..

Looks like I'll be buying a dishwasher instead of the dedicated snow tires for my car this month. Jeeze.
Any chance you bought a home warranty when you bought the new place? They're usually pretty good about covering that kind of shit.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 1:05 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

Any chance you bought a home warranty when you bought the new place? They're usually pretty good about covering that kind of shit.

Nah, no warranty or any jazz. Honestly it's not a big deal, just kinda shitty timing. My family has done the rental thing for so long that we have pretty much done it all, I'll have a $100 craigslist washer in there tomorrow just was an almost comical failure for the end of the day.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 1:06 Quote
How about Fords new electric Mustang...
Car?
SUV?
Crossover?
Can’t say I hate the look of it but going with Mustang seems a little weird.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 1:58 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Car?
SUV?
Crossover?
Honestly thought it was a joke when I saw it... can't believe they called it a Mustang. Should've lumped it in with the Edge/Echo small SUV lines if anything.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 5:53 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Car?
SUV?
Crossover?

Now the spectators at cars and coffee that become crash victims will never hear the Mustang coming...
Fugly and shouldn't be called a Mustang.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 6:10 Quote
Damn thing looks like a Tesla.... should’ve called it a MuskTang

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 8:40 Quote
WTF on both elon and the estang

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 9:16 Quote
ive been discussing this with fellow motorheads. its a terrible decision regardless of the rationalizations regarding performance etc. its an affront to the mustang name.
the thing that bugs me so much is that ford has an equestrian lineage to their vehicles names.
mustang
bronco
pinto.
more? cant think off the top of my head. but its so creatively lazy just to call it a mustang. i think they should have called it something else horse related.
clydesdale could be a good workhorse name. palomino, chariot, electric raptor could be a warhorse.

now im not a f*ckin horse guy in any way, but shit they could even name their cars in a manner akin to how lamborghini names almost all their cars after bulls.
f*ckin lazy ford. from a ford fan.

as for elon, i think hes trolling with this truck and when the real production vehicle is released it will probably look and perform quite differently.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 11:57 Quote
Honestly.... with a little bit of refinement I could see that truck being pretty sweet. It's just WTF enough to be cool.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 11:57 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
WTF on both elon and the estang

The estang... yeah that should be called something else.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 12:17 Quote
thoughts on the tesla truck tho?

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 12:29 Quote
I'm not a fan of the Tesla truck or the estang. I agree with you Obee, Ford needs to pick a different name. Maybe the Gelding.... lol. The Mustang is a long standing favorite muscle car of mine(except for 72-7Cool

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 12:46 Quote
If they where going to use a name from an existing model it should have been Taurus.

Active Forum Threads
27 mins ago - Kona Process 153 vs Ibis Ripmo AF: Which is Better For Beginners?
1 hours ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
1 hours ago - Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
2 hours ago - Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
2 hours ago - Greece for enduro riding in winter
3 hours ago - 2020 - SantaCruz Tallboy Carbon vs Canyon Neuron CF 9.0 SL
4 hours ago - Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...
4 hours ago - Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
4 hours ago - Trail Conditions for Calgarians
5 hours ago - Post your Propain!
5 hours ago - How should I go about custom painting my fork?
5 hours ago - Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
5 hours ago - Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
5 hours ago - Trailforks.com Bug Reports
5 hours ago - I really want my bike back....
6 hours ago - [STOLEN BIKES] Post Your Stolen Bike Ad Here (U.S.A/Canada/South America Only)
6 hours ago - Official Vernon Riders Thread
7 hours ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
7 hours ago - Better cable routing grommets - 2019 Capra AL
7 hours ago - Banshee Bikes, NS Bikes, YT Industries Bikes and Ragley Bikes need their own manufacturer forum on Pinkbike
7 hours ago - Show your all mountain bike
7 hours ago - Motobecane Hal Boost: Anyone Riding a BD Bike?
7 hours ago - Best Do it all Bike
8 hours ago - Having a hell of a time finding a replacement wheel
8 hours ago - transition pbj

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026363
Mobile Version of Website