Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 19:08 Quote
Ha! Nope I just said sorry bro... and he was like... yeah alright....

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 19:41 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
got a tree at the tree farm today... brought the dog who promptly pooped a runny one next to a tree someone was obviously getting ready to load up.... while I'm getting a bag out to clean up, my wife tried to help by flinging the poo into the tree.... I said honey you just flung poo into that guys tree.. huh??? oh sorry man your tree you just spent all morning hunting for has poop on it....or rather....in it... Facepalm
That is a crappy tree....

Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 1:14 Quote
billbek wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
got a tree at the tree farm today... brought the dog who promptly pooped a runny one next to a tree someone was obviously getting ready to load up.... while I'm getting a bag out to clean up, my wife tried to help by flinging the poo into the tree.... I said honey you just flung poo into that guys tree.. huh??? oh sorry man your tree you just spent all morning hunting for has poop on it....or rather....in it... Facepalm
That is a crappy tree....

Whole new meaning for Charlie BROWN x-mas tree.

Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 6:58 Quote
Snicker snicker.... i did feel bad....

Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 16:59 Quote
I used to love going for the family tree. We have fake ones now.......

I remember as a kid being at a farm and we had looked and looked and looked for a tree . Finally my dad sees one he likes and yells for us to all come to where he was. Standing next to the tree is a five year old girl. No parents. Just the kid. She kinda moved about 5 feet away from us and was just looking around.

We agreed on the tree as a family and my dad starts to cut it down. Right then the five year old starts screaming that were killing her tree.

My dad being the man he is does not miss beat and finishes with a "timber" yell.......

Kid is still screaming.......and her dad shows up.

He starts shoving my dad asking him why he cut his tree down. They argue about who's tree it is while we all stand there watching.

The guy and kid dissapeared to get the tree farm owner to settle the dispute....

My dad cuts the tree in half and says let's go find a tree.......

Had to be 200 people in a 200 acre field of trees wondering wtf was going on.

My dad knew the tree farm owner personally and gave him an extra 20 bucks for the chopped up tree.

My parents still.go to the farm every year to get a tree.

Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 17:27 Quote
Man, reading the comments on the front page article about the adjustable coil spring really drives home how little most people understand about suspension... most of these kids can't figure out how a coil spring works, it's no wonder they can't figure out a damper and just mindlessly praise or condemn whatever the popular bit of kit is at the moment.

Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 17:38 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Man, reading the comments on the front page article about the adjustable coil spring really drives home how little most people understand about suspension... most of these kids can't figure out how a coil spring works, it's no wonder they can't figure out a damper and just mindlessly praise or condemn whatever the popular bit of kit is at the moment.

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 18:01 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:

I was amazed by how much knowledge was dropped in the Enduro thread the last few weeks.. Seriously so much good conversation about suspension design.

Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 18:05 Quote
whoadragon wrote:
I used to love going for the family tree. We have fake ones now.......

I remember as a kid being at a farm and we had looked and looked and looked for a tree . Finally my dad sees one he likes and yells for us to all come to where he was. Standing next to the tree is a five year old girl. No parents. Just the kid. She kinda moved about 5 feet away from us and was just looking around.

We agreed on the tree as a family and my dad starts to cut it down. Right then the five year old starts screaming that were killing her tree.

My dad being the man he is does not miss beat

and finishes with a "timber" yell.......

Kid is still screaming.......and her dad shows up.

He starts shoving my dad asking him why he cut his tree down. They argue about who's tree it is while we all stand there watching.

The guy and kid dissapeared to get the tree farm owner to settle the dispute....

My dad cuts the tree in half and says let's go find a tree.......

Had to be 200 people in a 200 acre field of trees wondering wtf was going on.

My dad knew the tree farm owner personally and gave him an extra 20 bucks for the chopped up tree.

My parents still.go to the farm every year to get a tree.

GREAT story !!! Gotta love tradition !

Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 18:21 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

I was amazed by how much knowledge was dropped in the Enduro thread the last few weeks.. Seriously so much good conversation about suspension design.
For sure... there's a few legitimately knowledgeable guys in there, Thuren and RMR both know their shit.

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 19:11 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

For sure... there's a few legitimately knowledgeable guys in there, Thuren and RMR both know their shit.

I almost forgot we were on pinkbike because that thread was so informative and lacking drama until someone got started on the keto diet and people started called each other names.. I felt more at home then.

Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 19:13 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

Rude, I also know things

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 9:12 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

Rude, I also know things
I just sit back and read all the good bits on that thread. I have to admit that I know jack shit about suspension but the piles of recent threads have been super helpful. And yes, you are also a knowledgeable contributor ajax.

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 9:33 Quote
I think that coil rate thing looks pretty cool. Kinda spendy but definitely cool.

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 12:27 Quote
Kero name calling and knowing things... sounds like it could be a podcast lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.074713
Mobile Version of Website